Whistle Blower Josh Perry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
lsz said:
If it is true, if, then you would have have to be kidding to think it was only Perry

Are you hoping its others as well

Hang on, all LSZ said was it would be naïve to think it was only offered to one player. That's a completely reasonable statement given the circumstances.

BE, I get the impression from some of the posters on here that they won't be satisfied until one or more of our players go down.

Perhaps they are just pessimists.

eagles2win said:
****s getting weird something that Steve Mascord retweeted this from Mike Newton :
Just spent an hour on the phone with Josh Perry he was never offered anything illegal by MDRLFC including Mr Dank

Maybe they put out false rumours, and they tap the phones of Josh Perry and other Manly players and see what conversations take place. They probably assume some of the players will call Josh after reading what he allegedly said.

bones said:
eagles2win said:
****s getting weird something that Steve Mascord retweeted this from Mike Newton :
Just spent an hour on the phone with Josh Perry he was never offered anything illegal by MDRLFC including Mr Dank

Maybe they put out false rumours, and they tap the phones of Josh Perry and other Manly players and see what conversations take place. They probably assume some of the players will call Josh after reading what he allegedly said.

As I just said in post #40?

It amazes me that ASADA doesn't tell us or anyone anything yet the telegraph and guys like weilder and the mole etc claim to have this inside knowledge of the facts.....

joeboy said:
That's weird... Who is mike Newton and what's his twitter, google search bought up a few, but none of them him.?

How many rumours, stories, sources have been named or suggested, only to be contradicted hours later..

This is truly the strangest sequence of events I've ever come across.

No one, not even asada, seem to know what they are looking for or what the truth is.

Gross negligence announcing "the blackest day in Australian sport" some weeks ago.. What exactly have we learnt, beyond a a shadow of a doubt, since then.?

Surely heads a gotta roll. You just can't go around defaming, denouncing and destabilising clubs for the sake of it.

@bomber199 is his twitter handle.

Whistle blower hey, so when does Josh do his first game? For the record I think he will make a great referee

RL Gronk said:
Whistle blower hey, so when does Josh do his first game? For the record I think he will make a great referee

Don't be silly Grant.... He is going to be a paper-boy.

bones said:
RL Gronk said:

Don't be silly Grant.... He is going to be a paper-boy.

This year we all start equal.
Kids paint signs.
And I am seven again.
I know I will see my heroes soon.
I feel the excitement.
I have hope in March,
and I might share the glory in September.
Blow that whistle ref!
Send that ball soaring!
Blow that whistle ref!

Yes there is that negative vibe amongst some people - I would like to think they dont really want players to 'go down' specifically. You get the impression its more a desire to post a big "see I told you so" if and when more bad news comes.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
That is ridiculous Ralphie, I'm sure no Manly supporter wants to see any of our players go down. This is a tough time for fans but no need to turn on each other.

There is a popular view that the whole drugs inquiry is a political beat-up, or a conspiracy of some sort, or a witch-hunt, and there is no 'hard' evidence, or there is only insufficient evidence.

Given that ASADA doesn't make any of its evidence publicly available while an investigation is still in progress, it's impressive that some people are convinced they know what the evidence is so far, let alone what evidence is still to come out.

Just because some of us prefer to wait to see what unfolds before declaring the whole exercise a farce does not mean we are hoping for a bad outcome.

This appears to be the issue between many of us here, during our debates on the matter.

I don't think there is a single person that sees the investigation as some sort of political beat-up. It was running along for 12 months on the quiet as the likes of the ACC and ASADA put together an enormous case involving all sort of goings-ons in Australian sport.

The issue is that after 12 months of investigation, this operation is blasted out to the public with stories of serious allegations aimed squarely at sport in the country. We all sat back and listened. And waited. And waited.

So after a full year of investigation, it would appear that not enough evidence was yet found to starting the widespread charging of players/clubs under ASADA rules. Not a single player could be nailed or convinced in interviews with ASADA to 'give themselves up' for leniency.

It is such a serious investigation that barely a dozen ASADA people were initially involved to persue the Sharks (and now Manly) and looking to make deals to find out guilty parties.

What of all the other element from that release? The match-fixing?

So 'no', SER8. The issue isn't with the investigation that was carried out for 12 months; it's the mess left behind after it was trumpted as being on the verge of something big in Australian sport, only to show itself to this point as being woefully inadequate and ill-prepared in backing up the rhetoric of that day.

Now the telecrap are leading with this

Manly players were injected with calves blood at former player Josh Perry's northern beaches home. Details on Tele website soon #NRL

Hamster Huey said:
... it would appear that not enough evidence was yet found to ...

This is exactly the point SER8 is making.

You can only say "it would appear ...".

What is the difference between appearance and fact?
What is the difference between belief and knowledge?
Do you have appearance or fact? Belief or knowledge?

What SER is saying on these crucial issues - and you know he is right - is that you only have appearances and beliefs, not facts or knowledge. If so, the choices are to shoot from the hip or to wait for the facts to emerge.

apparently there will be a press conference at 1.30

just caught the end of foxsports talking to Tooves,he said he isnt aware of any players injecting themselves with calves blood at Perry,he seemed relaxed,and not stressed

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ROxmvoiDsSg
Is that what Josh was doing? Blow my whistle!

Slightly off topic,but relevant to the "political beat-up" aspect.Yesterday in parliament,gillard was speaking,and saying that she wouldn't be intervening,or speeding up any asada investigations,because she didn't want the whole thing becoming political......THEN WHAT THE HELL DOES SHE CALL THE PRESS CONFERENCE WITH LUNDY AND CLAIR,BRINGING THE WHOLE MATTER OUT IN THE OPEN???!!!!What a clown!!If that wasn't political,I don't know what is!!

master blaster said:

just caught the end of foxsports talking to Tooves,he said he isnt aware of any players injecting themselves with calves blood at Perry,she seemed relaxed,and not stressed

Who is she? And where is Perry?

ayjay007 said:
Slightly off topic,but relevant to the "political beat-up" aspect.Yesterday in parliament,gillard was speaking,and saying that she wouldn't be intervening,or speeding up any asada investigations,because she didn't want the whole thing becoming political......THEN WHAT THE HELL DOES SHE CALL THE PRESS CONFERENCE WITH LUNDY AND CLAIR,BRINGING THE WHOLE MATTER OUT IN THE OPEN???!!!!What a clown!!If that wasn't political,I don't know what is!!

Mate I can see this lasting for years. Considering the blackest day in sport allegations and what looks likely to be an over statement of epic proportions, no doubt at some time there will be a massive costly review process that will call for the sacking of seniors agents. Knowing this already I say these very senior agents will be feet dragging like no other. I expect the asda workforce to have a record year of sickies ( a nasty bug that spreads like wildfire) and unplanned leave as they try to use up there entitlements. I also expect more than 1 officer to change employment mid investigation while they still have a hint of a reputation

This could stage out longer than home and way

bones said:
master blaster said:

just caught the end of foxsports talking to Tooves,he said he isnt aware of any players injecting themselves with calves blood at Perry,she seemed relaxed,and not stressed

Who is she? And where is Perry?

sorry Bones,I meant he was relaxed,meaning Tooves,how the F...k would I know where Perry is,lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6