Where do we need to strengthen?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think Hastings deserves first shot at 5/8, this position could well make or break Manly's success over the next decade, otherwise would be a MUST signing imo.....Would like to consider Woods as Lawrence/Myles will be gone by 2019 at lastest - some rate him soft but rarely gets beaten up on the field and almost always wins a quick play the ball...Kikau from Penrith another big youngster going places could be the best bargain buy and fit in with this youthful squad...tough kid who doesn't need a smack in the mouth to fire up...love his aggression.

Well i hope they dont strengthen the forwards by thinking aaron woods is the answer.

This is how I see our team building up in the next couple of years.

1- T Trbojevic
2-
3- D Walker
4- B Kelly
5-
6- J Hastings
7- D Cherry-Evans
8- D Lussick
9- A Koroisau
10- M Taupau
11-
12- C Sironen
13- J Trbojevic

14-
15-
16- A Fonua-Blake
17-

Fill in those spots with some young guns from lower grades or stars. Ben Trbojevic as well won't be far off or Albert Hopoate.

Although Winterstein is doing a fabulous job holding our edge defence together, we could really do with a marquee backrower for next season. Someone with a more dynamic running and offloading game.
Yeah and maybe Winterstein to the bench to replace Brown. Myles and Lawrence I'd like to see replaced eventually by either Nelson Asofa-Solomona, James Graham, Adam Blair or Christian Welch (for Myles) and Paseka (For Lawrence)

Ideally would want Myles to leave at season's end (short of his contract), having Lawrence extend for a further season (till end of 2018) and replace Myles with Paseka for 2018 season and sign a 2018 off contract prop to replace Lawrence for the 2019 season. If Winterstein play poor off the bench (should we sign a quality second-row this off season) than I would like to replace him with Jamil Hoppa.

However, I would wait out on this as our current second-rowers in Siro and Winterstein are both improving by the second.

Also in 2018, I'd like to replace Green with Hodkinson although he'd be rather old at this stage, Michael Morgan is a stretch although maybe thurstons imminent departure will make him want to leave to better horizons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just check out 2018's off contract lost, especially the props, halfbacks (who can play 5-8), and second-rows it's a gold-mine for manly

Also in 2018, I'd like to replace Green with Hodkinson although he'd be rather old at this stage, Michael Morgan is a stretch although maybe thurstons imminent departure will make him want to leave to better horizons.
Morgan and Cherry wouldn't work - DCE needs an organiser next to him. I can see Hastings taking Green's spot when his contract is up.

No more dumb penalties from trying to hold down the tackled player for an extra 2 or 3 seconds.

I can understand it when we are on the back foot with players still trying to get onside, but never when we already have them 40-80 meters from our tryline and our defense is under 0 threat.

These ones are unforgivable and can really change the momentum of the game and undo all of the previous good work.

Lewis Brown and Jake Trbojevic seem to have a habit of doing this in almost every game.

Just in my opinion...

Prop - Brenton Lawrence and Nate are not getting any younger. As good as they are going atm, their age would be catching up with them at some stage, so would probably look for a good prop to be a ready replacement for them when that time comes.

Second row - Sironen and Winterstein are improving every week, but I wouldn't say they are irreplaceable just yet. So wouldn't mind a good second row signing either.

Five Eighth - Paul Green at his age and a 2 year contract is just bridging us to our next signing. Whether he can potentially be replaced by Hastings or we need to sign someone else is up in the air.

Otherwise happy with the rest of our team. Our centres are young and are going great. The Turbo's are great, DCE is finally showing he's worth his price tag and our wingers despite being much maligned for their catching lay the platform in our sets with their hard carries.
Agree. Long term we will need to look at a possible 5/8 depending on how Tom Wright or Hastings develop and definitely 2 more forwards. One back row, one prop.

If you look at where we have been trending 4 of the 5 games this year, I'd say stability, and keeping the group together should be the main priority. That's how the last legacy was built.

