Who is actually to blame ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is actually to blame for us losing games this year ?

• Total voters
This is what I see from the results of the poll thus far.

If you were to lump Penn & Zorba into the same boat (management) then the votes combined equal just over 37% and is the prime cause that most people slate this all home to.

Next up is Injuries with just over 28%

Next so far is Quantum with 10% which is what some people identify as causing the start of our problems

Interestingly, even if you lump Foz & Chez together (as players) the votes combined only total 6%, so most here dont rate their play or signing elsewhere as the cause.
I think people are looking at the macro cause and assuming that Foran and DCE would probably have re-signed had it not been for the drama engulfing the club; I tend to agree.

I believe Foran would still be here next year, had we offered Gifty a contract, and I tend to think DCE would not be so willing to move states and play for another club had he not been made a scapegoat by the media and certain sections of the playing group. I also believe we could have kept Gifty and DCE and stayed under the cap; we didn't really need to keep Hiku on the reported money. He was fielding big offers elsewhere so he didn't come cheap, and we have plenty of outside backs even with the injuries we've suffered.

It really is a combination.. We have got a lot of players injured, we've lost Foz and DCE plus lost Giffy & Choc but they left last year and yeah it may be because they weren't re signed but in my honest opinion I believe Choc left because he truly wasn't happy that his contract wasn't going to be extended the length he wanted and Gifty was injured a lot of last year. Thanks to whoever at Souths has turned him around but he looks great and happy playing there.
The current mess me are in is the board, CEO, and owners and that is a fact!
It is a mess what is happening at the club on and off the field. Toovey must struggle each day even getting out of bed knowing he is trying to coach a group of boys and constantly being watched and hounded from powers above... Let him get on with what he knows best (footy) and they should but out and get on with trying to fix the mess they have us in.

They've only had 1 board meeting in over 3 months. How about they call another to sort this out, how about they face the fans and tell us what is happening and what direction they are trying to take us in, tell us who they are trying to sign before we lose more players then a lot of anxiety from the players, coaching staff and us the fans will be at ease.

Like tonight on fox... Joe Kelly's interview... Now the man is angry it was filmed!! Honestly is you were talking the truth why get angry? He says Toovey is safe, the next day Penn's says he is hanging by a thread... Just TELL us the truth and stop lying!

I think people are looking at the macro cause and assuming that Foran and DCE would probably have re-signed had it not been for the drama engulfing the club; I tend to agree.

I believe Foran would still be here next year, had we offered Gifty a contract, and I tend to think DCE would not be so willing to move states and play for another club had he not been made a scapegoat by the media and certain sections of the playing group. I also believe we could have kept Gifty and DCE and stayed under the cap; we didn't really need to keep Hiku on the reported money. He was fielding big offers elsewhere so he didn't come cheap, and we have plenty of outside backs even with the injuries we've suffered.
Maybe we didn't need hiku or buhrer or Jorge. I rate all but may have been better to keep dce foran gift and choc on the coin we had for those three.

If you believe the old line "if things aren't going well in the front office, then things won't go well on the field", then look no further than the Football Club.
The Penns finally unified the board room and eliminated the power struggle that's been tearing the place apart from years, and now for whatever reason (let's assume spite over not backing the Penns through the boardroom battle) the Football Club is openly and somewhat underhandedly opposing everything the board is trying to achieve.
I am so tired of all these different factions telling us repeatedly how much they love Manly yet continually doing everything they can to derail the direction of the club.

.. now for whatever reason (let's assume spite over not backing the Penns through the boardroom battle) the Football Club is openly and somewhat underhandedly opposing everything the board is trying to achieve.
I am so tired of all these different factions telling us repeatedly how much they love Manly yet continually doing everything they can to derail the direction of the club.
Ridiculous comment, the 5/7 votes carry EVERY decision, so the FC has ZERO sway in any decision :cool:
The Penns have 100% control of all things Manly Sea Eagles

If you believe the old line "if things aren't going well in the front office, then things won't go well on the field", then look no further than the Football Club.
The Penns finally unified the board room and eliminated the power struggle that's been tearing the place apart from years, and now for whatever reason (let's assume spite over not backing the Penns through the boardroom battle) the Football Club is openly and somewhat underhandedly opposing everything the board is trying to achieve.

The Footy Club is the ONLY entity keeping the team playing at Brookie and still being the MWSE.
You call it "derailing".
I call it "club saving"
Unless you want us to be playing out of Gosford/SFS and being known as the Central Coast Penneagles

The Footy Club is the ONLY entity keeping the team playing at Brookie and still being the MWSE.
You call it "derailing".
I call it "club saving"
Unless you want us to be playing out of Gosford/SFS and being known as the Central Coast Penneagles
I don't think anyone truly knows what any of the entities involved really want for the club.
It is really all just assumption and speculation at best.
Despite all that I really do find it hard to believe the Penns motive is to destroy something they have poured millions of dollars into.

Yes, the Penns have poured millions in.
We would be playing away from Brookie in a heartbeat if that was an option, so pouring more millions in wasnt neccessary.

The FC is the only entity at board level that controls that option.

@Sundance I know that the Penns love Manly, as I see them at every game as happy as any Fan when we win.

No one is suggesting that they deliberately want to destroy Manly.
Our concern is that they have no NRL Administration, let alone Player skill identification skill.

Treating any sporting franchise as just another business does not work.
Fans financially support their Team purely for an emotional return - its is not a necessity of life - it is how we choose our discretionary expenditure.@:cool:

So an administrative person, who tinkers with something that has literally been loved for generations, will be frowned upon. Fans left in droves with Super League and have never returned.:cool:

That's why getting Bozo officially on board makes sense to appease the emotionally biased Fans. We remember him as someone who advanced our Club on and off the field :inlove:

Looking at the numbers of who voted for what and how widespread everything was. Good chance most of us are wrong

Seriously can we all just move on,instead of blaming anyone,can we as manly fans put all those differences aside and fully back our new coach and staff and move forward,come on we are manly the greatest club in the world .eagles 4 everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Look,
Gifty had to go!
Simple, injuries and age. No one can play forever. None of our greats from 20 years ago are still playing. Even Cliffy and Beaver, as much as I admire everything they did just couldn't stay forever.
Was the Gifty departure handled well? Not on your sweet bippy!

Todd.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6