Which round will Trent be fired?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Roughly how long will Trent Barrett last???

• 1-5 weeks and he's gone. Bad start Like 2016 no longer acceptable

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 6-10 weeks then it's back to the hairdressers

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • 11-15 weeks until he joins me in the Centrelink queue

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 16-20 weeks before he coaches Uzbekistan Rugby League

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 21-26 weeks - not making the finals two years in a row is unacceptable

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Finals footy! He made it and will be allowed to stay!

Votes: 67 59.8%

• Total voters
2017 Manly scrape into the top 8 on for and against, win week one and bow out week 2 by 4 point's.
2018 Myles and Brown move to Catalan's, Manly recruit an international forward who leads them to an unexpected Grand Final WIN! TB and Bozo are lauded as heroes, as Darcy Lussic wins the CCM.

I'll back him to make the finals.
Needs more luck than last year and to be able to do it his way though.
I think Green will make a big difference.
Let's hope so.

He might not get speared, there's always the regretful resignation due to "family reasons" to save face

Thread is a tongue in cheek jibe at the Barrett Haters & Death Riders Club (or should that be Coach UNderestimators Team abr. C**Ts). Should be obvious in the initial post.

It's turning quite positive as most bets are that he makes the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is a tongue in cheek jibe at the Barrett Haters & Death Riders Club (or should that be Coach UNderestimators Team abr. C**Ts). Should be obvious in the initial post.

It's turning quite positive as most bets are that he makes the season.
I knew that was the point and I have no issue with people having their say about it. I still think Barrett was a bad choice for our club, but I have realised that for my own sanity I need to get over it and just let him get on with whatever it is he is doing. I don't have a problem with people either supporting him or disliking him, that is their free choice.

I knew that was the point and I have no issue with people having their say about it. I still think Barrett was a bad choice for our club, but I have realised that for my own sanity I need to get over it and just let him get on with whatever it is he is doing. I don't have a problem with people either supporting him or disliking him, that is their free choice.
Def not first choice ( Cleary would have been mine), but agree , let him get on with it, if we have a normal run of injuries this season AND run 15th, then st the end of the season he deserves to go.

But this talk about being sacked after 5 rounds, or 9 rounds is crap.........well at least I think it is!!

Some so called Manly supporters should just give it up............this crap about Barrett & Brown & Myles & 99% of the rest of the team has become boring garbage!!

Apparently I'm the most negative bastard going around in the world according to some on here, but I think that there are so many positive signs (almost improved in every position given vacancies and injuries last season).

I hope Barrett kills it, makes the finals this season (happy with 6th - 8th), gets extended. People have to face it, the bloke is maroon and white now. Look at the passion he brings, and how he wears his heart on his sleeve (even in 9's and trials).

I actually think we are going to also see progression across the board with our youngsters this season under Barrett. So far, I've seen AFB, Turbo 1 & 2, and from what I've already seen this season (Walker - even his size) all progressing and improving.

A lot of negativity going around, even before a ball is kicked. If we beat Parra round one (I'm praying we do), I hope people can get on board with some positivity.

Apparently I'm the most negative bastard going around in the world according to some on here, but I think that there are so many positive signs (almost improved in every position given vacancies and injuries last season).

I hope Barrett kills it, makes the finals this season (happy with 6th - 8th), gets extended. People have to face it, the bloke is maroon and white now. Look at the passion he brings, and how he wears his heart on his sleeve (even in 9's and trials).

I actually think we are going to also see progression across the board with our youngsters this season under Barrett. So far, I've seen AFB, Turbo 1 & 2, and from what I've already seen this season (Walker - even his size) all progressing and improving.

A lot of negativity going around, even before a ball is kicked. If we beat Parra round one (I'm praying we do), I hope people can get on board with some positivity.

Mate a round 1 victory would be extra sweet.....and I do mean extra!

Barrett settled as Manly coach

TRENT Barrett says he feels a lot more settled at Manly after one season there and is preparing for the start of a new era following the retirements of several star players.

It was a tumultuous first season for Barrett as Manly coach, with the club having been criticised for giving favourite son Geoff Toovey his marching orders and then injuries putting the team on the back foot through the early rounds.

The Sea Eagles never really recovered and finished 13th and they enter this season with Jamie Lyon, Brett Stewart and Steve Matai all having retired.

“I’m a lot more settled this time around,” Barrett says. “Last year, I don’t mind saying, was a difficult year. I came into a club that was going through a fair bit of change.

“We’ve had a huge turnover of players and the end of an era, so to speak. The club has been so dominant for such a long time and all these players have retired now, so we’re starting again.

“Last year we had some big decisions to make, not just on the field but in and around our roster and how we were doing things off the field at training, and 12 months in it’s certainly a lot more stable than it was last year and I’m expecting to see those results come through on the field.”

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/barrett-settled-manly-coach/

Must admit I'm warming to Twenty, much like @Ryan I can see that he has some passion for our club, and think that might start to show with the players as well.

I'm not yet spending my Lottoland winnings, but I'm sure at buying the ticket stage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8