01. Tom Trbojevic (20 years old)
02. Jorge Taufua (25 years old)
03. Brian Kelly (20 years old)
04. Dylan Walker (22 years old)
05. Akuila Uate (29 years old) - replaced by Brad Parker (20)
06. Blake Green (30 years old) - replaced by Jackson Hastings (21)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (28 years old)
08. Brenton Lawrence (32 years old)
09. Api Koroisou (24 years old)
10. Marty Taupau (27 years old)
11. Frank Winterstein (30 years old) - replaced by Billy Bainbridge (19)
12. Curtis Sironen (23 years old)
13. Jake Trbojevic (23 years old)

14. Lewis Brown (30 years old) - replaced by Jackson Hastings (21)
15. Nate Myles (31 years old) - replaced by Lloyd Perrett (22)
16. Darcy Lussick (27 years old)
17. Addin Fonua-Blake (21 years old)

If you go by that depth chart, it seems to me Prop quality and depth (and maybe 1 utility or 5/8) is the position we should be solifying with additional cap space + Matai/Stewart coin.

If the team continues to perform, there is no reason they shouldn't be rewarded with tenure now.

Here are all the props on the market right now (bolded one's my preference for various reasons):
Adam Blair, Kurt Dillon, Mitchell Dodds, Kane Evans, James Gavet, David Gower, Tim Grant, Rod Griffin, Charlie Gubb, James Hasson, Jacob Hind, Felise Kaufusi, Patrick Kaufusi, Viliame Kikau, Jeremy Latimore, Brenton Lawrence, Mose Masoe, Sam Mataora, Ben Matulino, Francis Molo, Rory O'Brien, Joe Ofahengaue, Ofahiki Ogden, Agnatius Paasi, Russell Packer, Mickey Paea, Pauli Pauli, Eddy Pettybourne, Frank Pritchard, Leivaha Pulu, Ligi Sao, Andy Saunders, Ava Seumanufagai, Toafofoa Sipley, Josh Starling, Jack Stockwell, Sam Tagataese, Dave Taylor, Peni Terepo, Oshae Tuiasau, Alex Twal, David Tyrrell, Albert Vete, Christian Welch, Aaron Woods
Tim Grant, Paulie Paulie, Gubb? You're kidding aren't you?

Morgan and Cherry wouldn't work - DCE needs an organiser next to him. I can see Hastings taking Green's spot when his contract is up.
Oh yeah they wouldn't now that I think of it. Definitely needs an organiser, Hastings could be that guy, although If not I'd be happy with Hodkinson although club looking long term so someone better would come up if Hastings doesn't work out

Asofa-Solomona will be near impossible to move from Melbourne given they have lost Harris to the Warriors and Proctor to the Titans...also given Cronk will be leaving, that's a fair chunk of cash and a guaranteed starting spot they can dangle in front of Nelson.

We are in the market for props. I think maybe just one and give Lawrence a one year contract. Then see how Perret and this young monster are going. I can only think of James graham who would be value for money but he is a bit too jakebt like. I'd throw money Kane Evans. A good second rower is also on the cards. We have backs coming through to cover depth. But Gutho back would be okay by me. I'd like Ethan Lowe.

taufua can't be our winger in the long term, can't win premierships with an error prone winger who is dodgy under the high ball... get completely exploited by the best in the finals such as thurston and cronk e.g. David Wolfman Williams infamous grand final.
I love taufua's running game, its crucial to lightening the load for our forwards, however i just feel stability in the corners is essential.
Need a clutch second rower, gives that other 2row spot some serious competition which can only lift the performances of sironen, winterstein and bainbridge in the future.
Wouldn't mind pinching connor watson from the rorters for the 5/8 role long term if hastings doesn't fulfill it.. gun potential in that kid. However, hastings goal kicking could be crucial as walker might not be a long term gk option
That's about it. Maybe some prop depth and we'll be sweet

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10