Worst forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've always felt that the old cliché about it all starting with the forwards has been a bit overplayed - but we are living proof of the old cliché. Last night I always felt IF we ever get any field position we'll cause them big problems and sure that was going to be the case but we never really got it until the game was half over.

Our ability to make metres has got to be the worst in the NRL at the moment. Unless the other team makes plenty of errors OR we get plenty of penalties we just aren't going to get into enough decent field position to win many games. Broncos just camped us in our own half & we were powerless. Myles is decent but he's not a metres eating forward....where is our forward roll going to come from even next year ??

PS all year I've been waiting for the game when Lyon & Matai got through without majorly limping or coming off - I'm not sure its going to happen in 2015.

Matai and Lyon are rapidly closing in on their use by dates. Both slower, now more injury prone, and causing their wingers and inside men to panic in defence.

Lyon can eek out another year at 5/8th, but I seriously doubt Matai can play anywhere else on the field.

I am glad that Shoulders and Killer got their extensions, but they have to take some of the blame for leaking tries that just wouldn't have happened 1-2 years ago.

We smash the forwards up every game, but the losses are not their fault alone.

I sit back an think about this forward pack making 60m on the first set and getting us into a position for an attacking kick. What were they thinking? If the idiots didn't put Foran in a position to kick out on the full then the Broncos don't score next set. Simple.

To make matter worse Mateo decides to put Foran through a hole which would have seen us down by just 4 with 30 minutes to play. Why couldn't he see this would fail dropping the heads of the team. Complete idiot.

I sit back an think about this forward pack making 60m on the first set and getting us into a position for an attacking kick. What were they thinking? If the idiots didn't put Foran in a position to kick out on the full then the Broncos don't score next set. Simple.

To make matter worse Mateo decides to put Foran through a hole which would have seen us down by just 4 with 30 minutes to play. Why couldn't he see this would fail dropping the heads of the team. Complete idiot.
You're right. Can't have players putting others through holes.

Can we piss Willie Mason off.

Other teams must laugh in the dressing room that this big mouth starts for us.

Our forwards were pretty bad. Mason has to come from the bench I think. He one of those guys who can lift the team up when others are tiring but when he starts he just doesn't have the same go-forward he used to. Sao and Lui were our weakest last night. I thought Burgess, Horo and Leary were our best followed by Jake T who needs to start. With all the talk about DCE, not even he can save this forward pack if they come up as lacklustre as they did yesterday.

I love Tooves but his handling of our forwards hasn't been great this year regardless of injuries. I also think the forwards need a wake up call. Drop Sao and Lui and bring in some of the new guys from the Under-20s like Demetriou. Having said that, if our full pack comes back we will do good enough for our backline to do something and come 2016 if/when the interchange rule gets changed (fixed) then we will be a force to reckon with.

I've stated to everyone I consider our team the best on paper by miles. I'm withdrawing that statement, because when I think of The Roosters forward pack and Hooker, compared to our forward pack and hooker, the difference is light years.

Our forward pack is piss weak. All of them.
You are clueless at the best of times nuffi. Change your mind like the weather, probably never laced on a boot Wyan

You are clueless at the best of times nuffi. Change your mind like the weather, probably never laced on a boot Wyan

Says a bloke that cannot stretch, and lacks the mental capacity to string a sentence together, without personal school yard abuse and/or vitriol.

I'd much rather not have thrown a ball, than lack the intelligence to debate a topic with civility.

I apologise if you "are" actually 12 - 13 years old as your post above suggests..but the again, I've spoken to some very respectful, well spoken 12 - 13 year old kids, so even then I'm giving you too much credit.

Don't know who it was that called you out yesterday for the tone of your posts, but I'm understanding where they are coming from.

Anyway, rage and abuse away, I find it quite comical.

"Wyan"...and "nuffi".... hahahaha..nice one Charles Dickens......

