Zac Fulton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If Zac was a future NRL player don’t you think he would have been picked up by the Tigers when he was told to look elsewhere?

Anyway he has one final season to make a go of it or it could be a trip over to Super League for another chance

Zac was picked in our NRL team and did not let anyone down

How did you think Zac went against JWH on his debut ?

Was he overawed or over powered ?

Waddell was released by the Dogs and was picked up by our club because his sister is dating someone

If only Zac had a single sister

Have a nice day feathered friend @The Wheel :)

Waddell > Zac Fulton. Sorry but there is enough evidence to support this. Zac's effort against a much bigger man in JWH was both brave and commendable.

To say Waddell was picked up because of who his sister dates in pure speculation. More likely Manly needed a proven FG at the right price.

Waddell > Zac Fulton. Sorry but there is enough evidence to support this. Zac's effort against a much bigger man in JWH was both brave and commendable.

To say Waddell was picked up because of who his sister dates in pure speculation. More likely Manly needed a proven FG at the right price.
Zacs debut effort was commendable for another NRL appearance which he did not get even at a time we had injuries

The pure speculation is purely based on the released Waddell not in demand by any other club

I've only seen him play on his NRL debut in which he was impressive. He doesn't display top level athleticism but on that night he displayed top level heart, going toe to toe with one of the toughest and most intimidating forwards in the game. I really thought he'd be given more chances at NRL level. That said, he's played under two separate coaching programs since who have not given him that opportunity and they have seen a lot more of him than I have. Also it appears no other clubs are knocking his door down, including the Tigers where his father is head of recruitment, so that says a lot as well.

It's a shame because I really liked what I saw on debut but as I say, people far better placed than me don't seem to think he has what it takes.

It's a shame because I really liked what I saw on debut but as I say, people far better placed than me don't seem to think he has what it takes.
He was impressive on debut against one of the most Impressive forward leaders
Any one that would have seen his debut would agree

He proved that he had what it takes to take on the best on field
Giving a bloke one go that proves his worth and not giving him another opportunity does not prove he is not up to it
It defies logic

Played quite a few games [ Zac ] at centre for Blacktown this season also , good versatility to whatever degree but maybe not helping his back row development .
Certainly showed some promise in that i st grade debut last season ,
Sure that there has been plenty of attention trying to get him to another level or more improvement ,
Clubs makes these sort of calls on players for a variety of reasons no doubt and just have to hope that Manly does get it right more often then not .

I've only seen him play on his NRL debut in which he was impressive. He doesn't display top level athleticism but on that night he displayed top level heart, going toe to toe with one of the toughest and most intimidating forwards in the game. I really thought he'd be given more chances at NRL level.
Yeah, what really stood out in that game was his grunt and will to play footy, which was sadly lacking from many members of the squad at the time. It's still in short supply.

I also assumed we'd see him get more chances in the NRL, because on top of that grunt and heart, he was the kind of high-workrate edge forward we could have used. But he's been in the wilderness ever since, and his performances for Blacktown, while decent enough, haven't exactly demanded NRL selection, so players like Matterson have jumped him in the queue.

Bit of a mystery, really, as well as a bit of a shame.

Last edited:
I also assumed we'd see him get more chances in the NHL
Yeah he showed against JWH he could probably go OK in NHL @:D

nhl GIF by SB Nation

Zac is just 22, and does seem to have a decent attitude to the game, at least based on the one game I saw him play. And in the world of NRL attitude counts, it can get you ahead of others with more size, speed and even talent.
At this stage though if he goes or stay, all good. I wish him well either way.

Giving a bloke one go that proves his worth and not giving him another opportunity does not prove he is not up to it
It defies logic
He was given a go to fill in for 27 minutes during an emergency, and showed he could do that.
However it defies logic to say that means he must then be selected ahead of players who are better, but were not available during that emergency.

He was given a go to fill in for 27 minutes during an emergency, and showed he could do that.
However it defies logic to say that means he must then be selected ahead of players who are better, but were not available during that emergency.
Thank you for your reply feathered friend
and we will greatly agree to disagree with this one

He was given one go and he went toe to toe with the best of the beasts in the business in JWH

It also defies logic that a young goer was denied another opportunity that was given to a pedestrian player Woods who has been past his best for years having been retired from his two previous clubs the Sharks and the Dragons

Last edited:
Zac is just 22, and does seem to have a decent attitude to the game, at least based on the one game I saw him play. And in the world of NRL attitude counts, it can get you ahead of others with more size, speed and even talent.
At this stage though if he goes or stay, all good. I wish him well either way.
One thing I always think back to is Glenn Stewart. I think he was about 23 when he debuted and was relatively average at NRL for his first couple of seasons. So I try not to write anyone off too early!

I've watched him in maybe 20 odd Blacktown OR lower grade games, and he struggles in them, and gets physically dominated, particularly by bigger, mobile players. He was sent to the centres in my view because he was getting physically dominated closer to the middles. The fact people are saying Waddell > Fulton in our top 30 for me speaks volumes about our quality.

Yeah, what really stood out in that game was his grunt and will to play footy, which was sadly lacking from many members of the squad at the time. It's still in short supply.

I also assumed we'd see him get more chances in the NRL, because on top of that grunt and heart, he was the kind of high-workrate edge forward we could have used. But he's been in the wilderness ever since, and his performances for Blacktown, while decent enough, haven't exactly demanded NRL selection, so players like Matterson have jumped him in the queue.

Bit of a mystery, really, as well as a bit of a shame.
Agree Ron, although I think Zac could be a slow burn and maybe worth the wait. Next season will tell the tale no doubt.

22 and a forward....not every forward matures early. Not saying he is the next coming but also considering some other late bloomers we have had in the past some of the commentary is harsh.

As an example is Wadell a better option at the moment - yes. Is there more potential upside to someone like Fulton? Yes

22 and a forward....not every forward matures early. Not saying he is the next coming but also considering some other late bloomers we have had in the past some of the commentary is harsh.

As an example is Wadell a better option at the moment - yes. Is there more potential upside to someone like Fulton? Yes
Reuben Cotter hit his straps at 23. I see a lot of similarities. If Zac continues to work hard who knows where he could end up.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8