World Club Challenge 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm just glad we're not in it. Always think it's the worst way from Premiers to start their defence season. And now a couple of other teams will be similarly handicapped. Yay for us!

Imagine if the Iceland volcano erupts and continues spewing ash for 6 months. No flights and the 3 Aussie teams miss the season.

Please, it's Eyjafjallajökull, the volcano that erupted in 2010. Have some respect!

lol winkwinkwinkcough

It means glacier of Eyjafjoll (here endeth the lesson)

I'm tired

I was at the game last night. It was a bit of a touch up to be fair.

But I wouldn't read in to it too much. As a side our defence has been infamously poor for about 18 months now. Roosters didn't have to work too hard to score points and we really struggled with the speed.

As for the wider WCC can't help but agree. The reality is that we don't have 3 teams to compete with you guys. Leeds in this case are not the same team they were last year either and Wigan are intense but low on qualtiy. Expecting a touch up in the following two games if the Bronx and Cows turn up at 50% or more.

I actually think the quality of the ESL has declined over the last decade rather than increased.

How do they select the teams for the world club challenge is it randomly drawn or is ladder position??

Also went to the game last night as the Missus dad is a Wigan fan.

Thought Broncos looked actually a fair bit off the pace in defence. Their linespeed was non existent and they looked tired for the majority of the game. They held Wigan up over the line 2/3 times as well, they could have quite easily been scored and the score would have been a bit kinder.

They were reasonable in attack but would suggest that the hefty score line was again due to poor defence rather than sharp attack.

It was a general consensus over here that the Broncos weren't as impressive as the Roosters were.

Only early doors I suppose but MAY be an indication as to how they will start the year.

These commentators are slightly one-eyed. There have been some special players out there tonight says one of them and then goes on to reel off the names of several Leeds players, no Cowboys mentioned..... Leeds just got touched up 38-4.

I don't know ,if your gonna start slapping faces ,you should be prepared for a smack in the mouth..

Yeah..the language was probably a bit ...strong, but I thought it'd be better (?) if galloway responded from front on...as Tamou was looking at him...rather than be hit by someone you weren't looking at.

They aren't all ninjas like us!!!!

At least Rambo Gibbs is no longer the only player to be sent off in a WCC game ;)

The sad part is the two teams I support (Manly and Leeds when they aren't plying us or Australia) are the teams with a player sent off lol

Yeah..the language was probably a bit ...strong, but I thought it'd be better (?) if galloway responded from front on...as Tamou was looking at him...rather than be hit by someone you weren't looking at.

They aren't all ninjas like us!!!!
Haha -when saw it ,I thought the slappee was the puncher.

Thought Cows were even slower last night. Looked slow and out of shape. Struggled to match Leeds energy in the first 40. They did come out much sharper in the second, but Leeds also died off in the meantime which played a part.

Also please don't take the commentary as a representation of the attitude of the majority of RL fans over here. The commentators are senile imbeciles that need replacing. As a fan base we have found as a whole the last two years pretty embarrassing, and any attempt by the pundits and RFL to gloss over it is just cringey for us.

I will say I do enjoy the Aussie sides coming over and it presents the best opportunity to see some NRL action live for fans like myself and many others. The NRL players are a touch of class when they're here as well. They spend most of the week visiting some of the junior club camps in the area and stay after games for a good while with the fans signing things and taking photos etc.

Even after FT they all did a full tour of the ground interacting with fans even after the home team had gone off.

Hopefully Manly will get over soon so I can bump some kids out of the way to get to the front of the line :rofl:

Thought Broncos looked actually a fair bit off the pace in defence

That is how the Broncs defend and have done for a few years. Qld do as well in origin. I am not a fan of it but it worked last year..

I am more surprised at the metres they gain after giving up so much.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4