your ashes squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro link said:
Haddin is still our best keeper batsman, he is a far better bat than Paine, and there is not alot between them with the gloves.

Haddin is an outstanding cricketer, just a nob of a person.

Thats not to say paine is not a good player, he certainly is.

Paine can open our innings either fast or slow,Haddin can belt **** from #6 but not nearly as good as his predecesors Gilly and in my view the only thing he does good behind the stumps is look like Healy,the guy has iron gloves

yeah but the difference is you are an idiot. :)

Younger isnt always better, we are just lucky we have a ready made backup in that position, a luxury we dont have everywhere else.

Both actually, he is not the best keeper in the country, thats Manou but he cant bat as well as the others. Haddin is a better keeper now than when he debuted.

have a good look at him batting, he has one of the straightest bats going around, and is technically very good.

Paine who you seem to think is a cross between Don Bradman and Jack Russell, has a first class batting average of 32 and has scored 1 century, Haddin averages 42 and has 12.

Yes Haddin has played a lot more, but Paine is no rookie at state level, and Haddin has done it for a long while.

Paine will have a long succesful career at test level, but there are more pressing issues than to axe one of the few players who actually are succesful in the test side at the moment.

What next? Sack Watson?

Nope,Sack North,Siddle and we should make it back up
Whats Haddin vs Paine AVG at state level?
I dont think his quiet Don Bradman incarnate however he is more technically sound than a man who can hit over cow corner every second shot

Agree with North and to aleeser degree Siddle.

that was their 1st class I gave, wasnt fair on Paine to use test as he hasnt played enough.

nah have a good look at Haddin, his bat is very very straight, generally if he lofts it its down the ground. Watch him next week in the test.

Over mid offs head is a straight bat shot,cow or cowboy corner
its the most powerful shot in the game,he elects to use it alot more than i find intelligent as it does involve high risk high reward

Shane link said:
Over mid offs head is a straight bat shot,cow or cowboy corner

I dont know what you are trying to say here, but anyway.

just watch him in the test.

Im saying he is a glorified slogger not a batsman! which while brilliant to watch is technically flawed,He is Dean Jones/Gilchrist clone with less skill,ever noticed all sloggers brand of choice is Kookaburra? The only true batsman i can remember using one is Punter

I know the difference between a batsman and a slogger is splitting hairs these days but i just wish that he would take a little more time getting his eye in instead of just trying to belt everything,he gets frustrated to fast for my liking

Dont get me wrong i love my sloggers,they bring much joy and my favourite batsmen of all time (being somewhat younger than most cricket fans) is Jones,Gilchrist,Gaile,that kiwi bloke in close succesion with daylight 5th

The only batsman i can handle watching is Ponting,Watson and when he was playing Lara,players in the ilk of David Boon make me sleepy.....block block block leave block cut along the ground block,nudge for a single block block block,while i hate those types i think australia needs atleast one now

Katich, Hussey and Brad Hodge are all Kooka players, as well as a young Tasmanian you may have heard of by the name of Tim Paine... :)

or are they all sloggers too?

Katich,i cant remember.....Paine would be taking his spot in the order unless im mistaken,if his Watsons opening partner he hasnt been doing enough anyway

Hussey,which one? i remember a massive strike rate getting us across the line to a T20 world cup final

Paine,ive seen to little to make a full judgement but what ive seen so far makes me believe he is better suited to our team than Haddin

As for the Kookaburra rule,Punter is already an exception so Paine also may be,i know he opens for Tassie and behind the stumps im more comfortable with him than Haddin

On a more personal note,I abide by the Kookaburra rule....Kahuna test level (i cant bat well so when i hit the sucker i want it to go a mile),costed a mint but i love it,i know its not the same bat Punter uses,nor is it crafted to his exact specifications....i wish it was but it still hits like an A380 engine bill

You really dont help yourself by constantly contradicting your own argument and then not being able to beack it up with fact...

run along now, you bore me :)

hehe thats a scary concept in that case :)

At least we both agree that hopefully we will beat England.

I think our beating england depends on having parts of the mid 90s team in the current squad,albeit different players but the same basic team in its concept

1 Batsman
2 A boring batsman,defensive
3 Batsman/slogger mix
4 same as 3,with more defensive ability
5 Hitter of balls
6 Hitter of balls and second string bowler
7 over agressive batsman/spin bowler
8 same as above,less skill as is a bowler
9 again less skill but a bowler of high calibre
10 bunny but top bowler
11 Absolute bunny but accurate and fast bowler

Just attach names and we have a squad with 1 more than we had in that golden period,the one more is Watson due to his opening/allround nature that is uncomparible statswise from any player i can think of

All players must have fielding skill,not Ponting/Rhodes but atleast Hussey level

Actually I have more time for Shane after it than before, he may not have agreed but he didnt give up, and it stayed friendly without being abusive.

I might even stop smiting him now :)

lol! you have to lose some to...lose some i guess
I just believe that Gilly's successor is as useful as North behind the stumps,sure his got some stumpings and catches,but has failed that hard he hurt Watsons leg by association

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6