(Womens Team) Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All good but someone knows the answer to my question right?

Not likely anyone will offer a percentage of my posts deleted due to being reported or just a mods view or being red flagged like Steve Matai.
From the conversations that I have seen with other mods the pers view rarely if ever is part of the discussion. The rainbow jersey was a great example of when the views of most of the mod base were different from some of what was being posted. Sure there was a massive temptation to delete or edit posts but this did not happen unless the terms of use were breached.

I take your point ... but I was simply trying to make my point that any stance other than 100% acceptance of the approved ideology is met with the standard accusation of being some type of recidivist "phobe" or "ist" ...
I totally get it all good, but you still have to quote me correctly otherwise people in the future will use your post as a reference point to my views like SER8 who doesn't seem to fact check very well or read context.

I hope SER8 retired from his gig while still performing close to his peak unlike Ray Warren who went 15yrs too long.

You're sounding a bit paranoid. I'm unaware of any of your stuff getting deleted, unless it was ages ago and I've just forgotten. If one of your recent gems is missing why not just repost it and we can all watch with interest to see what happens?
Wouldn't know how to repost for starters and secondly many recent posts have been deleted, way too fast to be a reported request requiring some analysis and consensus before making that decision.

By the way i recently came back from Melbourne with the Hawks female AFL team but that is a whole new thread and i guess against the terms and conditions talking about the competing league lol-------kidding.

Obviously i was too scared to voice my opinions as they perform at a higher rate than me right hehehe, so yeah i removed that comeback line i gather is coming lol.

I take your point ... but I was simply trying to make my point that any stance other than 100% acceptance of the approved ideology is met with the standard accusation of being some type of recidivist "phobe" or "ist" ...
Interesting. In my experience any stance other than one that conforms 100% to your approved ideology (which happends to be the dominant ideology in this country at this time) is met with hysterical and nonsensical accusations about putin and taking orders from group think masters.

Just try to remember what it was you that you posted and type it out again. It's not rocket surgery.
So many weeks ago i wouldn't remember how the post started, it was before i went to Melbourne, there was two or three deleted i think.

Not fussed just entertaining to find out the reasons or who determined it was delete worthy, while watching people reply in a manner acting like they have no idea why lol.

Paranoid would mean i care beyond a healthy level, curious is just me on a day off killing time with questions.

Just try to remember what it was you that you posted and type it out again. It's not rocket surgery.

Do you really think i would fall for that, i'm obviously a man of the Bible and not science.

Plus my grammar is so poor combined with low education levels i could probably convince myself it is Rocket Surgery.

Sky News host Paul Murray says netball in Australia is in a “world of trouble” on the professional level with some Diamonds players reportedly refusing to step on the court wearing uniforms sponsored by mining magnate Gina Rinehart.

Netball Australia and its Players’ Association were in urgent talks ahead of the team’s second Test of the Constellation Cup, with players raising issues about wearing a uniform featuring new sponsor, Hancock Prospecting.

“While nobody believes that every single athlete believes in every single thing that every single sponsor that turns up on their jersey has ever said or done – you are thankful for the cash,” Mr Murray said

“Because, put simply, without it netball is broke and one of the great sports of this country goes into very dark days.”

Hancock Prospecting has committed to funnelling $15 million dollars over four years into a high-performance program for players, coaches and the Diamonds.

Jordan makes some good points but i find him weak arse also in many other respects along with trying to spread himself thin over too many subjects thinking he had all the answers or had to come up with an answer instead of just saying "i don't know enough in this area to form a valid or quality opinion".

Don't agree with him on depression and he lost my respect when he couldn't handle the pressure of his celeb status that he was happy to ride the wave of until he could no longer cope.

I think he took meds also when he mentally lost it so another cross in my books.
JBP is a very credible scientist. If you look at his core work namely related to his books maps of meaning and the rules for life twin series every claim presented has being fully researched and reasonably validated. Whilst many have tried no one has successfully refuted the claims they don’t like….and many have indeed tried.
I suspect the people criticising his work are people who likely obtained their view from the guardian or some similar medium where idealism is put ahead of science. In simple terms they don’t like him because they don’t like what he is saying which is fair enough it’s just they seem to believe their opinion is morally superior to others..kind of like in a religious way which is kind of ironic because many of these people are also very anti religion ( namely Christianity)

Last edited:
Sky News host Paul Murray says netball in Australia is in a “world of trouble” on the professional level with some Diamonds players reportedly refusing to step on the court wearing uniforms sponsored by mining magnate Gina Rinehart.

