Zorba calls out Bunker howler and nit picking ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Skysports radio Zorba said if Garrick lies down after getting kneed in the face by Hughes it could have been 10 in the bin at least and that Garrick was too Manly to stay down.Also that Gee had an appalling game .

My view contrast Garrick with grub " the cheese " that lay down when he went to the line after running into Tapua and Sippers and got the penalty

The scum will get thiers ,we will take alot out of that game last night and our young guys will be more aware and prepared for the likes of the rule bending ,penalty milking scum ,not to mention the fact we have to make sure we never forget that Manly always has to beat 18 players not 17

Last edited:
Skysports radio Zorba said if Garrick lies down after getting kneed in the face by Hughes it could have been 10 in the bin at least and that Garrick was to Manly tol stay down.Also that Gee had an appalling game .

My view contrast Garrick with grub " the cheese " that lay down when he went to the line after running into Tapua and Sippers and got the penalty

The scum will get thiers ,we will take alot out of that game last night and our young guys will be more aware and prepared for the likes of the rule bending ,penalty milking scum ,not to mention the fact we have to make sure we never forget that Manly always has to beat 18 players not 17
On a side note - "The cheese" winking to his team mates after milking that penalty gave me the ****s.

I'm glad Garrick and Parker get up without theatrics. However if we play them again and there is something suspect then they need to hold their necks and heads to stop the game to have it looked at.

As much as i hate that BS, in big games they will decide the outcome.

Funny how not one commentator during the replay mentioned anything about the knees. Probably didn't want the bunker to hear anything.

Cheese will forever be known as a diver. The Storm will do what ever it takes ethical or otherwise to win. I’m glad I don’t support a team like that. Their culture is to cheat or deceive.
On a positive note, not only does Hughes have an unfortunate, poncy-sounding first name, his dullard parents decided on a preposterous misspelling.

Therefore Stupid has to go through life constantly spelling out his first name when he drops in at the VD clinic, at the local AA, et al.

I used to think there should be no theatrics, but I now think we are doing ourselves a disservice since everyone else is doing it. Garrick should have gone full soccer and rolled around in agony while clutching his head.

I have to laugh at the Cheese scamming a penalty and not being called out for it. So much was written about Sam Walker not playing 'in the spirit of the game' when he ran the ball back to his own try line to wind down the clock. All the pundits were shaking their heads saying "he needs to learn from this". Tsk tsk Sam, Robbo would not be happy. So what I deduce is that playing unconventionally is against the spirit of the game but scamming / cheating is within the spirit of the game.

The same can be said for Will Chambers. If there is this mythical "spirit of the game", how can his taunting and general grubbery be consistent with it? But no, according to the pundits he just "wears his heart on his sleeve".

So can anyone tell me what this holy "spirit of the game" is when it comes to Rugby League?

Oh yeah, and while I am irritated this morning - coincidentally I had too much cheese yesterday which has clogged me up - can 'we' stop calling it 'milking'? It's actually either cheating (when successful) or attempting cheating.

I used to think there should be no theatrics, but I now think we are doing ourselves a disservice since everyone else is doing it. Garrick should have gone full soccer and rolled around in agony while clutching his head.

I have to laugh at the Cheese scamming a penalty and not being called out for it. So much was written about Sam Walker not playing 'in the spirit of the game' when he ran the ball back to his own try line to wind down the clock. All the pundits were shaking their heads saying "he needs to learn from this". Tsk tsk Sam, Robbo would not be happy. So what I deduce is that playing unconventionally is against the spirit of the game but scamming / cheating is within the spirit of the game.

The same can be said for Will Chambers. If there is this mythical "spirit of the game", how can his taunting and general grubbery be consistent with it? But no, according to the pundits he just "wears his heart on his sleeve".

So can anyone tell me what this holy "spirit of the game" is when it comes to Rugby League?
Agree.The problem is though,players like Smith loved by the media because he’s a bogan and is not conventional,so they’re not going to go hard and risk not getting access to him.As for Chambers,I have no issues with his sledging,unfortunately due to the current rules he gets no retribution for gobbing off because no one will put one on his nose.

Same ol story if it’s a favourable player for the media not much said against the player . If it’s player they like to have a dig at everyone’s got to put the boot in
eg: below

Oh yeah, and while I am irritated this morning - coincidentally I had too much cheese yesterday which has clogged me up - can 'we' stop calling it 'milking'? It's actually either cheating (when successful) or attempting cheating.
Yep that’s it, dish the milking call and replace it with a penalty to the defensive side, that would stop wankers like the cheese and other dickheads who think that’s the best way to go, it pisses me off delux.

Also was it Bromwich who went down after haumole nudged him, leading the ref to find a non-existent obstruction?

It is hard for three tacklers to bring Bromwich down, but the ref was convinced that a nudge can do it.

The only player pinged in 2021 for milking was DCE early in the season, even though i don't think he milked anything. Every other milker has been rewarded.
I’m staunch mate, but I have to say I think he was milking if that’s what we have to call it, he over played his hand that day, which was why the ref reacted, pity it wasn’t more forthcoming to wipe some of the crap out thats sneaking into and becoming the norm in our game, we don’t want to end up as farcical as the soccer. Still find it perplexing though, we were penalised for that and look what we have witnessed since without a whistLe! Go figure

The Drizzle were canny and had this ref in their pocket. We need to do better with things like ball control and we will be fine.

I hate the obstruction rule. The cheese got away with one and that call came when we were 2 points down and on the boil. Straight after they scored and it was game over.

We were not at our best last night but I think we saw the blueprint on how to dismantle them. It call comes down to our discipline with the ball and our ability to defuse attacking kicks. Too many times we get that wrong!

Id rather lose gallantly than win being a cat. I hope I never see a Manly player lay down...ever!
@Snake I just wanted to say sorry for last night I was just annoyed at us losing and hated the fact we dropped so much ball and made so many errors and didn't mean to take our my anger on you.

I think reflecting on yesterday we are still a year or 2 away from truly competing for the title, just need our younger guys to gain a bit more experience.

If we don't win a title in the next 5 years with this group of players then I think it's an injustice..we have so much talent and so very close to being a serious title threat.

If he want to see theatrics watch a game of soccer or basketball. Both sports thrive on the mantra: there is no honour in losing.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8