Will Hopoate saga haunting the Parramatta Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Because that would be deemed an unfair contract term. Hence, unenforceable as it ignores the premise of contract law.

The issue is Parramatta management, they offered, Will accepted. If parra seek to withdraw that contract, he is more than entitled to seek remedy for difference.
Performance (in reference to your cheerleading comment) is irrelevant and would only come into play if there was a verbal agreement as it constitutes an agreement crystallized through performance i.e. Will taking the field.

It is not opportunistic as you note, it is law.

We'll agree to disagree re the opportunism part & I'm not sure you're correct re the second part.

I would have thought clauses to protect either party are common place.

E.g. injuries, payout conditions, ill discipline, Foran has some supposed get out clause if Arthur is not coach.

Not sure how in the eyes of the "law" you could prove a contract being subject to NRL approval & registration would be unlawful ? In principle.

After all the contract is for a guy to represent the club to play NRL, not to represent the cheerleading squad.

We'll agree to disagree re the opportunism part & I'm not sure you're correct re the second part.

I would have thought clauses to protect either party are common place.

E.g. injuries, payout conditions, ill discipline, Foran has some supposed get out clause if Arthur is not coach.

Not sure how in the eyes of the "law" you could prove a contract being subject to NRL approval & registration would be unlawful ? In principle.

After all the contract is for a guy to represent the club to play NRL, not to represent the cheerleading squad.

Because the NRL are not a legal jurisdiction. It does not need their "approval" or "registration" for it to be ratified as a contract at law.

The nrl would have approved the contract, on the proviso that parra moved a player or two on to balance the cap. Happens all the time at all clubs.

What happened here is that parra changed its mind after will signed. The only question for the court to decide is "how much".

@Eelectric - Hoppa would be disappointed that the very lucrative contract he signed was not honoured. And he may have lost out significantly because other clubs moved on when he signed with Parra. Without certainty contracts lose their meaning. And the whole system can quickly fall down. The problem is not with Hoppa. It is with Parra signing, then reneging. That's how I see it at least. This reneging seems to be habitual at Parra. Foz went through the same thing.

Agree he would be very disappointed. He'll never get near such an insane agreement again.

Its not his fault.

Parra were unwise to offer him a contract of any significance in the first place. <sigh>

Any decent shrink could provide undisputed grounds for an insanity plead.

The nrl would have approved the contract, on the proviso that parra moved a player or two on to balance the cap. Happens all the time at all clubs.

What happened here is that parra changed its mind after will signed. The only question for the court to decide is "how much".

This is my assumption as well.

Either way i would have enjoyed instructing counsel.

They came to their senses too late.

All they need is some shrinks, case dismissed on grounds of insanity. Lol

Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
I cannot wait for the season to start so that a thread about a Canterbury player's problem with Parramatta isn't constantly at the top of our Silvertails threads.
And yes, I see what I've done here.
Doh!

Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
I cannot wait for the season to start so that a thread about a Canterbury player's problem with Parramatta isn't constantly at the top of our Silvertails threads.
And yes, I see what I've done here.
Doh!

It affects us.

Hoppa, who sue's Parra and wins his case, then has his cap money used up for their team, meaning starting on minus 4 points is a "dream" compared to what MAY happen (with shedding players, and more points). Kieran Foran the mercenary, who left Manly with his missus claiming karma receives HIS, leaving all Manly fans warm and fuzzy inside ;)

It affects us.

Hoppa, who sue's Parra and wins his case, then has his cap money used up for their team, meaning starting on minus 4 points is a "dream" compared to what MAY happen (with shedding players, and more points). Kieran Foran the mercenary, who left Manly with his missus claiming karma receives HIS, leaving all Manly fans warm and fuzzy inside ;)
I feel like the NRL is doing everything in its power NOT to take points from the Eels and the Eels keep pushing them further and further.

I feel like the NRL is doing everything in its power NOT to take points from the Eels and the Eels keep pushing them further and further.

If it was Manly with the breach you can rest assured that the NRL would have acted swiftly with the points deduction. They are serial offenders and they still dance around it with caution.

Seeing as you have behaved yourself we have upgraded your avatar from muppet status. You are now a "Ray Higgs", Parra import who was decidedly underwhelming despite the hype.

@Chip and Chase , I'd like to thank you both. Was a big fan of Phil Blake, btw.

Still, there are some concerns re the democratic process here & constitutional measures protecting rights to free choice of avatar. There's probably a sound reason most modern civilised cultures have moved towards democracy & respect of individual rights.

How about this one ? More neutral.
images-25.jpeg

Still, there are some concerns re the democratic process here & constitutional measures protecting rights to free choice of avatar. There's probably a sound reason most modern civilised cultures have moved towards democracy & respect of individual rights.

How about this one ? More neutral.View attachment 3107
This isn't some touchy feely commune mate. The only people with rights here are Manly supporters, everyone else has responsibilities, not rights. So your responsibility is to behave and not let your expectations get confused with your limitations. If you continue to be humble, obedient and respectful of the superior Manly supporters then you may get a further avatar upgrade.

Next one is the "T-Rex", Parra import tolerated by most but ultimately no one was disappointed when he left. Give it a season or two or you might get to "Wolfman", Parra import we are happy to call one of our own.

Only if we want dart boards. What is doing with his hairdo now as well? You see him in the trial against Penrith? He's dead set got a westie cut to match his playing position.

FMD, a Kiwi, growing up on The Central Coast who turns his back on the beaches to play at Parramatta under a 2 year experienced 1st grade coach "that can take his game to the next level" - and this is Karma apparently !

Bad Karma I'd say, for him.

Good for Kieran-he lost interest and passion at Manly. Once that happens, the correct thing to do is leave and find a place where you can be happy and seek new challenges. I don't begrudge him that and wish him well.
That being said, I hope Kapow smashes the living day lights out of him. He will rue the day he **** on the mighty Silvertails. Once he fails to live up to the hype and his body becomes busted, the Parramatta drones will turn on him en masse like they do to all their high priced recruits who fail them. I will never forget those pictures at the 2015 launch where he was looking at the ground when Kelly spoke of hopefully retaining him. He had the look of Judas-and that was no coincidence!

1. Big fan of Phil Blake.
2. Your dad a Manly fan. (You should trust your dad)
3. You joked of Hoppa "coming" - not "going" - to Manly so that his salary would be paid by the Eels and Dogs. (Freudian slip)
4. You're too likeable to be a Parra fan

You know - deep down - what you need to do. :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2