Worst in a long time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
That was a pretty poor performance for much of the match. Some thoughts on some players:

Snake's first half was as bad as I've seen since that night at Suncorp years and years ago when he got the jitters and couldn't catch the high ball in the lights. Second half was much better.

Oldfield - wasn't convinced and still aren't. Don't like his reads in defence and feel he isn't flowing that well on his wing (at one point Whare had to give him a written invitation to come back in field as if Whare was heading out). Good try though, but was really a catch and run straight - Whare had done the hard work.

Darcy can be sold immediately to free up salary cap.

TRex - actually played well expect for ensuring that he gets a nice rest.

They outplayed us. They showed that potential the previous games and put it together. The doom merchants will love this but I'm seriously not worried.

Yes, but Cronulla were unbelievable. They will never play that well again.
What was the penalty count? I can't find it on any RL site. Do they keep it a secret.
It seemed like we got hammered again. I don't think Cronulla got pinged for being inside the 10 yet we got penalised about four times.
This was an ambush. Cronulla occasionally play well against us. We had no penetration in the forwards, except for T-Rex at times.
It was a loss, but as Paul Keating would say, it was a loss we had to have.

Why are people giving it to Snake? I missed the first 5 mins but from my seat in the Southern Stand I thought he kept us in the game (and not just through his try). Didi it look different on tv? I know he does a lot of stuff off the ball.

MadMarcus said:
Why are people giving it to Snake? I missed the first 5 mins but from my seat in the Southern Stand I thought he kept us in the game (and not just through his try). Didi it look different on tv? I know he does a lot of stuff off the ball.

I'm with you. About the only mistake was dropping an inside pass from Oldfield when he would have scored. It was a crucial error, but that's the only one I saw.

Btw The Who, the refs made a big effort to even up the penalty count at the end when they thought the match was over. It was no coincidence we scored all our points at the end. That was the only period of the game where we were given a fair crack.

The Who said:
I'm with you. About the only mistake was dropping an inside pass from Oldfield when he would have scored. It was a crucial error, but that's the only one I saw.

In the first half the Sharks put a kick along the ground in our 10. Brett dived on it but couldn't hold onto the ball so they ended up getting another six.

However it was still a good performance from Brett. That try was something special.

We lost one game in March, get over it, it happens. With all the traveling we have had to do this was always going to be a hard game to win.

The problem was Oldfield's pass - it was a speculator way over Snake's head while Sharks players were running him down. Oldfield should have hung onto the ball.

As for the other incident, Snake did well to get to it at all. It saved a certain try!

Man some people have high expectations...

Brett and a few others looked disinterested in the first half. We had poor body language throughout and had no ball it just wasn't good.

We rid ourselves of that and started playing better.

I though trex was amongst our worse. Turned over cheap possession. He almost cost us again on his stupid run from dummy half on the last tackle on our own forty. When he did get in space he took the wrong options and tried the wrong option nearly everytime and cost us possible tries.

Anyway he wasn't our worst but if you think he was pretty good then you are a poor reader of the game imo

Sharks played well. They are suited to those wet conditions. Didnt make any errors kicked better than us. Didnt squander any 5th tackle kicks. On a dry track would have probably been different result.

As far as Snake is concerned maybe he doesnt have confidence in his dodgy knee on a shifty surface.

Daniel said:
Brett and a few others looked disinterested in the first half. We had poor body language throughout and had no ball it just wasn't good.

We rid ourselves of that and started playing better.

I though trex was amongst our worse. Turned over cheap possession. He almost cost us again on his stupid run from dummy half on the last tackle on our own forty. When he did get in space he took the wrong options and tried the wrong option nearly everytime and cost us possible tries.

Anyway he wasn't our worst but if you think he was pretty good then you are a poor reader of the game imo

Can't argue with that. Some very poor options from T Rex.

It was no better or worse than the corresponding game at shark park last year. Almost a carbon copy performance wise. Both times Manly played utter crap for 65 minutes but came home strong. Last year our tries were near the posts, this year near the touchline. If all tries are near the posts tonight, we get a thoroughly undeserved win. Sharks played really well and deserved the win. I must add though, I am so glad I follow a team which doesn't carry on like we won a grand final when we win a game in march. It's little wonder the sharks have never had success when they are satisfied enough with a regular season win to carry on like they just won a premiership. I for one hope they never win one.

Couldn't agree more, although I did think Cummins helped them a lot. That knock on which wasn't called, could have led to a try to us. Oh well. We'll be better for this wake up. Just can't expect to run out there and win. I thought we missed Joe with his go forward and Glenn on the edges with Lyon. Next week, a win.

the poor old sharkies, let them have a frolic with a trophy. It's as good as it gets for them.

(and it's great to remember the fantastic steve rogers, the best player that club has ever produced by a long long way)

****house night to play after a 10 day layoff. we never go well on monday night away from home, i think we are 2 from 9 since 2007.

I think were being a bit harsh. In the first half we made twice as many tackles as the Sharks. Sure we dropped some ball but, the Sharks got all the calls and all the luck.

Thought our defence was great. In the 2nd half when most teams would've turned their toes up we just kept coming. In the end we were no where near our best and nearly won. One thing uv got to love about this team is that they never give up and always keep coming.

Probably harsh - and to be honest I don't think the loss (other than T-Rex's suspension) will hurt us that much. Better off losing games now like that then near the end of the season. It gives Tooves some pointers on what to work on and avoids arrogance/over confidence.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8