Who do we bring in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We need to swap Tom Turbo for Dylan Edwards. That would be as good as an extra million in Salary cap not sidelined most of the time.

I’ve said
We were robbed in that semi against South's, not to mention that we also lost Turbo for the rest of the season
I’ve said many times we could have made the GF that year or even won it had Turbo been fit. The refs robbed us against souths and we had beaten Canberra twice already that year.

Interesting the talk around bringing in Penrith players as the panacea. Maybe the Bulldogs chose the wrong ones? Interesting to see if their raids that have continued will be successful next year.

They have even tried ex Penrith Assistants with little to no success. More importantly, you would expect that recruiting their man in charge of football would have been the answer.

The only team successful since he moved has been the Panthers. They have even won with the assistants seemingly moving on each season. So what is the formula? Bellamy seems to have it at Melbourne, Cleary seems to have it, Des may have had it may still, Wayne Bennett certainly had something even Trent may have it. Webster at the Warriors may be developing it.

I know that we have raided the Tigers, but their biggest loss was letting Ivan go when they had him. He may have eventually brought in Nathan and some of his mates who would have gone cheap at the time, sure they would have lost Moses and Brooks and some others, interesting hypothetical.

So what is that missing piece? Just maybe it is self confidence and arrogance. It certainly can't be just the team spirit. At times we have appeared as one of the most united squads.

I am not sure bringing all or any of those players in will have as much of an influence as having a fit and firing Turbo.

My bet is that success comes from astute leadership off the park. Maybe Mestrov is the answer, we have seen some change with him at the helm, most of which Silvertails have not agreed with. But we have seen a major changing of the guard.

I live in hope and optimism

I’ve said

I’ve said many times we could have made the GF that year or even won it had Turbo been fit. The refs robbed us against souths and we had beaten Canberra twice already that year.
Ive yet to see Turbo dominate against a Penrith side...and thats no insult to Turbo, its just the Panthers are just so ahead of every team at the moment.

Last edited:
All we need is a hooker, Schuster to play to his potential, and a half decent run with injuries. Everything else is already in place in my opinion (when Lodge is back).
Not much to ask for then.;)

I think we have a decent hooker, with some good backups. Lodge? That will pan out one way or the other.

Schuster is the ‘joker in the pack’.

Last edited:
Willison from the Broncos or one of the Panthers reserve grade props.
Mamazoulous hooker from rabbits ressies goes alright if we are looking for back-up BUT prefer Gordon to have a run.

There are usually 2 Jokers in a deck, Turbo is our other one.
Actually there are three Jokers feathered friend
I am the third one :)
1696377870277.png

Interesting the talk around bringing in Penrith players as the panacea. Maybe the Bulldogs chose the wrong ones? Interesting to see if their raids that have continued will be successful next year.

They have even tried ex Penrith Assistants with little to no success. More importantly, you would expect that recruiting their man in charge of football would have been the answer.

The only team successful since he moved has been the Panthers. They have even won with the assistants seemingly moving on each season. So what is the formula? Bellamy seems to have it at Melbourne, Cleary seems to have it, Des may have had it may still, Wayne Bennett certainly had something even Trent may have it. Webster at the Warriors may be developing it.

I know that we have raided the Tigers, but their biggest loss was letting Ivan go when they had him. He may have eventually brought in Nathan and some of his mates who would have gone cheap at the time, sure they would have lost Moses and Brooks and some others, interesting hypothetical.

So what is that missing piece? Just maybe it is self confidence and arrogance. It certainly can't be just the team spirit. At times we have appeared as one of the most united squads.

I am not sure bringing all or any of those players in will have as much of an influence as having a fit and firing Turbo.

My bet is that success comes from astute leadership off the park. Maybe Mestrov is the answer, we have seen some change with him at the helm, most of which Silvertails have not agreed with. But we have seen a major changing of the guard.

I live in hope and optimism
You lost me at “ Trent may have it “

Given that there's undoubtedly no cap left, I doubt there's really anyone that we can bring into first grade. We probably just need to be looking at juniors that we can get to invest in the club long term and can be moved up once we move on the overpriced dead weights.
That and some new fitness coaches....and ones not looking to promote their own and mates "latest tech" fitness product or nutritional supplement (our players seem to post a heap of that nonsense on their socials).

Manly have the problem of lacking consistency and power game in their forward pack. This combined with salary problems of paying Schuster 800k and aloai 600k has left the club in trouble. A solution to this would be selling the 2 at a reasonable price for a combination of players that would contribute to the club.

Manly should sell Schuster to Dragons for
  • Schuster wants to play five eight and can't play that here at Manly
  • Schuster can't run a tough inside line like backrowers are suppose to
  • Dragons are lacking creativity in their attack
  • Dragons are lacking halves with only Hunt and Amone (backup half quality)
  • Manly have Ben Turbo who's position is back row and is a growing as a player
  • Shane Flannagan has coached Schuster previously this year so there is connections
  • 450k is reasonable as starting five eight or backrow as he has all the potential
  • Manly will pay the remaining 350k
Manly should sell Aloai to Melbourne storm for 450k, reasons for;
  • At Manly when we full strength he is not in starting team. (See below)
  • He fits the Melbourne culture of hard working and tough
  • Melbourne are lacking front rowers with energy and aggression with ageing forwards especially after loosing bromich brothers and kafusi last year
  • Can really excel under Craig Bellamy for only 450k
  • Has too many errors in his game currently and isn't worth his price
  • Manly will pay remaining 150k

Who Manly should purchase

Manly should purchase Ryan Matterson from Parramatta by enforcing a deal that will create a disconnection with the club and granted a leave

Reasons for purchasing Ryan Matterson to Manly for 700K;
  • Matterson is currently a bench player at Parramatta behind Hopgood at starting lock - he will be entitled starting lock at Manly
  • He will receive a wage increase of 100k from 600k to 700k a season
  • His style of footy suits the Manly style of expansive footy
  • Matterson at lock allows Jake to play Front row as he is loosing his acceleration and attacking threat as he ages
  • He gets to play with his brother at the club
  • He would rather take a 3 game suspension at Parramatta instead of a fine revealing a fracture already in the club for him
  • Him signing to the club actually promotes his brothers position in the pecking order (seen below)
Reasons for purchasing Tepai Moeroa to Manly for 200k;
  • Currently off contract for the 2024 season
  • Provides great depth for Front row rotation for the season
  • Has played under the Storm system so physically and mentally strong
  • Won't be asking for much as currently off contract bench forward with no interest from other clubs
  • If Manly signed tuilangi for 200-250k a season for a starting back rower we can sign Moeroa for 200k
Starting pack without changes
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Lodge
11. Olaka'ata
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Gordy
15. Twall
16. Sipley
17. Burbo

Front row cover - Bullemor, Aloia, James
Second row cover - Burbo start, Dean Matterson bench, Parker

Starting pack after changes
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Olakua'ata
12. Burbo
13. R. Matterson

14. Gordy
15. Twall
16. Lodge
17. D. Matterson (need backrow cover and backs cover during game)

Front row cover - Sipley, Bullemor, Moeroa, James
Back row cover - D. Matterson start, Parker, Bullemor

So although Manly have 1.4 million currently between Schuster and Aloai if we sell them both for 450k and pay out the rest of their contracts we have 900k to spend. That money can be used for the purchase of Ryan Matterson and Tempai Moeroa who will benefit the club more then the two we currently have for 500k less.

The deal is beneficial for all teams apart from Parramata who will be loosing a bench player that will free up cap space for their depleted outside backs.

Keen for the thoughts in the comments

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8