Who could replace Des?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ill throw a smokey ,that may elicit a quelle horreur !!! from some

Brett Fulton come on down !!!!

1615779024599.png

Rafferty

Mug punter
Why not throw open the job publicly and see who wants the job, short list the candidates, their credentials, their desire to do the job.
I would love to think we could lure someone like cameron smith to the club, he would be perfect in every way, a proven winner, a footballer with total knowledge of the game the system and what it takes to succeed, Bellamy has rated him his whole career as both a player and an on field coach, his someone the players would respect, listen to, look up to and respond to, he needs no apprenticeship, it would be a blessing from above and worth every penny it would take, if only, why not make the offer in any case, it’s a case of nothing to lose and everything to gain, while we’re at it why not tell him he can throw the number 9 back on if he wishes and can become the first modern day captain coach in the NRL, just another bench Mark achievement to add to his all conquering list, would also solve our problem at 9.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I remember the good old days of yore .. was it only 2 years ago ...

That every post started with those wonderful words full of optimism and hope, dare I whisper them again? .. " Now that we have a good coach" ...

And every post included the mandatory acknowledgement that now that we had a good coach he would instill some grit and resolve back into the team ... and let's not forget that Dessie is noted for his defense, and he would stop this point leaking crap toot sweet ...

And let's not forget that, .. now that we have a good coach he will get the best out of these under performing players ... he is noted for it they cried ...

Was it only 2 years ago ... “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.”

Has Dessie forgotten how to coach ... or are the generation z or m or whatever, just not listening ?

Proud member of the PPC since September 2018

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
The answer should be the best person available but that is not how the cheapskate ownership works. **** even Barrett could have worked out if the club supported him like any normal organisation would have instead of a) being a complete ****ing shambles and b) immediately started whiteanting him. There were actual glimpses of hope there that second year before it all went to ****.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Nope, I was gutted to think we could forgive him and Give him a second chance, it was always going to end this way, he wrecked us when he left, he messed up the dogs delux, not that that bothers me much, but him being back hear and destroying the place is killing me, this only a manly BS is half the problem, the culture behind that needs a good kick up the you know what.
Maybe he hasn’t forgotten how to coach, maybe no one wants to be coached by him any more, sure seems that way, his legacy is not looking good.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Could we retire DCE into the role and hire him a decent assistant. Even if des is replaced DCE will continue to haunt the team

For years ive been calling him coachkiller, the new hayne plane

Tomay

Bencher
Neil Henry would be my choice. Built the Cowboys up before their run and got ousted for being on the right side against Jarryd Hayne. He was doing good things at the Titans and Canberra before they went backwards after he left. He is a great tactician on both sides of the ball and gets the most out of underperforming players. For mine he is the unluckiest coach in recent NRL history.

My heart would love Tooves to come back but with the way the squad is at the moment I think he'd be thrown to the wolves and I'd hate to see that for him.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

That every post started with those wonderful words full of optimism and hope, dare I whisper them again? .. " Now that we have a good coach" ...

And every post included the mandatory acknowledgement that now that we had a good coach he would instill some grit and resolve back into the team ... and let's not forget that Dessie is noted for his defense, and he would stop this point leaking crap toot sweet ...

And let's not forget that, .. now that we have a good coach he will get the best out of these under performing players ... he is noted for it they cried ...

Was it only 2 years ago ... “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.”

Has Dessie forgotten how to coach ... or are the generation z or m or whatever, just not listening ?

Ive read the boards for years so i understand your point . But im not going there, but what i will say is that we all know coaches get kicked in the scrote due to players far too often

barrett will be judged over the next couple of years for his coaching . Des is being judged now but the players are hamming it up . If out top players dont give a massive performance for there coach this week, its piss poor and we should not see them as players with integrity.They didnt do it for barret either

Have a think back to a time when barrett made finding the line the priority at manly. At the time he was on the ropes and looking for hope. Some of the efforts from our kicker were childish .

You know those little kicks players do when they are 8m out, get a penalty and kick backwards 2 m to find touch. The effort involved. Our kicker was doing this on our side of halfway on 5th and finding 6m but he was following the coaches directions to a T

Barret copped a flogging on here but the team he stood up for and his halfback delivered the knock out blow.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Could we retire DCE into the role and hire him a decent assistant. Even if des is replaced DCE will continue to haunt the team

Oh please, you've rarely mentioned his name. I'm surprised you can spell DCE he is that far under your radar ;-)

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Ive read the boards for years so i understand your point . But im not going there, but what i will say is that we all know coaches get kicked in the scrote due to players far too often

barrett will be judged over the next couple of years for his coaching . Des is being judged now but the players are hamming it up . If out top players dont give a massive performance for there coach this week, its piss poor and we should not see them as players with integrity.They didnt do it for barret either

Have a think back to a time when barrett made finding the line the priority at manly. At the time he was on the ropes and looking for hope. Some of the efforts from our kicker were childish .

You know those little kicks players do when they are 8m out, get a penalty and kick backwards 2 m to find touch. The effort involved. Our kicker was doing this on our side of halfway on 5th and finding 6m but he was following the coaches directions to a T

Barret copped a flogging on here but the team he stood up for and his halfback delivered the knock out blow.

All of the above ... my main point was this ..

“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.”

You can have all the ducks in a row ... and still things can go to shiite in a hand basket ..

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"

If you can say, "It's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht",
Then yer a'richt, ye ken.

susan

Bencher
Neil Henry would be my choice. Built the Cowboys up before their run and got ousted for being on the right side against Jarryd Hayne. He was doing good things at the Titans and Canberra before they went backwards after he left. He is a great tactician on both sides of the ball and gets the most out of underperforming players. For mine he is the unluckiest coach in recent NRL history.

My heart would love Tooves to come back but with the way the squad is at the moment I think he'd be thrown to the wolves and I'd hate to see that for him.
This

Neil is a good man and underrated. Had the Titans on the rise until Hayne and basically coached the Maroons.

You may well be onto something here!
We could follow the model of other organisations and PROMOTE DCE to coach ;)
and then send him on a fact finding tour whilst his assistant looks after things here.........

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14