Netball Australia and its Players’ Association were in urgent talks ahead of the team’s second Test of the Constellation Cup, with players raising issues about wearing a uniform featuring new sponsor, Hancock Prospecting.

“While nobody believes that every single athlete believes in every single thing that every single sponsor that turns up on their jersey has ever said or done – you are thankful for the cash,” Mr Murray said

“Because, put simply, without it netball is broke and one of the great sports of this country goes into very dark days.”

Hancock Prospecting has committed to funnelling $15 million dollars over four years into a high-performance program for players, coaches and the Diamonds.
Ironic ( more like ignorant ) that a team called "The Diamonds" are compromised by a sponsor that is a, um, mining company.
How does one get a Diamond?

Ironic ( more like ignorant ) that a team called "The Diamonds" are compromised by a sponsor that is a, um, mining company.
How does one get a Diamond?

Without mining .. how does one get a phone, a car, a fridge, a stove, a road, a home, a plane, a cappuccino machine etc etc ... maybe they will stop wearing jewellery as well ... bonkas

And without sponsors, I hope they will all be happy working at the dry cleaners ...

They're not boycotting the uniform because of mining. They are unhappy with the organisations founder's comments of indigenous people and inaction / denial of climate change.

The iron ore miner has previously said climate change is not a man-made phenomenon — something former Australian captain Sharni Norder says is against the values of the team.

The protest also surrounds the origins of Hancock Prospecting Ltd, founded in 1955 by Rinehart’s father, the late Lang Hancock.

Hancock infamously suggested in 1984 Indigenous Australians should be sterilised to “breed themselves out” in coming years.

The connection is particularly indecent while Indigenous player Donnell Wallam prepares to make her debut for Australia, having ben selected in the squad for the Constellation Cup series.

Fox Sports reports Norder has addressed the team and has publicly slammed the sport for going into partnership with Australia’s richest woman.

“This is a company that doesn’t suit Netball Australia’s values.

“We’ve always stood up for social justice, we’ve always been anti-gambling, no smoking … and there were, and are, other avenues to source sponsorship.

“Lang Hancock’s past and what he said in regard to Indigenous people is just not suitable for Australian sport. Netball Australia has always tried to be inclusive … we now have Donnell in the team.

Maybe read some unbiased news instead of quoting that germ Paul Murray.

Quite understandable and even to be commended for members or some members of sporting teams to have strong or principal based views on some matters but also to be tempered a bit as to what may be in the best interests of their particular sport overall and in the unavoidable commercial reality in many instances of keeping their code viable . Not to mention some serious level reimbursement away from their normal working routine's requirements in many codes . Still can not see why some emphatic public or media announcements or stated positions can not also ne incorporated , not as if as individuals they would be expected to wear the promotional playing shirts apart from their time on the actual playing court and in the case of netball or in Manly 's case . .Going to be an ongoing issue for many sporting codes , not easy to have some form of a uniform policy but will have to be some improvement and a better way of addressing the issue . Really hope that there can be a much better outcome or protocol arrangements in Manly 's case well before next season 's start .

They're not boycotting the uniform because of mining. They are unhappy with the organisations founder's comments of indigenous people and inaction / denial of climate change.

The iron ore miner has previously said climate change is not a man-made phenomenon — something former Australian captain Sharni Norder says is against the values of the team.

The protest also surrounds the origins of Hancock Prospecting Ltd, founded in 1955 by Rinehart’s father, the late Lang Hancock.

Hancock infamously suggested in 1984 Indigenous Australians should be sterilised to “breed themselves out” in coming years.

The connection is particularly indecent while Indigenous player Donnell Wallam prepares to make her debut for Australia, having ben selected in the squad for the Constellation Cup series.

Fox Sports reports Norder has addressed the team and has publicly slammed the sport for going into partnership with Australia’s richest woman.

“We’ve always stood up for social justice, we’ve always been anti-gambling, no smoking … and there were, and are, other avenues to source sponsorship.

“Lang Hancock’s past and what he said in regard to Indigenous people is just not suitable for Australian sport. Netball Australia has always tried to be inclusive … we now have Donnell in the team.

