Worst game of football I have ever seen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The really sad thing is that we should be 6-2 and going into next week on a 5 game winning streak. We should have beaten Souffs and the Speels.

If we had won those 2 games we'd be equal second right now (but sitting 4th on possible F/A) instead of 8th with a chance of 9 depending on the rest of today's games. We need the Storm to beat NZ or NZ to win by less than 8 points to stay 8th at the end of this round. The St Merge vs Chooks game has no bearing on our position unless the Dragoons win by 75 or more.

Newcastle actually started with intensity & Manly were boring , but tough.
Plenty would have been down 1/2 time against an embarrassed , weak ....but stubborn & intense Newcastle side.
Manly were good in patches, poor in patches as in a mixed start to 2016.
Feel the attack with Parcel is 30% better with him there, but Api is tough & been a solid acquisition in his own right....just when it comes to adding points we win 42- 16 with Parcel such is his impact.
Anyways- happy to simply get the 2 points- enjoy the win.....

Newcastle actually started with intensity & Manly were boring , but tough.
Plenty would have been down 1/2 time against an embarrassed , weak ....but stubborn & intense Newcastle side.
Manly were good in patches, poor in patches as in a mixed start to 2016.
Feel the attack with Parcel is 30% better with him there, but Api is tough & been a solid acquisition in his own right....just when it comes to adding points we win 42- 16 with Parcel such is his impact.
Anyways- happy to simply get the 2 points- enjoy the win.....

Api got in DCE's way quite a few times today. I hope Parcell was on the sidelines only because his hammy is still being rested. Honestly I think over the last 4 weeks Api has flattered to deceive.

Api got in DCE's way quite a few times today. I hope Parcell was on the sidelines only because his hammy is still being rested. Honestly I think over the last 4 weeks Api has flattered to deceive.
Barrett said in the presser that he is banking on Parcell being back next week and went close to being right today - so it was injury related.

Newcastle wilted after that try on half time and Manly were adequate but no more. The good thing is that we are getting consistent go forward now so hopefully the polish will come from our halve to take advantage of that.

We're a mess, we've got no fluidity in attack at all and my heart's always in my throat when we're defending our line, this isn't close to a shadow of the Manly team of the past ten years.

Where in the top eight!
With the draw they have had with all the five day turn arounds not a bad effort.

Fark me, we win u all whinge. Just suck it up, its a hell of a lot worse than losing. We r 8th, did we get there last year????.

If u dont like the team, stiff sh1t, but thats what we have and slowly they are getting better and winning. Pretty or ugly I dont care, the draw has done us NO favours and they are doing our best

Look, we were below our best today and still won by 16, though against the Knights we were expected to win regardless. But, with the injuries to Snake and Tommy, plus Jorge being out for an extended period, it has come at a huge cost.

I don't expect us to beat either NQ or Brisbane, but so long as we don't get thumped in either game and we give it a damn good go I'll be happier than if both put a cricket score on us. If we can with either or both that would be great. It'll also be a miracle.

I am normally a glass half full type of guy but that was completely inept today in most facets. The play where DCE narrowly escaped a penalty for obstruction before grubbing kicking it straight into the waiting arms of a Newcastle Knight was easily the dumbest thing I have seen from him in 6 years of first grade.

I know we won and take two points etc but at the end of the day Rugby League is entertainment and this team is not enjoyable to watch; actually extremely frustrating.

If we can play like we did against parra except do it for the full 80 instead of 65 then I reckon we have a good shot at rolling the cowgirls.

I'd rather an ugly win than a pretty loss.

Certainly not a match you expect to be on the highlights reel for Rugby League. But nowhere near the worst game I have ever seen. To be honest there were a couple of games last year that were worse, games where I really felt that some players just weren't having a go, I certainly didn't feel that today.

We dont look slick, no doubt, but as the more realistic on here have acknowledged that was always going to take 8 to 12 weeks, and that was before we had injuries to DCE, Snake, Parcell.

To be 4 from 8 is a good start, and there is plenty of upside yet.

Worst game ?

People obviously weren't subjected to the Slime v the Riff either last year or the year before. 8-4 and the biggest bludger of a game ever.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4