Zorba Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would prefer someone that at least knows a bit about the game and can hold a converstaion about their knowledge. Would probably rule out most females.

More negative headlines for Manly.No wonder we're losing a $mil.Surely this could have waited til the off season,when it would be a nothing story amid the cricket and spring racing.Professional??

To lose your job over a comment like that is unbelievable. Dreadful decision to cut a Manly stalwart who is such a loyal member of the club. All the best Zorba and your heart has always been in the right place.

I had an inkling after listening to his emotional, and inspirational speech yesterday he knew something was up. Absolute tradgedy IMO. He may not have a title next year, but I guarantee Zorba will be at the club in some capacity next year and there after...as it should be.
I know plenty are not into Zorb as the media manager, but geez it'd be nice if you could just put your poison pens down for a minute and try and appreciate what this bloke means to Manly and vice versa.

Some how I seriously doubt it is over that comment. I'd say the comment was the final straw or a convenient excuse.

wombatgc said:
I had an inkling after listening to his emotional, and inspirational speech yesterday he knew something was up. Absolute tradgedy IMO. He may not have a title next year, but I guarantee Zorba will be at the club in some capacity next year and there after...as it should be.
I know plenty are not into Zorb as the media manager, but geez it'd be nice if you could just put your poison pens down for a minute and try and appreciate what this bloke means to Manly and vice versa.

110% spot on...regardless of the Gaffes, his role with the player group is second to none, had you been there yesterday you would have heard how he spoke about "his family"...he'll be missed

We all realise that budgets are tight etc, but surely his job role could be adjusted to reflect all the great things he does for the player group and a separate job spec be borne for the media managers role.

And surely that would keep him out of Perrys way.

He should have stepped down before he was pushed. He's been out of his depth as media manager and hopefully they will appoint someone with the skill the job requires.

Zorba may be a great bloke and if the club wanted him around they should of created a position elsewhere for him.

41 years continuous service, well done Zorba and congratulations for your service. Let's be clear - Arko, Bozo and Hasler love him to death and appreciate how much of an asset that he has been for our club.

OK, we get a new media manager that can get jiffy with it. Would of been great if he could have kept traveling with the team, but that's probably unlikely since he is getting a redundancy pay out.

Would love to hear him on the radio calling games.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
What was Zorba's speech? Would have liked to have heard it.

I agree, do tell Mark...

Also, Zorba if you read this your loyalty to the colours has been 2nd to none. Love you, or loathe you, this cannot be denied. You will be sorely missed and hopefully they still find a place within the club for you. Getting rid of you like this is a kick in the stomach to all Manly supporters.

Sad to see Zorba leave, he will be missed as it will be difficult for someone new to instil the same passion without having the history or rapport.

In saying that I can only think of better times ahead for the club and bringing it back into profitability to guarantee our future and continual success of winning premierships.

Zorba played in our first premiership winning team in 1972 and has given our proud club dedicated service ever since. Zorba is and will always be a Manly legend.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6