Why Manly are replacing a club legend with untried rookie coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know he is on the outer now, but it is not impossible thet he could come back as coach in the future. If we do manage to sneak into the 8, his record is still good. He is still fairly young, and in 5 or 6 years the whole political and business situation may have changed. If he holds his head up who knows what might happen?

It will be an interesting situation if Manly make the top 8. We have the team to make some noise if they play to their potential. How many coaches that make the finals and don't just go out the backdoor have been sacked I wonder?
For obvious reasons I would love us to win the competion this year but also just so Toovey can tell the Penns to shove it.

I know he is on the outer now, but it is not impossible thet he could come back as coach in the future. If we do manage to sneak into the 8, his record is still good. He is still fairly young, and in 5 or 6 years the whole political and business situation may have changed. If he holds his head up who knows what might happen?
Would need new owners me thinks before he would come back

All boards question their decision of coaches. If they don't, they aren't doing their jobs. The problem is that it was leaked so early. Media don't need to know internal agendas. They need to source out the leaker and get rid of him/her.
I would be looking in the direction of ZtH

The Melbourne Assistant Anthony Siebold is the only guy that i am happy that we signed. I would actually be more impressed with the club if he was the rookie taking over. He has more street cred than Barrett

I'm gutted although his year has been poor so far he is a club legend and has a good record overall . I'm not too happy with this Barrett i think hell be sh...t.

For obvious reasons I would love us to win the competion this year but also just so Toovey can tell the Penns to shove it.
I honestly think the penns would do anything in their power to derail the team if tooves miraculously looked like winning the comp from here. Call me crazy but they look bad enough already and we are getting a pretty clear picture of how these people do business. Watch for a whole bunch of telegraph anti manly rumours if manly get on a proper role. Zorba will make sure of it.

I honestly think the penns would do anything in their power to derail the team if tooves miraculously looked like winning the comp from here. Call me crazy but they look bad enough already and we are getting a pretty clear picture of how these people do business. Watch for a whole bunch of telegraph anti manly rumours if manly get on a proper role. Zorba will make sure of it.
The movie wild thing Springs to mind.

I am looking forward to Manly finishing the rest of the season undefeated.

hows this for a scerario Tooves and manly make the GF this year, then Tooves and andrew johns take the coaching role at Newcastle and make the GF next year ...And barret doesn't make the 8
not ideal for manly, but a big FU to the penns.....

hows this for a scerario Tooves and manly make the GF this year, then Tooves and andrew johns take the coaching role at Newcastle and make the GF next year ...And barret doesn't make the 8
not ideal for manly, but a big FU to the penns.....
Yeah, that's what a true Manly supporter would want.....seriosuly. Barrett is not the frickn enemy and the Penns are our owners like it or not. Their handling of this situation was utter crap, but let's not wish Manly to have a bad 2016 for some stupid quest for revenge.

People need to get over this already. Yes, let's hope we go all the way and send Toovey out a winner, but let's also hope Barrett comes in and has a blinder and we win 2016 as well!!

Yeah, that's what a true Manly supporter would want.....seriosuly. Barrett is not the frickn enemy and the Penns are our owners like it or not. Their handling of this situation was utter crap, but let's not wish Manly to have a bad 2016 for some stupid quest for revenge.

People need to get over this already. Yes, let's hope we go all the way and send Toovey out a winner, but let's also hope Barrett comes in and has a blinder and we win 2016 as well!!

Indeed. What happened against the Broncos to my mind isn't purely a ringing endorsement of Toovey as coach.....it says to me the players may start playing better now that the future has been sorted. It says to me that she shake up of players and coaches may be having some effect.

Its time we all moved forward. No doubt Tooves had his papers marked in advance etc etc BUT it doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't time for him to move on anyway.

I don't get the logic in "a big FU to the Penn's" because it means we as fans will suffer too.

The Tooves decision is made and next year we will need to move on from it and hope our club succeeds in whatever shape it takes...
Sorry guys still really
emotional about the whole way tooves has been treated.. will support manly regardless have done for 45 years ...All the best Trent go get em...

Sorry guys still really
emotional about the whole way tooves has been treated.. will support manly regardless have done for 45 years ...All the best Trent go get em...
Look, that's fine. We'll all make our peace with it at our pace. I'd just hope we can hit the 2016 season kick off 100% behind the squad and coach that we have. You hate the Penn's - fine! But the players wear the jersey and we should back them and hope for a premiership. Nothing less.

Sorry guys still really
Mate, I agree the way it has gone down sucks for Tooves and isn't the Manly way (or shouldn't be), but 2015 isn't over yet and 2016 is hopefully a successful year for us.

• 👍
Reactions: MRW

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7