your team for sydney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lara was better but still currently playing is punter

Remember that cocky prick who informed an opposition player
he'd just dropped the world cup

Tandulkars numbers are fluffed because of the amount of time
he played bangladesh

ROFL that is a ridiculous call

He has played 176 tests, 7 of them against Banglasdesh. Only 5 of his 50 tons in tests are against Bangladesh

how many innings has tendulkar had? his few games against Bangladesh would have very little effect in the grand scheme of things!

H
Shane link said:
5 tons most likely not out against a team that shouldnt have a test status,thats pretty number fluffing

Haha, so you think that the 7 tests would have a huge impact on the stats of the other 169 he has played ?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293868241[/time]

Ponting has played 4 tests against the Bangers as well btw

Stick to knocking Haddin Shane, you only had me coming at you then :)

btw you are wrong this time as well, I never saw Bradman but Tendulkar is the best I have ever seen, followed a fair way back by Lara and Waugh.

Behind that is a batch of outstanding players of which Ricky Ponting is one.

Tendulkar is probably the best of his generation. I'd have Ponting ahead of Waugh though, not by much, but still think Ponting was the better of the two.

ive never found tendulkar to be that much better than some of the others but he isnt behind them either.

His longevity is sensational although he did have a bid of a bad patch a few years ago with injury and form aroun 05/06 and was still the most in form batsman in the world.

And for interest his test average with Bangers and Zimbos removed is 53.5

Chip & Chase link said:
Tendulkar is probably the best of his generation. I'd have Ponting ahead of Waugh though, not by much, but still think Ponting was the better of the two.

I'd agree ponting has more shots and pure talent, but for hard nosed bastardry and determination SR Waugh has no peer in the modern game.

Depends what a fan values more i guess..

Fro link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=186191.msg310760#msg310760 date=1293884676]

I'd agree ponting has more shots and pure talent, but for hard nosed bastardry and determination SR Waugh has no peer in the modern game.

Depends what a fan values more i guess..
[/quote]

Punter aint gone yet

anyone who can clock up more than 10,000 runs at over 50 in the modern game is doing something right

XX Deleted link said:
sorry Volley but they weren't between tests and they weren't at the MCG and Tremlett arguably their best bowler this series was playing. The pitch offered a bit to the poms early so smith and o'keefe had the better of the conditions. in the second innings when the conditions were equally as friendly for both batsmen white looked a class above smith! how'd your boy Khawaja go in that match again?

Sorry mate, I was thinking of this game.

http://livescores.cricket.com.au/scoreboard_2533_1.html

My bad. I forgot White tonned up for Australia A, and assumed he must have in the Victoria v England game.

For what it's worth, I think White and Smith are quite similar. Both attacking cricketers who aren't technically perfect, and great fielders. White's got a top cricketing brain, and I've heard the same about Smith at club level.

Smith still bowls though, and is 6 years younger. White doesn't have much room for improvement, while Smith is still only 21 and is going to get better.
He averages 43 in FC while White is 41.

Currently, White is better suited to Test Cricket, however Smith will overtake him imo within 3 years. I wouldn't have picked Smith this series, I would've had Khawaja at 6, and currently he's showing why. He is a class or 5 above White as a batsman, so your little dig in regards to Khawaja above looks foolish  8).

I only got as far down as the posts suggesting Dave Warner to open for our test side and thought this thread must be for the "joke section"

Speaking of Warner, apparently he is an absolute knob off the park as well, or at least he was over here playing T20 anyway, along with Gibbs

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8