Where to from here...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Any talent who might move over from Union once the World Cup is over?

All players are a risk but if we end up trying two unknowns and they both play like crap the development of our team will suffer for another year. Before you know it Lyon is gone and we are further behind the eight ball...we really need to start to develop our halves whilst they have a core of international backs around them.
I would be blooding the best of our young guys in nsw cup right now

I will never be able to forgive the club for letting DCE go, so he wanted 1.2 mil, okay just PAY it i say. If he wasnt playing this year we would be 0/8, he set up both tries on the weekend, and carved up melbourne at brookie to give us enough points to hold on so, if not next year, the year we will realize losing DCE was a mistake

We have two of the best RL footballers who ever pulled on a boot - Bob Fulton and Andrew Johns. These two know how to spot talent, especially backs.

They way things are going Joey and Bozo will have to put on the 6 and 7 jerseys themselves and drag their asses out on the field for a swansong next season. They are supposed to be immortal aren't they?

Oh look. Over there. A little ray of cumulonimbus.

Lots of them heading for Brissie, apparently we get the same weather that hit Sydney last week, it's due Thursday / Friday.

Anyway , 3 weeks and I'm outa here, sunsets , fishing , cold beers , red wine and very little Internet !!

Here is the problem. We are going to lose our international halves at the end of this season. That's a fact. But so far we have no one of quality to replace them.

Of the players we do have.....

Killer has the experience to play 5/8, but in all honesty he's a centre and I also have a feeling that 2016 might be his last year anyway.

Peta Hiku isn't a 5/8. A fullback, centre or winger yes, but not a 5/8. He doesn't have the passing skills or awareness to be a successful half. And other than kicking goals I've never seen him kick the ball.

Although he was no doubt told to let DCE or Foran run things when he filled in last year, I don't think JLJ is going to be the answer either. Even if he didn't have an international halves pairing in front of him I think he would struggle to hold down a first grade spot with any team.

I see Gutho more as an outside back than a 5/8. Maybe later in his career he could move to 5/8, but in the next few years he'll primarily play in the centres, on the wing or at fullback. His body shape, speed and versatility remind me a lot of Dale Shearer who later in his career did play a fair bit of 5/8, even in Origin. And both are handy goal kickers.

I can't comment on our other U/20 or NSW Cup halves simply because I have never seen them play.

Quite frankly its getting to the point where someone like Todd Carney is going to be a "must sign" for the club (not saying we should sign Carney, but someone of his talent and experience).

Lots of them heading for Brissie, apparently we get the same weather that hit Sydney last week, it's due Thursday / Friday.

Anyway , 3 weeks and I'm outa here, sunsets , fishing , cold beers , red wine and very little Internet !!

Maroochydore is supposed to bear the brunt of it and I am supposed to be driving from here (Noosa) southwards into NSW while all this is going on.

Shouldve arranged to come with you MFB. Would've brought the red !

Maroochydore is supposed to bear the brunt of it and I am supposed to be driving from here (Noosa) southwards into NSW while all this is going on.

Quick weather update...I'm 1 hour south of the QLD border and it's just starting to set in.

Now back to the footy

My Red collection is usually out of bounds , but for you Jatz I'd probably open a special one!!

After missing out on Elgey, I would be happy with Carney. I think he has a lot to offer in the NRL and has all the skills to service our backline perfect.

Sign Carney and a Cherry backflip would be best case from now

Jeez that sound good.......

After missing out on Elgey and if Daly goes, I'd be saving the money and sticking with Jack Little John and Jamie Lyon at #7 & #6. There's no value in wasting money on lessor quality players just because there's nobody else.

Give the young guys in the U/20's some time to develop and only spend good money on decent players. Right now there's only 1 player worth big money and that's Daly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6