Yes, that was my understanding. They weren't boycotting just coz it was a mining company.

Thank you ... I stand corrected ..

2)I have not once made a racist remark here, one poster pathetically wanted to link my "general" views in relation to tattoos and give it some "racist appeal" by the mere fact it is part of Polynesian culture, so my general dislike of tattoos now also makes me a racist----yeah good one. That same poster when put to task in finding a racist quote i made failed to do so just mumbling on what i just stated above.

Lets be clear, i hate tattoos on every skin colour equally(and never once singled out any race) and more so on whites if anything(there you go if you want a "racist" comment to link to)
Hi TC, I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. Let's start with a clean slate. You are not racist, and have no racist thoughts, beliefs, nor actions.

I'm racist, although I don't want to be. It's unrealistic to think I'm immune to the culture of my country. But maybe you're the exception that proves the rule.

Nevertheless, your preference to avoid players with tattoos indirectly discriminates against those who are expected to get tattoos as part of their religious or cultural heritage, notably some Pasifika players.

Meanwhile, as you're (quite appropriately) a vocal opponent of misquoting, kindly point to where I said you were racist. (If it helps, our recent exchange on the subject starts here, from around post #74 to 165)
:)

Hi TC, I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. Let's start with a clean slate. You are not racist, and have no racist thoughts, beliefs, nor actions.

I'm racist, although I don't want to be. It's unrealistic to think I'm immune to the culture of my country. But maybe you're the exception that proves the rule.

Nevertheless, your preference to avoid players with tattoos indirectly discriminates against those who are expected to get tattoos as part of their religious or cultural heritage, notably some Pasifika players.

Meanwhile, as you're (quite appropriately) a vocal opponent of misquoting, kindly point to where I said you were racist. (If it helps, our recent exchange on the subject starts here, from around post #74 to 165)
:)

Seriously ... you think Australia has a racist culture ... you need to get out in the world and visit the 193 countries that actually do have racist regimes. .. and physically and legally oppressed minorities.

Are there racists in Australia.. of course there are ... is australia a racist country ... your kidding.

I know I know ... Britain was terrible, Captain cook was a blood crazed invader, oh woe our history ... the guilt , the guilt I tell you.

Seriously ... you think Australia has a racist culture ... you need to get out in the world and visit the 193 countries that actually do have racist regimes. .. and physically and legally oppressed minorities.

Are there racists in Australia.. of course there are ... is australia a racist country ... your kidding.

I know I know ... Britain was terrible, Captain cook was a blood crazed invader, oh woe our history ... the guilt , the guilt I tell you.
Mate this 'young' country Australia, that is our land that we rightly love, was founded on racism.
1788 - Terra nullius ... 1906 - The White Australia policy ... 2005 - the Cronulla race riots...
You think there is nothing left from that storied history? No residual racism left over from the days of official govt policy of racism? It's documented pretty much every day in news stories of one sort or another.

By sarcasticly saying woe, the guilt you're effectively encouraging people to sweep it under the carpet as though it doesn't exist any more.
In many ways nowadays the prejudices are less easy to see. It's not blatant overt discrimination 'No Blacks' these days but far more subtle ways. Which is exactly why its worth taking the time to think about those. I'd have thought.

Mate this 'young' country Australia, that is our land that we rightly love, was founded on racism.
1788 - Terra nullius ... 1906 - The White Australia policy ... 2005 - the Cronulla race riots...
You think there is nothing left from that storied history? No residual racism left over from the days of official govt policy of racism? It's documented pretty much every day in news stories of one sort or another.

By sarcasticly saying woe, the guilt you're effectively encouraging people to sweep it under the carpet as though it doesn't exist any more.
In many ways nowadays the prejudices are less easy to see. It's not blatant overt discrimination 'No Blacks' these days but far more subtle ways. Which is exactly why its worth taking the time to think about those. I'd have thought.

Ah, the good old Labour leader Arthur Caldwell's white Australia policy .... thank goodness the liberals threw that obnoxious policy in history's dustbin 50 years ago ....

Which, is exactly where your other historical hand wringing self hate conclusions belong ... the dustbin ...

Rather than your biased one eyed anecdotal accusations ... can you please name one racist law or racist policy that exists in Australia today.

I'll wait ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4