Who will win Game 1 of Origin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win Game 1 of SOO this year?

• NSW

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • QLD

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Who cares... When does Manly play?

Votes: 29 49.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I must say I love Origin, always have. One thing I like is supporting players like Greg Bird or Paul Gallen who normally I would throw rocks at.

I just hope we get a good start with this team, even if we lose just need to be in the contest. Would hate to lose badly and then they start making massive changes after 1 game.

I really want to see Klemmer line up Parker and smash his nuts off.

2016 Game 1 won't be like 2015 game 3, I'd suggest less than a converted try in it and possibly even a 1 point game.

If it's 18 all with 5 to go pencil in a QLD win with Thurston one side , Cronk the other and Smith in the middle.

They are usually very exciting games , number 3 last year aside and back when NSW pummelled them before the decade of dominance.

In fact when they did the 25 years of Origin , after that length of time there was only a 6 point difference, which is amazing given there'd been about 70 odd games.

I agree 110% BUT it would be worse for you if you lived up here its "wall to wall" Origin, houses with flags up, cars with their flags up, everyone wearing their Origin jerseys going shopping, talk back radio full of it, local TV dominated by it.

I love living in QLD for the weather, and for about 10 months of the year the people are great as well BUT from mid May to whenever Origin is over they turn into complete tossers!!
Exactly the mentality of their success in a way. Our kids grow up wanting to play for Manly they grow up wanting to play for Qld

You know mozgrame it seems that Qld is the focus playing ambition choice for Queenslanders from what we hear. But what you say is interesting about loving footy. Something seems less over regulated up there. More relaxed or something. I know that rules for young halfbacks for e.g in mini league here were very restrictive on being able to run the ball until recently in nsw thus we have struggled in that department. But overall the mentality towards origin is definitely different

Exactly the mentality of their success in a way. Our kids grow up wanting to play for Manly they grow up wanting to play for Qld
It's true. Moreover, I get more joy out of manly Nsw cup beating newtown than I do out of Nsw beating Qld. I think many Sydney people are like this.

It's true. Moreover, I get more joy out of manly Nsw cup beating newtown than I do out of Nsw beating Qld. I think many Sydney people are like this.
I can remember when origin began I used to cheer when fatty, bowie ( not David) even choppy who I can't stand these days, used to score tries. Mostly because they played for Manly but also because nsw had I high representation of squeels players who I liked to see get smashed. Good thing is though, my two boys who are late teens early 20s hate Qld. Good for the future. Mus' be breedin em right round these parts!!

I love orign, the theatre, the footy. The devisive nature of the contest. Its pure gold.

Ive lived in qld much of my life as a nsw supporter and at this time of year it makes me sick. Honestly they are raving mad. It appears the queensland population derive some form of superiority in there personal lives from a team, partly made up from queenslanders having a win on the footy field. It kind of compensates them from having **** all else to do. And they seem happy with that.

No jobs, queenslander, **** education queenslander, no infrastructure or culture, queenslander.totally brainwashed. Brian isnt your uncle, queenslander

But if the lose, almost to the person,they forgot it was on, had to go out at the last minute so cant comment, are not really into origin this year, or they wife needed all 3 tv's to watch home and away catch ups. Sorry mate i have work to do.

apart from the hard core footy supporters very few are supporters until after the result although the recent run has made the cockier than normal.

All up i find them very bad sports in general, although some are very good, not trying to generalise The most common reaction is generally if you support a different team you should leave your job, family and friends and **** off and move, unless your greg inglis. His choice of taking the money and a queenslanders job was a sound decision. Queenslander

Been back in sydney a few years, part of the blatcheys blues for game 1 as is my brother flying down from brisbane who is happy to watch the game without being spat at or pissed on for dareing to support another team or having parents that moved state for employment.

Queenslander are awesome people, i love so many of them but as mark said for 2 months they are first class pork chops. Going up in a few weeks for some birthdays, i should wear my nsw jumper and **** the whole party up. It would. They just over react when the balance is right

BREAKING NEWS: Josh Morris re-called into the Blues to replace Josh Dugan @7NewsSydney @NSWRL @QLDmaroons @Josh_Dugan @NRL_Bulldogs #7news

I'm happy with Morris back in, just about negates the Goanna man ( and that can't be a bad thing).

Now we just have to worry about Thurston on one side, Smith in the middle & Cronk on the other side ( that can't be too bad, can it????)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4