your ashes squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i know you werent, thats the funny part.

and sadly you may not be far off with that team.

they wont play Paine as a bat, 1 he is still out injured as far as i know and 2 we simply wont play 2 keepers, it just wont happen.

i think Siddle will hold his spot, the one in trouble is the Rug, he was shattered after missing out in Brisbane and has not been the same bowler he can be in this test.

Johnson is no chance, he hasnt bowled a ball in a match since being dropped, ergo has not proven any fix is even halfway effective.

Katich may be injured, and Clarke Definately is. but they wont leave them out if they can possibly avoid it.

Smith is a chance, but i just don't think he's there yet, but the options are not great. O'Keefe perhaps.

3rd Quick, maybe Copeland or Cameron, they are up there in the shield.

personally I reckon the following couldnt perform any worse

Hughes
Katich
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
S Marsh (if he is fit again)
Haddin
O'Keefe
Harris
Siddle
Copeland or Cameron

and I know it wont get picked.

P.S. Clarke only out for Injury sake, it may be that Katich is unable to play either.

yes i've dropped Ponting down the order a bit, if its Good enough for Steve Waugh and Allan Border its good enough for him.

And Shaun Marsh is a purely a name out of a hat as its in Perth. Could throw Khuwaja (sp) White, Ferguson, or anyone in there, hell even nick Maddinson.

something needs to change, a fighting draw in this game will only postpone the inevitable and paper over the cracks.

I wasnt suggesting to pick Paine as a batsman,i wanted him selected as a keeper,I want Haddin as the batsman,we've done it before why not do it again?

Our depth is being seriously tested in this series,i think we have nil depth

ok let me rephrase that.

They won't play Haddin and Paine in the same test team.

Even when Gilchrist was knocking on the door they never played he and Healy in the same team, one dayers yes, but not in a test.

But you are right in that there is no depth.

I think its definatly an option worth looking at
I was thinking Gilly/Haddin but i wasnt 100%
Why waste needed talent?

nup, same thing, Haddin played some ODIs with Gill but never a test.

if Haddin isnt keeping he wont play. IMO he is still a better option.

its all academic anyway as Paine is still injured.

fair enough.

and you may well be right on this result.

at least they may make changes now.

Speaking from experience,Johnson will fire the day he returns to opener,its a heartbreaking experience losing the new ball

A first change he is not

Johnson will pay another shield match before the next test.  Ponting wants him in the team, therefore its likely he will be picked unless he disgraces himself in the shield match. 

Haritz wont be far away from the minds of selectors if he goes well again in the shield game having taken 5 for at perth last week.

Could we talk Brad Hodge out of his retirement ? He could relive his glorious double ton at the WACA and he seems the form domestic bat at the moment (last two seasons basically)

Chip & Chase link said:
Could we talk Brad Hodge out of his retirement ? He could relive his glorious double ton at the WACA and he seems the form domestic bat at the moment (last two seasons basically)

He is over here at the moment collecting some coin in our 20/20 comp, probably more appealling to him. Good batting side he is part of as well, Warner, Gibbs, D Hussey and Hodge

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4