Where are we heading as a club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We want steel on the field we need to steel in the front office. It has been absent for 10 years. It’s about time!!

I think despite all the many comments about the sky falling in , you’d have to say that Mestrov is kicking some goals.

We are moving on from the Fulton / Des era and I’m pretty happy with that.
Between Brooks and DCE you will get an organising and a running halfback. Not one of each but both have half of each.

DCE came through young with Glenn Stewart Brett Stewart and Jamie Lyon helping his playmaking and game management. So it was boosted but didn't really develop the way it could have.

Why waste Shuster as a 21 year old as brilliant as he is trying to make him a 6. Fainu isn't going to run a team as an 18 year old as a half. The roosters burnt Walker because he was too young and Seibold was the one who wanted Walker to start as a fullback having seen what halfback did to Dearden at that age at the Broncos. Halves can't play in the NRL at a young age. Katoa is an exception but what the Dolphins are throwing up is hardly complex attack and was only going to last for half a season.

Seibold only came in at the end of the year and is now able to make some changes. No boss walks in and starts making massive changes it's a quick way to get noses out of joint.

Turbo gets a chance to get his legs right and the team gets the chance to play without him which won't hurt.

Look at the positives, this circuit breaker was a good thing, now to integrate GCKT. We weren't winning this comp next year top 4 2025 is ours.

Expect some 50+ bollockings with Brooks and Schu in the defensive line....you heard it here first.
I love Schu, but him and Brooks in the same team leaves massive gaps in the defensive line, which isn't helped by an average forward pack

Between Brooks and DCE you will get an organising and a running halfback. Not one of each but both have half of each.

DCE came through young with Glenn Stewart Brett Stewart and Jamie Lyon helping his playmaking and game management. So it was boosted but didn't really develop the way it could have.

Why waste Shuster as a 21 year old as brilliant as he is trying to make him a 6. Fainu isn't going to run a team as an 18 year old as a half. The roosters burnt Walker because he was too young and Seibold was the one who wanted Walker to start as a fullback having seen what halfback did to Dearden at that age at the Broncos. Halves can't play in the NRL at a young age. Katoa is an exception but what the Dolphins are throwing up is hardly complex attack and was only going to last for half a season.

Seibold only came in at the end of the year and is now able to make some changes. No boss walks in and starts making massive changes it's a quick way to get noses out of joint.

Turbo gets a chance to get his legs right and the team gets the chance to play without him which won't hurt.

Look at the positives, this circuit breaker was a good thing, now to integrate GCKT. We weren't winning this comp next year top 4 2025 is ours.

Great post, couldn't of said it better myself.
Thank you TEE

I think despite all the many comments about the sky falling in , you’d have to say that Mestrov is kicking some goals.

We are moving on from the Fulton / Des era and I’m pretty happy with that.
Mark, I admire your optimism.

I think no one has asked the question though...why we signed Brooks when we know what Cade Cust brings to the table for likely half the price?

Off contract at the end 2023.
Fair enough , I hadn’t seen that.

I read recently where his form had really dropped off so I wonder is this why he hasn’t been resigned.

I don't really see how he would be any different to Brooks. At least you would get him cheaper, and he's a better defender as well and you know he played well for us.
The way I look at things is the coach is building the team HE WANTS, he currently has the team “ DES BUILT “.

Like every coach he’ll live and die by the sword, he wins a premiership in 2025, he’s a superstar. We finish close to last in 24/25 he won’t even make the end of 25.

My view is give him the reins , and then let’s see.

There are currently 13 million , 7 hundred and 80 thousand ideas on here about what to do better but at this point I’ll back the coach.

The way I look at things is the coach is building the team HE WANTS, he currently has the team “ DES BUILT “.

Like every coach he’ll live and die by the sword, he wins a premiership in 2025, he’s a superstar. We finish close to last in 24/25 he won’t even make the end of 25.

My view is give him the reins , and then let’s see.

There are currently 13 million , 7 hundred and 80 thousand ideas on here about what to do better but at this point I’ll back the coach.
That's fair enough.

Im of the view Seibold will get the boot by next years end.

I expect 2024, to be no different to this one, with the current forward packing remaining largely unchanged and we've recruited a half who's biggest liability is his defence....so whilst Schu and Brooks are in the same team, a few 50+ floggings are in store.

We have prioritized a very attacking ethos with no attention being payed to the defensive aspect of our game.

I hope Im wrong.

I am very pleased with our signing of Brooks. What it does is give us more attacking focal points which takes the pressure of each bll player - DCE, Brooks, Schu at lock and the Turbo popping up outside of these guys and speed to burn in the centres with Garrick and Koula. I feel we are finally getting our backline in order. All we need now is to complete our spine with a zippy ball playing hooker (to interchange with Croker) and a mean and nasty front rower and then IMO we are good to go in 2024.

We're headed for years of the same. Mediocrity and failure. The recruitment policy is flashing alarm bells. We've recruited rejects and failures from other poorly performing clubs whole letting go talented juniors. Been happening for a decade now.
Aloiai, Woods, Condon, Tuilagi, Lodge, Bullemore, Croker, Harper, Morgan, Arthur, Johns, Taulau , Tuipolutu, Saab. It's just so much Mediocrity that will never get us consistently playing finals and competing with the top 4.

Mark, I admire your optimism.

I think no one has asked the question though...why we signed Brooks when we know what Cade Cust brings to the table for likely half the price?
Cust over Brooks would have been the same mediocre hope strategy of the past 10 years and I don't mind Cust.

We're headed for years of the same. Mediocrity and failure. The recruitment policy is flashing alarm bells. We've recruited rejects and failures from other poorly performing clubs whole letting go talented juniors. Been happening for a decade now.
Aloiai, Woods, Condon, Tuilagi, Lodge, Bullemore, Croker, Harper, Morgan, Arthur, Johns, Taulau , Tuipolutu, Saab. It's just so much Mediocrity that will never get us consistently playing finals and competing with the top 4.
Mediocre Worringly Sea Eagles... thanks @Terry Zarsoff for the inspiration

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8