Who is actually to blame ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is actually to blame for us losing games this year ?

• Total voters
For everyone blaming management......

Has it occurred to anyone that the decisions being made, may be being made with a purpose, and end result in mind?

Its all rumour and innuendo.

No one knows sht about exactly what management are doing, but personally, I have no other option other than to have faith in the management team...
I highly doubt Penn put his money in so we could be a sht team, but the proof will be in the pudding I guess.

Manly's had a collectivist culture for as long as could be remembered.

Blame wasn't heard. Negative stories didn't leak. For good or for bad, through good times and bad, all at the club were heading in a single direction. The integrity of Arko was perhaps central to the development of this culture.

Then the Northern Beagles divisions and public slanging took a top of the competition club and plummeted it to the depths of obscurity and near death.

Now we again have players, officials and even our owners pointing the finger of blame - publicly - at others associated with the club.

Toovey understands the importance of this collectivist culture that is part of Manly's DNA. He'll rant on about people outside the club, but when was the last time anyone can remember him publicly blaming someone - anyone - within the club?

The writing is on the wall for Toovey. Perhaps it was as soon as Quantum sold out. And unless others at the club recognise the absolute necessity to act like Toovey does, then I fear for the very future of this fine club.

Seeing as we are playing the blame game, I would also throw in our number 1 ticket holder- 21 years as the member for Warringah, 13 in Government, 1 as PM. During this time hundreds of millions of dollars in Government funding have been thrown around to just about every club in the league except Manly who have only ever recieved a few scraps.

We have been left with a home ground in disrepair and virtually no corporate facilities. In todays world this has seen our club go from being one of the richest clubs in the league to one of the poorest. The only thing that has saved us is our performance on the field over the past decade which has kept the corporate world interested and ensured we have remained a club that players want to come and play.

If we are no longer winning and playing finals football, it will become extremely difficult for us to attract and/or retain the leagues top talent. Most other clubs now have world class dedicated training facilities, training grounds, and stadiums with large corporate facilities. Their local councils understand the importance of the football clubs to their region and support them. Our disfunctional local council couldn't run a chook raffle arguing and eventualy misplacing the money. They would prefer we quietly disapeared.

We are a prime target of the NRL for relocation and if enough money is offered to our owners I think business will be business. Its about time our number one ticket holder as well as his mates in the council and his mate running the State of NSW stepped in and secured our future.

The NRL and Foxtel may run the game and may want us gone but at the moment we supposedly have friends in much higher places. Its time we called in a few favours.

How many times do we have to mow over the same strip of grass ?

For ****'s sake! it's just dirt now isn't it ?

I can't believe I spent all summer waiting for the footy to start again. Now I wish this season would just end.
And for that, I blame Twatmough, Dollar Chequey Evans and Kieran Foreskin.

I feel sorry for Tooves. He has to suck it up and try and work through all this crap. He deserves better.

I've been disappointed for the most part in the effort in all the games so far this year, that being said has there been a game when we've finished with more than 1 fit guy on the bench? Having an outside back go down early in every game is killing the game plan each week then the rotations to our forwards with people falling over is very tough to manage. I was a little annoyed with the going on about the Panthers injury crisis. There's looks like a boo boo and a band aid compared to what we've got and when you add a couple of disinterested halves to that, then I think Tooves is doing a reasonable job, at the very least blaming him for our ills is way out of hand.

I've been disappointed for the most part in the effort in all the games so far this year, that being said has there been a game when we've finished with more than 1 fit guy on the bench? Having an outside back go down early in every game is killing the game plan each week then the rotations to our forwards with people falling over is very tough to manage. I was a little annoyed with the going on about the Panthers injury crisis. There's looks like a boo boo and a band aid compared to what we've got and when you add a couple of disinterested halves to that, then I think Tooves is doing a reasonable job, at the very least blaming him for our ills is way out of hand.

Yet, BOTH of their halves (half their spine) was, and is, OUT. We have supposedly multi-million dollar halves fit and playing. That said, I'm not about to blame Tooves, but wanna keep some perspective.

I've spent the weekend thinking about it. I have paced from room to room. Looked at all the possible evidence, looked at all of the things that have happened and who was there, I have now made my way back to the board room to say that it absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt was

Miss Scarlett
in the
Dressing Room
with the
water bottle

or something more cluedo than that

Well when a team wins the premiership the coaching staff and the players get the credit. So when a team gets the spoon it should be the same. However, in this situation other clubs like Parramatta, Souths, and titans have splintered the player group by poaching Manly's long term players. Injuries have also played big role in losing games this season too.

Miss Scarlett
in the
Dressing Room
with the
water bottle
or something more cluedo than that

They call it "Clue" over here....Clue! Sheesh

Canadians have no cluedo.

It was Rubin Carter.

Friend of mine was amazed at how well dylan's song seemed to fit Carter's life situation.

Annnnd the look of his face post explanation was uber hella funny.

My thoughts as well. The reason for these injuries is our lack of committment in the collision. We are weak, unfit and slow. All comes down to enthusiasm and committment and we have zero.
On the poll I vote for the NRL. Ever since the new Tv rights deal only certain clubs will ever get a shot at the title, only the highest ratings teams.
Vermin,Rorters (only cause of Gyngel Politis), Dogs, Donkeys, Scum Eels, scum Storm, Cows and watch the Knights, Tigers, Warriors, Titans get a leg up. The rest don't rate Sharks,Manly,Raiders,Saints, Panthers.

Jeez you must have a very different view on Tommy T that most of the rest of us. Those puffing cheeks as he sucks the air in before hitting the line are just fooling us big time. Leary soft as standing around in a circle getting jumped on by Willie. He should have charged through toovey and shown him who is boss. Don't even start me on Tafua or BJ and their non existant runs this year, definititly the cause and that powder puff Mateo, what were people thinking viting him in the MVP 2 weeks in a row. We have that centre who has never run hard in his life and gives zero each time he hits it up in Matai and finally that soft running at training taking out the fullback as well.

Sorry but there are at least 7 exceptions to your rule

This is what I see from the results of the poll thus far.

If you were to lump Penn & Zorba into the same boat (management) then the votes combined equal just over 37% and is the prime cause that most people slate this all home to.

Next up is Injuries with just over 28%

Next so far is Quantum with 10% which is what some people identify as causing the start of our problems

Interestingly, even if you lump Foz & Chez together (as players) the votes combined only total 6%, so most here dont rate their play or signing elsewhere as the cause.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6