Who should we buy for next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What do you base him wanting to leave on? Considering he re-signed last august after bennett announced he was gone.

takairangi can play second row and he has a lot, if anything its his prefered position. Standing at 194cm and 108kg hes a massive centre, and is off contract. Him or Beau Scott for second row i think at manly.
People forget how we turn average players into very very good players, or good players into great players..
And yeh, tom burgess will cost more than 400k but does it matter? we'll have a good 1.5m to spend at the least
Why do we need 2nd rowers? We have some great and upcoming players in the back row positions!

beau scott is under contract until the end of 2017..............and he's rubbish
I disagree, Beau Scott isn't rubbish. He wouldn't be brought to set the place alight and win games. He would come to harden up our defence, add mongrel and intimidation back to our pack and bring some experience. Not every player needs to be a match winner, but play a role in a bigger plan, and I think he could fill that role at Manly.

As for his contract - he has a get-out clause, which the rumour is he might use at the end of the year (but who knows, papers could just be tossing).

I disagree, Beau Scott isn't rubbish. He wouldn't be brought to set the place alight and win games. He would come to harden up our defence, add mongrel and intimidation back to our pack and bring some experience. Not every player needs to be a match winner, but play a role in a bigger plan, and I think he could fill that role at Manly.

As for his contract - he has a get-out clause, which the rumour is he might use at the end of the year (but who knows, papers could just be tossing).
Spot on there Pjayz.

Never saw a game of Northern Eagles, but my understanding is he was a forward with shoulder problems.

Not a pivot with knee problems like Hodko is.

With the way recruitment has gone this year, we are in the dark as Fans.o_O

Today's news is carrying a story that Beau Scott has a 'get a clause' and wants to move back to Sydney. Now he is the type of mongrel we need to get the forwards moving @:cool:
Kennedy was one of my favourite Eagles players ..... he really got us going after the dark times. Awesome player with huge passion.

I just have never rated him for the money he has been on. He's a Wayne favorite. He's like a poor mans choc. As in he doesn't have the attack he just has mongrel. Yet he's paid like Choc.

He's like mick ennis and Ben creagh combined. He has the ball running and attack of Ben creagh with the mongrel of ennis and paid like an origin second rower. Thoroughly average. And he's 30.

Ps if the dragons are bidding im not bidding against them. They're desperate and stupid

Sika Manu is a better, cheaper option that adds starch and can take hit ups

If we bought someone like a Maloney he would be a handy body guard (even for a young half)/ someone to do the tackling

If we bought someone like a Maloney he would be a handy body guard (even for a young half)/ someone to do the tackling
Lewis Brown is another cheaper, younger, fitter version of Beau Scott. He is also off contract.

Are eels fans trolling because they are mad we think Foran is not worth the 1.2 mill? Or is it because he is Travis Burns 2.0 and has the creativity of Alan Tongue?

Anyway Maloney, Burgess and Elgey would be mint. I didn't know Brown was off contract - he would be a great backrow prospect

Loving the quality of player that the club is being linked with after losing four international class players in the last six months. It makes me want to become a member I can't wait.
MjAxMy1jZTdlYjY0NzFlZTFkYzJk.png

If you're a manly fan for real don't start your first post highly negative. otherwise scurry back under your bridge troll

Can hodges kick in general play?
A fast attacking hooker who can kick would be good for the 10 min either side of half time.

As for the halves conumdrum have several big forwards to punch it up each set and a half like littlejohn to kick for the winger 4/5 times.

brown and manu would be great options to look at as well, i agree. a back row or brown, burher and mateo would be very solid

It's always a good idea to keep money aside to pick up cheap buys mid-season. The Dogs and the Storm have done this in the past, taking disgruntled players and having their former club pay them to leave. Koraviti, Perrett, Inu are three I can think of.

I just have never rated him for the money he has been on. He's a Wayne favorite. He's like a poor mans choc. As in he doesn't have the attack he just has mongrel. Yet he's paid like Choc.

He's like mick ennis and Ben creagh combined. He has the ball running and attack of Ben creagh with the mongrel of ennis and paid like an origin second rower. Thoroughly average. And he's 30.

Ps if the dragons are bidding im not bidding against them. They're desperate and stupid

Sika Manu is a better, cheaper option that adds starch and can take hit ups

I agree with your previous post about people posting completely unrealistic signings but I think you're wrong here. Beau Scott would be up there as one of the best defenders in the game, he's frequently one of the knights best players, and always turns up for origin does a good job on closing down Inglis. He's paid like an origin second rower because he is an origin second rower.

The main reason Creagh cops so much **** is because he's an absolute cat, if he had the same amount of mongrel in him as Ennis he would be a much better player. Anyhow, I wouldn't want us to splash the cash on Scott, but he would definitely be a good addition to the side.

I agree with your previous post about people posting completely unrealistic signings but I think you're wrong here. Beau Scott would be up there as one of the best defenders in the game, he's frequently one of the knights best players, and always turns up for origin does a good job on closing down Inglis. He's paid like an origin second rower because he is an origin second rower.

The main reason Creagh cops so much **** is because he's an absolute cat, if he had the same amount of mongrel in him as Ennis he would be a much better player. Anyhow, I wouldn't want us to splash the cash on Scott, but he would definitely be a good addition to the side.
Absolutely, of course he would. Hard hitting origin backrower with a ton of mongrel. Wouldn't want to outlay what he commands either because we need props and halves more than another backrower, even one as good as Scott.

Jamie is not a lock. I'd prefer to leave him at centre but he can play in the halves if needed. He is level headed and is the teams leader. Is it such a bad idea to get the ball in his hand more often in the halves?

Absolutely, of course he would. Hard hitting origin backrower with a ton of mongrel. Wouldn't want to outlay what he commands either because we need props and halves more than another backrower, even one as good as Scott.
Everyones entitled to their opinion I just don't see it. I don't think he offers enough. Yeh he may have closed down inglis once but that was morris last year and I think morris did a better job. Scott got raped by inglis at different stages over the years. and morris offers a lot more in attack. He's not a make 10m off each run and bend the line kind of player. He doesn't have a good offload. He is a good defender. I just think he's paid like an all round player not paid for the skill set he has. I've also seen him be so ineffective running the ball for nsw. If he was paid less I'd prob have less of a problem. It also used to piss me off when he'd get picked over choc and gift. Both always wore the blues jersey with pride and passion. He also held back guys like cordner, Jackson, fensom, sims

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7