Where to from here...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't mind this idea. Imagine getting 2 quality forwards, as an example say Myles and Aaron Woods. And then you have a backline of Snake, Turbo, Hiku, Matai, Gutherson, Killer and young Travers at 7. Suddenly the team on paper looks a lot stronger.

Love the idea but how do we get woods? he has a contract I'm sure the tigers won't be releasing him.

It's like someone saying let's go get Tom T we would say **** off he is under contract.

The only players under contract that get let go are players the club don't want like Watmough

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone seen much of our 20's halves, Travers and Pearsall? If so, thoughts?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone seen much of our 20's halves, Travers and Pearsall? If so, thoughts?
Yes and they are good.
Remember that LG was an Under 20's Player last year and is only in fg due to others being injured.
Whilst Chez is off on SOO duties, we should try at least one of them out with the fg.
Given the chance to play in a strong squad, one of them may step up immediately like Foran did in 2010. Then the following year, he was able to cushion Chez's induction into fg @:cool:

Both good but not ready for first grade (Joey) is on record as saying both are a couple of years off first grade.

If the club thought they were ready they wouldn't have tried 2 sign Elgey.

Make shift halves combinations until we are give our young brigade a chance when they are ready could be a bumpy ride for the next couple of seasons but thats life. If I was recruiting I have noticed this season teams drilled with a good defense win games over their more fancied rivals . I would be recruiting non flashy workaholic backrowers that can tackle , tackle and tackle for 80 minutes genuine goers without egos but are good team players.

Make shift halves combinations until we are give our young brigade a chance when they are ready could be a bumpy ride for the next couple of seasons but thats life. If I was recruiting I have noticed this season teams drilled with a good defense win games over their more fancied rivals . I would be recruiting non flashy workaholic backrowers that can tackle , tackle and tackle for 80 minutes genuine goers without egos but are good team players.
Such as?

The only decent #7's available are/were, DCE, Egley and Cornish. They chased Elgey and just missed out on him. I believe if they offered $1.2 million to DCE, his scum bag of a manager would just keep asking for more. So that leaves Cornish.

If they can't get him, stick with JLJ & Lyon until the U/20's guys are ready in around 18 months.

Under no circumstances even consider, Hodkinson or worse, Sandow.

The only decent #7's available are/were, DCE, Egley and Cornish. They chased Elgey and just missed out on him. I believe if they offered $1.2 million to DCE, his scum bag of a manager would just keep asking for more. So that leaves Cornish.

If they can't get him, stick with JLJ & Lyon until the U/20's guys are ready in around 18 months.

Under no circumstances even consider, Hodkinson or worse, Sandow.

Hodkinson and Sandow are not terrible 7's. The key if we ended up with either of them would be to get them as cheap as possible so we can just pack the rest of the 17 with really strong players.

Sandow has his moments of brilliance, and his moments of utter stupidity. Hodkinson has no moments of brilliance, but also moments of stupidity.

Sandow is clearly the lesser of two evils.

Where to from here....? RD 13 can't come fast enough....IMO if the owners and the CEO reckon they're gonna attract " international standard " replacements for the players we've lost out on , I wanna see who they've got....the attempt at elgey suggests otherwise...Throw 1.2 Million at DCE and build a young side around him with a few hard nose forwards. ...international standard halves other than DCE arent out there imo. ...I just hope the CEO wasnt making the comment to try and buy some time with the fans.....the wait continues....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6