Young league player's body found

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
Chanel 7 Sunrise also had it.

Was just speaking with someone who said he was taking the short cut walking home after the Awards Night, so any speculation on here about the reason for this may have jumped the gun...sounds to me like a tragic accident....our thoughts should be going to the family and his immediate circle of friends.

Yes it is interesting to note the omission of a standard statement at the end of the articles (required by a code of practice I believe). Agree with your thoughts about a tragic accident - Whatever has happened it is a tragedy which his family must be struggling with immensely.

Very tragic. From all reports a good bloke and had a fair bit of potential as a footballer as well. RIP.

A sad day for us fans, but a terrible time for family, friends and teammates and others at the club.

My thoughts are with all those directly affected by this tragedy and I hope that the good times and happy memories he bought into all your lives remains your first thoughts of him, forever and always.

miket12 said:
Hi, I'm a Warriors supporter but I just wanted to add my condolences to the family and friends of the young Manly player. After the tragic loss of Sonny Fai a few years ago, I can certainly relate to the pain your club is feeling.

Thanks Mike, nice to have an opposition fan come on here and say good things (makes a change let me tell you!!)

Kylie Mitchell tweeted a lovely picture of him and her together yesterday, really makes u think about how quickly life can end
[/quote]

Yes she tweeted early in the piece that she had been talking with him at the Awards Night, I imagine the players would be feeling pretty shattered today....our thoughts should go to them as well.

I hope the club has a fitting tribute at the funeral.

I'm sure they will.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Just a pity the name is all over Facebook, obviously the downside of social media these days.

I agree Mark, Facebook at times has created more problems than it is worth. One of our KIA Soldiers details were on Facebook before the family were told of his death.

My condolences to the family and friends of this young fellow.

The police released the name to the media on Monday evening. The players all attended a meeting at the club on Monday morning and were told. The boys who were with him just prior to the incident were interviewed by the Police Monday morning and were obviously told.

So I dont understand why people cant express their condolences and talk about the the player on here.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
The police released the name to the media on Monday evening. The players all attended a meeting at the club on Monday morning and were told. The boys who were with him just prior to the incident were interviewed by the Police Monday morning and were obviously told.

So I dont understand why people cant express their condolences and talk about the the player on here.

Exactly.

Thanks to all for your kind words of support. An extremely sad time for us all.

Please know that we have yet to release a statement at the instruction of the police and coroner investigating the death. Your understanding and patience during this time is much appreciated.

Thanks Larrissa. Please express all of our heart felt sympathy to his family, his teammates and everyone at MWSE.

Thanks Larissa, absolute tradegy for the family and his extended Eagles family. I hope the club, and I'm sure they will, will pass on all our heartfelt condolences.

As for the reason for not naming him on here, really guys just respect teh process, the club and the family.

God bless and RIP young man.

Napper said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Exactly.

Me neither, now. We all who it is but no one wants to post the name first for fear of other members jumping down our throats. (like voldemort)

A shame as I'd like to hear tributes from those who knew him and saw him play.

As much as I respect the club, police, and coroners, I find the 'instruction' bullcrap in lieu of both social and mainstream media articles.

A statement of condolence does not interfere of affect an investigation in any way.

Tragic loss, and again my thoughts and prayers with the family and friends.

globaleagle said:
Me neither, now. We all who it is but no one wants to post the name first for fear of other members jumping down our throats. (like voldemort)

A shame as I'd like to hear tributes from those who knew him and saw him play.

As much as I respect the club, police, and coroners, I find the 'instruction' bullcrap in lieu of both social and mainstream media articles.

A statement of condolence does not interfere of affect an investigation in any way.

Tragic loss, and again my thoughts and prayers with the family and friends.
We are not facebook. What's your rush? See Larissa's post above. In this situation I suggest waiting for the formalities, out of respect for the grieving family. There'll be all the time in the world for expressing condolences.

Not facebook?

Lol, this site is about the only one in the world that feels it's maintaining some moral high ground for an illusionary reason.

I did read Larissa's post above and commented it in my response. Maybe if you weren't in such a rush to respond you would've read this. snap!

Pretty sure the family know already and probably don't log on to this site every morning to get Manly updates. Maybe they find it disrespectful that the forum of manly fans wont condole the player by name.

Certainly will be 'all the time in the world' as you say but you know, if you read the thread, condolences have already been expressed. Also the comment of naming wasn't originally mine.

However, something we can both agree on (I presume) is that tragedies like this one should put things in perspective and petty differences should cease.

**EDIT**

Look, In all the forums I've been on over all the years I have never entered a 'pissing' contest with any anonymous user simply because "Oh look, my words are on the internet, I must defend myself to the internet end of time," as people carry on ad infinitum.

I will not detract from this of all threads into a slanging match as it can only be deemed as disrespectful.

If you feel the need to push your case then by all means pm away to your hearts content.

The thanks and joy I experience on this day being able to breathe, reach over and hug my loved one and do all the things we take for granted, when a family is in mourning only heightens my resolve not to let the little things get me down.

So carry on brother and peace be with you and yours.

globaleagle said:
Not facebook?

Lol, this site is about the only one in the world that feels it's maintaining some moral high ground for an illusionary reason.

I did read Larissa's post above and commented it in my response. Maybe if you weren't in such a rush to respond you would've read this. snap!

Pretty sure the family know already and probably don't log on to this site every morning to get Manly updates. Maybe they find it disrespectful that the forum of manly fans wont condole the player by name.

Certainly will be 'all the time in the world' as you say but you know, if you read the thread, condolences have already been expressed. Also the comment of naming wasn't originally mine.

However, something we can both agree on (I presume) is that tragedies like this one should put things in perspective and petty differences should cease.

**EDIT**

Look, In all the forums I've been on over all the years I have never entered a 'pissing' contest with any anonymous user simply because "Oh look, my words are on the internet, I must defend myself to the internet end of time," as people carry on ad infinitum.

I will not detract from this of all threads into a slanging match as it can only be deemed as disrespectful.

If you feel the need to push your case then by all means pm away to your hearts content.

The thanks and joy I experience on this day being able to breathe, reach over and hug my loved one and do all the things we take for granted, when a family is in mourning only heightens my resolve not to let the little things get me down.

So carry on brother and peace be with you and yours.

Wow!! Truer words have never been said. Agreed 100%

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7