Who wins the GF?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
It would be unreal if two teams won the whole thing from 8th, our boys and the cows. From a bbq grandfinal weekend that looked like disappointment a couple of weeks ago might turn out to be a very nice day.

All I want is for the Big 3 Lovefest to be well and truly spoiled, guess that means I’m hoping the Cowgirls win.

The look on their faces would be so so worth it!
That would make my year, plus it'd be the storms second straight loss in the gf, which is almost as funny

Manly - Illawarra game was far better quality than Eels- Penrith
I think they can win by a margin but will take a 1 point victory....
Top grade, Cows need to play direct....will not beat Storm outside.
Have good edge runners and this is their best chance with Morgan playing off go forward .
If it’s a grind - Storm will strangle them and run away by 20....Cows need to play with unpredictability, but through Storm, not around them.

Have good edge runners and this is their best chance with Morgan playing off go forward .
If it’s a grind - Storm will strangle them and run away by 20....Cows need to play with unpredictability, but through Storm, not around them.
You play laterally with skill and second man plays to generate out wide soft go forward metres that enable a fast play the ball---not going wider than the inside of the outer third of each side corridor.(reason being is if you shift too wide the next pass from dummy half is way too predictable and stifles the next play)

After the quick play the ball play flat and direct to a power running forward centrally after the defensive line has been stretched the previous play or after shifting laterally have an unders play back through the middle with supporting line runners centrally.(Less group tackling, more conducive to tackle breaks, player isolation strategies, more offloads and working the defensive line side to side)

Parramatta did this which in many ways is the style Hasler used with Manly.

In "attack" just shifting laterally going through set patterns and structures will not stretch the Storm enough until the inside is threatened or with offloads through the middle.

No one will give us a chance
I have seen all three of our u/20's games live, there is a strong belief in this team.
Has made next Sunday something meaningful for myself going out to the GF.
I agree with your assessment of 1st grade.

Was it last week where Morgan banana kicked in the 10m zone for the fullback to score?

That's the way to beat the straight line D. Every defender was expecting him to grubber or to pass right, so he kicked a left bender that fell behind the defenders and into the FBs lap :clap:

I feel that Scott will play and the Cows pack can match the Scumos pack :nod:

Proves to me the improvements made at the Cowboys are more to do with the growth, size/power and maturity in their forward stocks, discipline,structure, Morgan/Granville and Green as a coach than it is about Thurston taking them to a GF previously.

You play laterally with skill and second man plays to generate out wide soft go forward metres that enable a fast play the ball---not going wider than the inside of the outer third of each side corridor.(reason being is if you shift too wide the next pass from dummy half is way too predictable and stifles the next play)

After the quick play the ball play flat and direct to a power running forward centrally after the defensive line has been stretched the previous play or after shifting laterally have an unders play back through the middle with supporting line runners centrally.(Less group tackling, more conducive to tackle breaks, player isolation strategies, more offloads and working the defensive line side to side)

Parramatta did this which in many ways is the style Hasler used with Manly.

In "attack" just shifting laterally going through set patterns and structures will not stretch the Storm enough until the inside is threatened or with offloads through the middle.
A pass is “lateral” but that’s the only East /West Cows should apply....almost seemed ok with your summary, but this soft 2nd man play is simply running with support - option runners, not really a mind blowing new age theory....
The forwards have been underestimated leading into this finals series, even without Scott.
In a more “Easy read” guide, it’s a case of playing direct and getting the gun backrowers in Taumo and Cooper to knock down the doors on the edges....this includes the outside backs involvement to win some quick plays through the middle.
Cows Kicking game must be on point, as Storm will try to simply play field position and control the game from the opposition red zone.

A pass is “lateral” but that’s the only East /West Cows should apply....almost seemed ok with your summary, but this soft 2nd man play is simply running with support - option runners, not really a mind blowing new age theory....
The forwards have been underestimated leading into this finals series, even without Scott.
In a more “Easy read” guide, it’s a case of playing direct and getting the gun backrowers in Taumo and Cooper to knock down the doors on the edges....this includes the outside backs involvement to win some quick plays through the middle.
Cows Kicking game must be on point, as Storm will try to simply play field position and control the game from the opposition red zone.
When i say "soft" i am meaning less gang and dominant tackles in the go forward sets.

Did i ever state second man plays are a mind blowing new age theory, it is more about the way you structure, time and apply the lateral second man go forward plays and how you mix them up with skill and varied variety so the pet/stock second man plays have more effect.

You also want to engage the middle enough before the spread to induce the central defenders to keep moving across, otherwise they give up on the play way too early keeping the middle composed with ample time and readiness for the next play.

Manly tried to play direct in Melb for periods and it provided nothing because there was a lack of variety behind it.

Once the fatigue factor comes in yes power on the edges will come into play, you might get the odd bit of success early with what you are saying but not enough prolonged success.

The reason why Manly during the "golden era" was able to compete with Melb was due to our lateral spreads and two ball playing at the line halves combined with extra variety from G.Stewart and Lyon.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11