Where to from here...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But if he isn't tearing apart nsw cup, what hope do you give him of developing into a great half in firsts?

JLJ has played for the Roosters,Bulldogs and Us also a stint in Rugby and his claim to fame for us is 1 40/20 kick.

When foran was out and tooves overlooks you for Mateo that tells you how the club rates him.

It's not the one off that LG didn't join us it is symptom of something much bigger that this mob in charge just can't sign anyone. That is the worrying thing. From what we are told we offered a 5 game NRL player a really good deal to join up with the most successful club in last 50 years and he says no to stay at a club that is broke, being propped up by the NRL and has NO chance of ever winning a premiership. It is same thing over and over with everyone we are apparently after? It is ****ed up. Really ****ed up.
It's not the one off that LG didn't join us it is symptom of something much bigger that this mob in charge just can't sign anyone. That is the worrying thing. From what we are told we offered a 5 game NRL player a really good deal to join up with the most successful club in last 50 years and he says no to stay at a club that is broke, being propped up by the NRL and has NO chance of ever winning a premiership. It is same thing over and over with everyone we are apparently after? It is ****ed up. Really ****ed up.
Agree 100% my concern is what are the 3 stooges (kelly,penn & zorba) saying or doing to deter players from joining us, money talks all languages as we are all aware but there seems to be a growing trend of players simply saying NO (foz,dce,burgess,lg,myles) we are getting a reputation and i can see us settling for a has been and most probably paying overs. What a sad sad situation its become

Agree 100% my concern is what are the 3 stooges (kelly,penn & zorba) saying or doing to deter players from joining us, money talks all languages as we are all aware but there seems to be a growing trend of players simply saying NO (foz,dce,burgess,lg,myles) we are getting a reputation and i can see us settling for a has been and most probably paying overs. What a sad sad situation its become
There are Different reasons these players said no. I don't think we can just blame the three (stooges) and become paranoid that this is a trend.
Foz: Manly were never going to come close to the Eels ridiculous money thrown at him, of course he would take their crazy offer. I think it was pretty obvious the 3, went all out to sway him but the Parra money was just too good.
DCE: yes the 3, well and truly stuffed that up. Thats the one that hurts.
Burgess: only extended with Souths for one year because apparently he is considering NFL.
LG: only young and wanted to stay on the GC, fair enough. Can't blame the 3 for not getting him.
Myles: I didn't think anything had been confirmed. I thought he was waiting until after the Test to decide.

The logic is about recruiting players that will in the future. Pull your head in.
JLJ is never going to be a first grade player and never will be anywhere near the standard of DCE or Foran.

Recruit good young players from other clubs who may turn out to be the answer but not JLJ

why are we ruining the careers of Tom, jake and gutherson??? If we can't sign any halves or forwards we may aswel let them prosper somewhere else.
That's the way. Panic over losing a couple of halves. Have a cup of tea. There there. BB is right here. Things will be alright.

There are Different reasons these players said no. I don't think we can just blame the three (stooges) and become paranoid that this is a trend.
Foz: Manly were never going to come close to the Eels ridiculous money thrown at him, of course he would take their crazy offer. I think it was pretty obvious the 3, went all out to sway him but the Parra money was just too good.
DCE: yes the 3, well and truly stuffed that up. Thats the one that hurts.
Burgess: only extended with Souths for one year because apparently he is considering NFL.
LG: only young and wanted to stay on the GC, fair enough. Can't blame the 3 for not getting him.
Myles: I didn't think anything had been confirmed. I thought he was waiting until after the Test to decide.
Yeh i'll respond possibly true although foz:i believe they did offer big money maybe more this left dce on the outer possible result was withdraw offer we need his money for foz.
Burgess: plenty of rumours supporting he was interested, kelly loves the burgesses his bro was already here, if he has intentions on nfl why not bleed manly of cash he knew we had it.
Lg: from what i hear he took time to visit our facilities, shows interest on his behalf also must be aware we have cash, titans offered him a contract as stated he"borked" at it manly show interest titans counter offer he stays surely he must have considered us after a poor initial offer from titans.
Myles: manly showed interest as published all over the media,tele,fox sports etc he now looks to stay or possibly go to penrith again we F*****it up, just saying from my point of view we struggle to negotiate possible signings thats all.

Yeh i'll respond possibly true although foz:i believe they did offer big money maybe more this left dce on the outer possible result was withdraw offer we need his money for foz.
Burgess: plenty of rumours supporting he was interested, kelly loves the burgesses his bro was already here, if he has intentions on nfl why not bleed manly of cash he knew we had it.
Lg: from what i hear he took time to visit our facilities, shows interest on his behalf also must be aware we have cash, titans offered him a contract as stated he"borked" at it manly show interest titans counter offer he stays surely he must have considered us after a poor initial offer from titans.
Myles: manly showed interest as published all over the media,tele,fox sports etc he now looks to stay or possibly go to penrith again we F*****it up, just saying from my point of view we struggle to negotiate possible signings thats all.
Good points. I guess we will just wait and see how things pan out with Myles. Hopefully we will sign someone . I know The Raiders went through this last year. They lost Milford, failed to get Tedesco and Proctor. Then finally they signed Blake Austin. How good has he turned out to be for them? I know a lot of Tigers supporters wish they still had him. Frank Paul has also been another good signing for them. I am sure Bozo will be helping kelly & Penn get it sorted. Would be good to keep Zorba out of it though. He seems to have a hand in stuffing things up.

Good points. I guess we will just wait and see how things pan out with Myles. Hopefully we will sign someone . I know The Raiders went through this last year. They lost Milford, failed to get Tedesco and Proctor. Then finally they signed Blake Austin. How good has he turned out to be for them? I know a lot of Tigers supporters wish they still had him. Frank Paul has also been another good signing for them. I am sure Bozo will be helping kelly & Penn get it sorted. Would be good to keep Zorba out of it though. He seems to have a hand in stuffing things up.

Great point about the raiders

If I was a kinda decent half, I'd be ringing manly to try and get signed!!

Maybe the Penns just wanna promote from within. Throw out a few pseudo contracts so bonus if they get someone...but they might think...'well we still have foz and dce for this year....lets see how the others are going.'

Or they could sign this person who Joey rates very highly!!

http://www.nrl.com/joeys-immortal-endorsement-for-jillaroo/tabid/10874/newsid/85784/default.aspx

441160-ali-brigginshaw-.jpg

After all the Elgey crap I've at least learned one thing:

Don't believe anything until the club announces it. The rest is all just speculation and bull**** - even when it comes from *cough* respected journalists...

Unfortunately unless DCE backflips we are in for a few lean years. Letting DCE sign elsewhere is one of the clubs biggest mistakes in its history. Halfbacks of his caliber don't come around often. Whoever we get to replace him is going to be a huge step down.

Agree, im sure bozo will help he is true manly legend with nothing but good intentions.

From here I think we have to chase as a damaging Forward pack as we can. Halves don't like playing behind a dominated forward pack but forwards don't care who there halves are they just want to tear in. Sign a couple good props probably one more quality back rower they can be the focus of our team for the next 1 or 2 years let them make a name for themselves then the halves will come.
I don't mind this idea. Imagine getting 2 quality forwards, as an example say Myles and Aaron Woods. And then you have a backline of Snake, Turbo, Hiku, Matai, Gutherson, Killer and young Travers at 7. Suddenly the team on paper looks a lot stronger.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8