Your top 3 Manly players.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
LK90 said:
Jamie
Matai
Snake

Same here.

3. Jamie Lyon did not have 1 bad game. What a sensational player. I would go so far to say he was the player of the year in the NRL, not just for manly

2. Brett Stewart. Solid peformance all year from the prince of Brookvale.

1. skivy. always at his rampaging best.

1. Jamie Lyon - Without this guy in our team we are lost
2. Brett Stewart - His reads in defence and attack are impeccable
3. Jorge Taufua - Only a handful of games and will get better he terrorises the opposition with his runs.

Worst Player - She Rex - This guy annoys the hell out of me he is lazy and doesn't look interested. Seeya big guy and good riddance.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
1. Jamie Lyon - Without this guy in our team we are lost
2. Brett Stewart - His reads in defence and attack are impeccable
3. Jorge Taufua - Only a handful of games and will get better he terrorises the opposition with his runs.

Worst Player - She Rex - This guy annoys the hell out of me he is lazy and doesn't look interested. Seeya big guy and good riddance.

As above - Killer, Snake and Jorge.
The teams downfall has been our forwards, and not enough go forward. We needed at least 2 guys consistently racking up 100+ metres each week but it wasnt to be, especially when the big games came around.

People picking Joe as one of our 3 best this year are having a laugh!

Don't get me wrong, i love Joe, he always bends the line, puts in 100% and does everything ever asked of him.

But he also plays about 20 minutes a match, and doesn' really create, break the line etc etc

Now obviously thats not his role and again i want to stress im not bagging Joe and all. He has exceeded expectations this year.

But one of our three best for the season?

I mean really?

Perhaps if you re-worded it to "which three players exceeded expectations the most this season" then you could argue a place.

I dunno, it just gets to me how some people are so one-eyed here

1 Lyon

2.Brett Stewart

3. Kite.

Honourable mentions to King, Watmough, Matai, Galuvao and Taufua who all had good seasons.

Players who lost impact were Glenn Stewart, Matt Ballin and TRex, these guys tapering off had a major impact on our season. I think Origin and injury claimed Stewart and TRex.

3 points - Killer - class all year.
2 points - Choc - maybe people are getting so used to the work he does that its going unnoticed. If it wasn't for Paul Gallen producing ridiculous numbers his work on both sides of the ball would be just about the NRL best. Second most tackles and easily our best forward for metres made. As per usual people seem to too easily remember the negative associated with Choc, but I'll forgive him the odd error & penalty (especially the penalty as most of them are undeserved). He's still a freak IMO.
1 point - Kite - only started to get the respect he deserved for his season late by the majority of fans but I think hes been pretty consistent for most of the year.

Honorable mention to Taufua for an excellent debut season. Should know the areas of his game he needs to work on but I'm backing him in big time in 2013. Also to Snake, probably made a few more errors with the ball than he usually does, but I'm excited by that to an extent because it means his confidence is getting back and like Jorge, I'm expecting him to have a great 2013.

We probably need a lift, in not so much performance but consistency from Glenn Stewart & Jason King as well as continual improvement from the youngest halves pairing in the NRL. We get that and avoid the injury and suspension horrors of 2012 and we're as good a chance as anyone next season.

Disco said:

Don't get me wrong, i love Joe, he always bends the line, puts in 100% and does everything ever asked of him.

But he also plays about 20 minutes a match, and doesn' really create, break the line etc etc

Now obviously thats not his role and again i want to stress im not bagging Joe and all. He has exceeded expectations this year.

I mean really?

Perhaps if you re-worded it to "which three players exceeded expectations the most this season" then you could argue a place.

Can you recall Joe falling off any tackles or making ineffective ones? How about any instances of him being driven back by the defence? Dropped ball and loose passes by him?

He has a role to play and he never falls short in rate of effort or impact in that manner.

He and Kite are our forward leaders and I have no issue with people rating Joe in their top three, given the 100% (as you note) he consistantly puts in for the jersey.

Hamster Huey said:
Disco said:

I mean really?

Can you recall Joe falling off any tackles or making ineffective ones? How about any instances of him being driven back by the defence? Dropped ball and loose passes by him?

He has a role to play and he never falls short in rate of effort or impact in that manner.

He and Kite are our forward leaders and I have no issue with people rating Joe in their top three, given the 100% (as you note) he consistantly puts in for the jersey.
I agree with what you are saying but can you think of a game that he has won us off his own back?

Joe's been fantastic this year, don't get me wrong, but i think in the role he is playing in the team its almost impossible for him to attain a spot in our top 3 players for the year as he is not afforded enough opportunity

Hmmm, that is a tough one.

Don't like to single out my kids, they are all very talented and special to me. But for the sake of the exercise..........

Lyon - A true legend, Ballin, Foran...!

(And then DCE and Buhrer...!) :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4