Our forward pack is weak but a lot of that is due to key injuries. I don't cout Starling cause he's pretty rubbish.
Lawrence and Buhrer are big outs though.
Gifty didn't play too much footy for us last year, so I don't count that as an excuse. Choc and King were good for us last year but not that good.
Imo Mason is a joke and should've retired. Lui is NSW cup standard, and Luke B is definitely the worst of the Burgess brothers. Symonds and Horo are ok at best. However, Jake T is quality Imo. We better pray Lussick and Myles make a difference next year cause fk we need it.
Agree with all except your appraisal of Dunamis Lui. I really hope the club is able to hold onto him. He has had some games where he has ripped and teared with strong runs. Showed great potential. However the other night wasnt his best game. But as Global Eagle said, we defended so much, didnt have the ball a lot of the time.

You dont always need to make huge changes to get a team firing. Some tweaks, like the inclusion of Myles and Lussick as well as the blossoming of Jake and Lui, could just be the tweaks we need to take things to the next level.

1 Jake T must start.
2 J Hodges should be on the bench and playing at least 15mins each half.
3 Blake Leary is a quality forward. Defensively very sound, very good work rate, runs good lines and has good ball skills. He should be starting all the time as well. No correspondence will be entered into on this point.

I think you are being kind to Buhrer not having him on that list. Can't remember him touching the ball
It has been so long since I actually noticed Buhrer doing anything in a game that I totally forgot about him.

You guys are delusional if you think leary is up to first grade standard, he had one good game. he offers nothing in attack and gets out of position in defence
In what he has shown in the handful of 1st grade games he has played, I reckon he could be a great long term prospect. You must have him mixed up with someone else.

Playing musical chairs and shifting players around with any of our available forwards is still lipstick on a pig. Our pack is still going to be at best one of the worst in the comp. It's through years of bringing in journeymen who managed when we had some more experienced guys to support them. We are getting what we paid for .....

Lawrence and Starling will make a huge difference when they return to the side. Without them, our forward pack is very ordinary. I'd prefer that players like Mason and Mateo were used for depth only but these guys are getting regular game time with us.

In the short term, I'd like to see Lawrence and Trbojevic starting with Burgess, Starling and Sao coming off the bench.

The backrow are doing much better than our props and I don't think we need to make any changes there, aside from cutting Mateo.

Bring Hodges in and that completes a list of changes that will make winning games so much easier.

I asked Jace the other day do you miss Starling? He paused for a bit, struggled with the name and then said oh yeah, solid but he wasn't really needed. Fair assumption from a Souths fan and Starling is seen as our top prop. This is our problem. Would we care if Lui, Mason, Starling, Jesse and Mateo left? Not really but we would be spitting chips if Jake went. There's your answer on quality.

Starling has improved since leaving souffs and looked set for a good year.

Kite was 24 in his first year with us and wasn't setting the world on fire either. Plenty of debate over whether to drop him, hands like feet back then and a little undersized as he was transitioning from the backrow.

Good thing Jase has nothing to do with the team

If you look back over the past 20 years the grand final teams more often than not have 3-4 or more current rep forwards or recent (a few years removed from playing origin/tests) rep quality forwards.

Right now we probably have 1 (Buhrer) and even that is debatable as I don't think he's really peaked and his origin selection was fairly questionable.

Go back and compare our current pack with our 08, 11 and even 13 GF packs and you will see just how far off the pace we are and how big a rebuilding job is required.

Myles is a start but he's coming here for his twilight years.

Jake obviously has the goods but way too early for him to lead a pack to the finals.

It's ok to nab 1 or 2 guys like Symonds and Horo and play them around your stars (Gifty, Choc, etc) as they are solid first graders. But we currently have a whole pack and bench full of Horo's.

In what he has shown in the handful of 1st grade games he has played, I reckon he could be a great long term prospect. You must have him mixed up with someone else.
I was just going through the motions after the game, I really do think he could be a good long term prospect. I don't think he is starting material long term. We need some powerful running back rowers

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8