your ashes squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The problem as i see it is there is too much pressure on Ryder and Taylor as they have the class, they need a few others who can contribute consistently.

Could be worse, could be Qld, all out for under 100 twice yesterday to the NSW 2nds.

Fluffy link said:
The problem as i see it is there is too much pressure on Ryder and Taylor as they have the class, they need a few others who can contribute consistently.

Could be worse, could be Qld, all out for under 100 twice yesterday to the NSW 2nds.

The blokes are there, but the trouble here is that you really have to learn to play at International level rather than at 1st class.

Guptill
Watling
McCullum
Taylor
Ryder
Williamson

is a group with a bit of talent but will be 2-3 years before they find any consistency. Bowling is the real concern, there is nothing coming through

I vote for Mike Hussey to be captain for the ashes and then have the rest from the Queensland side that the Blues thrashed the other day.
On the subject of which good to see Mark Cameron come back and do some well.

Fro link said:
Or Jesse Ryder, Or BJ Watever :)

we just wont talk about Rugby, or maybe we shoudl after last night, only puts you lot up 4 Million to our 1 victory.

103 for the big unit last night, Williamson 87* at stumps

Amazing work to have the Indians 15-5.  Will be a fascinating final day, but I think the Indians will hang in there with eh bat given how thin the kiwi attack is due to injuries. 

If India bat a session, draw will be the likely outcome. We still have the ability to fold if chasing something like 200 from 60 overs as well. VVS will once again be the key and Harbajan is dangerous

Inspirational spell of bowling from my old clubmate, on a flat deck, nearing 36 years old in tough conditions and be all over the likes of Tendulkar and Dravid is a huge effort

Well as I thought might happen India have calmed down the next morning and put on a big partnership.  They've got Brendan McCullum bowling so its hardly Richard Hadlee running in to destroy them. 

Is so slow and flat

Been a frustrating watch, Harbajan has gotten lucky about 5 times with the ball landing just in front of the fielder

dont worry kiwi  aussie cricket is DEAD & BURIED  they are just 1 rung  higher than NZ in my view.. GONE  .. thats their karma for acting like big heads  & arrogant  pricks the last 2 decades.. didnt see the WEST INDIES acting like that all through the 70`s & 80`s..  when they were dominant.. &  you also wont see the west indies  bowl an under arm ball even though their cricket has been on the slide  now for over a decade.. unlike the fukn loser AUSSIE cricketers..  fukn embarassement to the whole sporting world that was.. but i cant blame them  they are after all pommY throw backs ..

yeah i  hate the AUSTRALIAN cricketers  as you can tell  the only time i go for them is when they playing the POMS...  my team is west indies has been since i was 7yrs old & always will be , even through these hard times..

jjai link said:
dont worry kiwi  aussie cricket is DEAD & BURIED  they are just 1 rung  higher than NZ in my view.. GONE  .. thats their karma for acting like big heads  & arrogant  pricks the last 2 decades.. didnt see the WEST INDIES acting like that all through the 70`s & 80`s..  when they were dominant.. &  you also wont see the west indies  bowl an under arm ball even though their cricket has been on the slide  now for over a decade.. unlike the fukn loser AUSSIE cricketers..  fukn embarassement to the whole sporting world that was.. but i cant blame them  they are after all pommY throw backs ..

yeah i  hate the AUSTRALIAN cricketers  as you can tell  the only time i go for them is when they playing the POMS...  my team is west indies has been since i was 7yrs old & always will be , even through these hard times..

Wow, so much hate... I find it odd that people suggest they acted like pricks, I mean some did, like Warne, but others like McGrath or Hayden seemed like top guys, I think it has more to do with individuals then the Aussie cricket culture.

mark taylors era was probably the best aussie side ever .. since he went it gradually fell..  not all them i knw rust...  im just bitter because my WINDIES  been in the cellar way too long..
it`s funny how you mentioned warnie.. i wasnt even thinking about him.. i dont mind warnie i guess when you can do what he does with the ball ..& how many games he actually really won for the aussies you give that kind of bloke a bit a lee way.. lol.. i loved watching him in ashes matches  .. the best ..

I thought the Waugh side was the best

McGrath, Gillespie, Warne and Lee in their prime with the likes of Bichel and Kasprowicz backing up, Gilchrist on the gloves with the likes of Hayden, Langer, Ponting and Marytn churning out big runs

waughs side was good because it still had the structure which was put in place by his predeccesor(taylor)....  like i said kiwi  each new capt let the team slide a bit after taylor..

jjai link said:

Quite an amazing post. To say Aussie cricket is dead and buried though is maybe wishful thinking. It will never be. Its run a lot better over here then in the windies for example.
Yes they are going though a very tough stage right now after such an amazing time with some many great players but I cannot never see it getting to the point of where the windies are at.

The one thing that has surprised me the most though out this so called bad patch the Aussies are having is the media. Boy are they quick to jump on the backs of the players. Yet for example Michael Clarke starts doing well again and he's a must again. One day you read how Marcus North has to be dropped. the next day he is the next terst captain. Please explain?

I actaully fear a backlash, Aussies crickets are great at usuing there mouths, but they are also great when it comes to talking with bat and ball. I hope its put off for a little while longer.
Ps how good was the union last night

jjai link said:
didnt see the WEST INDIES acting like that all through the 70`s & 80`s..  when they were dominant..

Your kidding arent you, they thrived on the machismo.

Viv Richards was one of the most arrogant cricketers ever, the thing is he had the ability to back it up.

They were an outstanding side, one of the absolute greatest ever, but lets not kid ourselves they were choir boys.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=185836.msg305814#msg305814 date=1289601004]

Wow, so much hate... I find it odd that people suggest they acted like pricks, I mean some did, like Warne, but others like McGrath or Hayden seemed like top guys, I think it has more to do with individuals then the Aussie cricket culture.
[/quote]

lol at anyone saying Hayden seemed like a top guy.

thats his media persona Volley, he worked out you couldnt have a media career or sell cookbooks by showing his true colours,

Haddin is the same, grade A nob, just turns it on when there is a camera around.

Haddin is easily the most overrated player in  cricket today,he isnt anything close to Gilly,Paine is a better keeper and a batsman to boot

Haddin is still our best keeper batsman, he is a far better bat than Paine, and there is not alot between them with the gloves.

Haddin is an outstanding cricketer, just a nob of a person.

Thats not to say paine is not a good player, he certainly is.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4