Will you become a member, or renew your membership next season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will you become a member, or renew your membership next season?

• Total voters
The day they knifed Tooves I went from being a member/supporter to a disgruntled fan and nothing I have seen since makes me feel like 2017 will be any different.

It's weird but I'd rather buy a ticket to an away game than give a cent of my hard earned to Penn and Zorbas franchise.

Yeah righto - cheers Loobs.

I'm sure if enough of us let the club know how he is harming the brand (with evidence) and not supporting it - they'll have a change of heart.

If anyone has a copy of the comments or article. Be appreciated.

Sadly it would fall on deaf ears, your emails would only get to the front office girl , who has a list of about 3 or 4 bog standard replies to send back out, complaint emails NEVER get to management.

It's why they were so upset recently when someone listed Joke Elly's email address on here .

Yeah righto - cheers Loobs.

I'm sure if enough of us let the club know how he is harming the brand (with evidence) and not supporting it - they'll have a change of heart.

If anyone has a copy of the comments or article. Be appreciated.
I don't have the transcript but from memory (which is not that great these days), it was the video from the Sporting News ... but may also have been in his column in the MD.

At any rate that's my stand, and whether or not it will go any further than the admin girl/lady I need for me to let them know how this fan of 50 years feels.

I don't have the transcript but from memory (which is not that great these days), it was the video from the Sporting News ... but may also have been in his column in the MD.

At any rate that's my stand, and whether or not it will go any further than the admin girl/lady I need for me to let them know how this fan of 50 years feels.

I'm pretty sure someone put a link to the story on here, so I clicked and read it myself, have a feeling it was Sporting News but could be wrong.

We may have taken it slightly out of context ( he may have been referring to fans making negative comments on social media), but for a board member to suggest that fans / members are " irrelevant" is a very low point in the clubs history.

The video is here.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ats-wrong-at-manly/1mn96qw3y6azt1lq3uhm7qh25g

I'm no fan of Zorba, but in this case I think his comment has been taken a little out of context. He was saying that the fans' view on player ability and form are irrelevant - not that fans are irrelevant.

But he has been on the record more than once as saying that the Footy Club is irrelevant though (an organisation that has been around for 70 years and is really the spiritual home of teh Sea Eagles). Probably thinks Tooves is irrelevant, along with a few others that got speared after the revolution. Not a known bridge builder is Zorba.

Anyway they own the cot now so they can throw whatever toys they want out of it, us fans included.

PENN’S MIGHTIER

THE silence is deafening from the know-alls who for years have promoted and pushed the blatant mis-truth that the Penn family, owners of the Sea Eagles, wanted to move the side away from Brookvale Oval.

The recent news that funding is available to start stage one of the Brookvale Oval makeover is a massive salute to the perseverance of the chairman Scott Penn, Sea Eagles chief executive Joe Kelly and chief financial officer Neil Bare.

They got away from the unsuccessful efforts of the past 20 years and changed tack to heavily involve powerbrokers at federal and state levels of politics.

They dealt directly with them and their advisers on the best way to secure vital funding.

Local MPs and Liberal party heavyweights Tony Abbott and Mike Baird were key players with both having an unbridled passion for the district and the Sea Eagles.

They are genuine supporters of the club.

Both know and live first-hand with what the team means to the northern beaches.

The Penn family have copped plenty of unwarranted criticised from the spreading of the blatant lie they were looking at taking the team away from Brookvale Oval.

The small pocket of rebels are now reduced to having no real support in issues surrounding the Sea Eagles.

Indeed, several were seen on the Brookie Hill in last week’s game against Parramatta.

It was a big difference from their days living the high life in the corporate boxes – at the expense of the owners.

The video is here.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ats-wrong-at-manly/1mn96qw3y6azt1lq3uhm7qh25g

I'm no fan of Zorba, but in this case I think his comment has been taken a little out of context. He was saying that the fans' view on player ability and form are irrelevant - not that fans are irrelevant.

But he has been on the record more than once as saying that the Footy Club is irrelevant though (an organisation that has been around for 70 years and is really the spiritual home of teh Sea Eagles). Probably thinks Tooves is irrelevant, along with a few others that got speared after the revolution. Not a known bridge builder is Zorba.

Anyway they own the cot now so they can throw whatever toys they want out of it, us fans included.
Hopefully they can build us a Premiership winning team that all of us passionate fans can be proud of !!!
images.jpg

The video is here.

Ok ... yes I agree that the comment has been taken a bit too much out of context .... it will be interesting to see what , if any response my email gets ...

PENN’S MIGHTIER

THE silence is deafening from the know-alls who for years have promoted and pushed the blatant mis-truth that the Penn family, owners of the Sea Eagles, wanted to move the side away from Brookvale Oval.

The recent news that funding is available to start stage one of the Brookvale Oval makeover is a massive salute to the perseverance of the chairman Scott Penn, Sea Eagles chief executive Joe Kelly and chief financial officer Neil Bare.

They got away from the unsuccessful efforts of the past 20 years and changed tack to heavily involve powerbrokers at federal and state levels of politics.

They dealt directly with them and their advisers on the best way to secure vital funding.

Local MPs and Liberal party heavyweights Tony Abbott and Mike Baird were key players with both having an unbridled passion for the district and the Sea Eagles.

They are genuine supporters of the club.

Both know and live first-hand with what the team means to the northern beaches.

The Penn family have copped plenty of unwarranted criticised from the spreading of the blatant lie they were looking at taking the team away from Brookvale Oval.

The small pocket of rebels are now reduced to having no real support in issues surrounding the Sea Eagles.

Indeed, several were seen on the Brookie Hill in last week’s game against Parramatta.

It was a big difference from their days living the high life in the corporate boxes – at the expense of the owners.
Great post . This should now shut all the crap talk
untitled.png

There are more facts in that column than the crap accusations that we hear :)
This column by Zorba was dissected on here at the time it was published. What is interesting are the glaringly obvious facts that are MISSING from that column. No acknowledgement whatsoever of the sustained efforts of many others in pursuing funding for Brookvale Oval over the years, which he was taken to task over. Anyone who reads that column would assume that the "facts" are that the Penns turned up and waved their magic wand and presto. Take it how you like I suppose, you either want to lap up what you read as being gospel, or you can keep a critical mind.

This column by Zorba was dissected on here at the time it was published. What is interesting are the glaringly obvious facts that are MISSING from that column. No acknowledgement whatsoever of the sustained efforts of many others in pursuing funding for Brookvale Oval over the years, which he was taken to task over. Anyone who reads that column would assume that the "facts" are that the Penns turned up and waved their magic wand and presto. Take it how you like I suppose, you either want to lap up what you read as being gospel, or you can keep a critical mind.
The fact is all others including the Penns are committed to remaining at our spiritual home and that is what we all want !!!

It's weird but I'd rather buy a ticket to an away game than give a cent of my hard earned to Penn and Zorbas franchise.

Funny you say that, that's exactly the attitude in my family as well. We didn't end up getting to any games this year (various and assorted health issues and surgeries for a couple of family members put footy on the back burner for a fair while) - but only going to a few select away games was the original plan...

...of course, there are certain grounds we won't go to, on the same logic of not giving those b@stards a cent either!

Kerry Sibra is a great example !!!

Got my letter in the mail that my membership will be rolled over into 2017 and deducted from my CC on the 27th September... So based on my laziness to call up and cancel i will be a member in 2017 lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6