Who could replace Des?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I can’t see Des changing and if we finish at the bottom of the table or bear bottom that will not be tolerated and sides will be shown the door. I expect the board will start looking around.

Kevin is available, and I'll take @Mark from Brisbane to be my #thisweek media man, @Ryan as my innovative team selector, @BOZO to be my fitness and mind coach, @The better Robbo as my assistant so that we can pick his brothers brain and receive a fair go at the judiciary, the kid who raced Turbo on the Corso as my sprint coach, @susan to be my contract negotiator, @Snake to feed you lot dribs and drabs, @manlyfan76 and @frank stokes to provide a counter perspective, @Woodsie to be my ball boy, and @Eagle of London to ensure that I always look my best when on camera.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, @Bring back the.... Biff? gets a spot as the team mascot and chaplain.

I'm in !! My ideas: Reset cap some-what, build speed, size and aggression.

• DCE to Broncos for Kotoni Staggs
  • Moses Suli to Dragons (released)
  • Marty Taupau to Warriors, Sharks or Tigers
  • Brad Parker - unsigned
  • Reuben Garrick - unsigned
  • Acquire Nathan Brown, Adam Reynolds, Daniel Tupou, David Klemmer, Issac Liu
  • Extend Walker for ONE year
  • Move Jake to prop - told to play as such
  • Tevita Funa - unsigned
  • Shop Tom Trbojevic around, and sign Nicho Hynes
  • Sironen - unsigned
  • Jack Gosi - unsigned
  • Keiran Foran - unsigned
  • Harper and Cust want to go? Bye bye
EDITED:
01. Nicho Hynes
02. Jason Saab
03. Kotoni Staggs
04. Dylan Walker
05. Daniel Tupou
06. Josh Schuster
07. Adam Reynolds (goal kicker)
08. David Klemmer
09. Manase Fainu
10. Jake Trbojevic (captain)
11. Andrew Davey
12. Isaac Liu
13. Nathan Brown

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

• One of the top halves pairings in the league
  • Proven goal kicker
  • Masses of cap space created (to fill the 5, 16 & 17) with very good players (or younger players coming through).
  • I want players who can actually take the field
Move over Scott Fulton, Crusher, Des and whatever other recruitment person there is at the club at present. Let's get a real team on the park.

Targets for 5: Daniel Tupou or Blake Ferguson
Targets for 16: David Klemmer (would be in the starting side) - Paseka to bench
Targets for 17: Isaac Liu (would be in the starting side) - Haumole to bench

Last edited:
Who would replace Des is an interesting question ... another one, and equally relevant is ... who would Penn be prepared to pay for ...

I believe Dessie was on close to a million at Bulldogs .. (round figures) .. but settled for less than 500k to get the Manly gig .. we know Barrett was on about $350k ...

Bennett and Bellamy will easily want a million plus ...

They reckon Flannigan will take any offer just to get a coaching gig again ..

But how much will Penn want to stump up if he wants to replace Dessie ??? .. Will he open the cheque book or go the budget route ..

But how much will Penn want to stump up if he wants to replace Dessie ??? .. Will he open the cheque book or go the budget route ..

You have to spend money to make money.
Easy to say as it's not my money.

If Des is on $500,000 than offer Craig Bellamy or Trent Robinson $1,000,000+
Players apparently want to play for these blokes at a reduced value contract as they are proven winners.
Players would want to play at Manly which would have us constantly in the top 4 and playing regularly in the grand final.
This would attract more sponsors at higher values which would cover the extra cost.

A millionaire owner isn't enough these days, we need a billionaire to write the cheques to get the ball rolling.

Think the point that Jib / james correctly seems to make regarding D C E is that on his pay grade and portion of the cap he takes up , he really should be producing 7 .5 or 8 + rated games on a regular basis or offering the game management that again warrants his contract value . Why even attempt a low percentage kick on the 2 nd tackle when even if Teddy touched the ball before going into touch , a line drop out and having to bring the ball back from 50 meters or so and compared with on that 2 nd tackle and the Roosters defence retreating a bit , the reasonable attacking position on offer . Really do not go along with the take comparing him with Hunt , milford , e t c , they are overpaid as well on overall performances . If he is the highest paid player in the N R L he again should be offering the consistent level of form to justify it .
Bizarre interview on Channel 7 with DCE tonight.

Thankfully Foran was more sober. Two-Dads on the other hand sounded like he was high on something.

Who would replace Des is an interesting question ... another one, and equally relevant is ... who would Penn be prepared to pay for ...

I believe Dessie was on close to a million at Bulldogs .. (round figures) .. but settled for less than 500k to get the Manly gig .. we know Barrett was on about $350k ...

Bennett and Bellamy will easily want a million plus ...

They reckon Flannigan will take any offer just to get a coaching gig again ..

They are saying this is his last coaching gig and he will have a roll in the front office post coaching..

Could you imagine ST if Scam Smith was appointed to replace Hasler? I get a giggle just thinking about it lol

And there would be straight up blood letting the first time he lost back-to-back games...
Mate the wrist slitting would start the moment if ever (never) he
got the gig.

(Bad Franky, naughty, into the corner for you, just for having that thought :sick:).

Kind of looks like me after a big night
Yeah, I was going to write something disparaging about him initially, and a little voice in my head said, you’ve been there many times yourself you hypocrite. Plus, at least he‘s got the class to not be drinking boxed wine. That’s gotta count, surely.

Des needs a new coaching philosophy....

15428_adequately  majorgeeks.jpg

Shane Flanagan has followed the Manly step by step guide to success better than any Coaches of the Sea Eagles during the last decade.

PS And Brad Arthur is still looked upon fondly by some.

I just read a story on NRL.com praising DESpicable for being loyal to his players. Quoting one relevant section:
And with all that’s unfolded at Manly in the past week, loyalty is needed more than ever at Brookvale. In the wake of the 46-4 drubbing at the hands of the Roosters, Hasler could have been forgiven for putting a broom through the starting 13 ahead of a round two showdown with South Sydney. Instead, he made just one change, with Andrew Davey coming in for Jack Gosiewski. . . .
What this idiotic 'reporter' fails to grasp is that Manly was thrashed largely because of DESpicable's selection for the Easts match. Virtually all of us were horrified with him selecting Walker at fullback, retaining Parker, Croker, Lance and Sir Loin, and with shunning Schuster. We all knew they were dud selections, and that we had better options than them.
Yet this week his ego has again shown he is incapable of admitting he made mistakes and he's doubled down on them.
Note to reporter: You have confused 'Loyality' with 'Pig-headedness'.

Unless there are a host of changes next match we'll get thrashed again. We have nothing to lose. We've reached the bottom. Is it 10, 11 or 12 games we've lost in a row now?
And to think some of you think we will be in the top 8. Lmao. We can't even defend and haven't been able to for years now. Can't attack either. We'll be lucky not to get the spoon this year.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10