Zorba Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just my opinion folks but the more I think about this, the more my mind takes me back to the ill fated report that Zorba was responsible for compiling, following the aftermath of the 09 season launch.
David Gallop refers to the clubs report on the evening, as 'evidence' for his continued stance on the matter. Gallop may be a world champion prick...but he's no schmuck.
I think poor Zorba is paying a price for what may be collective 'errors of judgement' over a period of time.

patorick2010 said:
Lots of unhappy journos, their main Manly news source soon to be gone.
Is that the media managers job you fool. You obviously have an agenda so just spit it rather than dancing around it. R u tight with some of the faceless men.

eagles2win said:
mickqld said:
Renee Gartner pleeeeeeeeeeeease

Surely it's gotta be her.

Watching her on the League Lounge it's like she works for the Titans but bleeds Manly!

which is pretty much spot on. Daughter of an Eagle too.

WAMF said:
Just my opinion folks but the more I think about this, the more my mind takes me back to the ill fated report that Zorba was responsible for compiling, following the aftermath of the 09 season launch.
David Gallop refers to the clubs report on the evening, as 'evidence' for his continued stance on the matter. Gallop may be a world champion prick...but he's no schmuck.
I think poor Zorba is paying a price for what may be collective 'errors of judgement' over a period of time.
Agreed WAMF. I've been thinking throughout the intervening period that Zorba must have been involved in raising that report. Not sure it's ever been confirmed however. Gallop has been using that as his defence against Manly's barbs ever since.

Whoever wrote and submitted that report has a lot to answer for. (Maybe Zorba wrote it, I don't know). I can categorically state that Brett was not asked to leave the launch venue. If he had of, it would have been mentioned at his hearing. (The prosecutor was desperate for someone to say he was drunk). No such thing happened. He was asked to leave a subsequent venue with some friends, but the witness who asked the group to leave said, under oath, that Brett was not drunk. I can't understand why the club submitted a report saying this. Most annoying as Phantar says, The Goose has been using this crap ever since.

I have actually heard Zorba admit to having written the report. I have also heard him admit that he "may have" got some of it wrong or perhaps he may have just misinterpreted certain aspects of the evening? In fairness to Zorba, he has stated that he didn't stay for the entire duration of the launch event.
I have always believed the club made an attempt to appease Gallop with a 'damning' report but it had and continues to have, the complete opposite effect.

Just listened and he sounded very dejected.

I find it hard to beleive a spot somewhere couldn't have been found for him......perhaps get a new young **** hot go getter to handle the media duties and have Zorba as like a welfare officer for the players....I know they just love him!!

Anyway an end of an era....and almost for as long as I have been a fan he's been there!!

Agree Mark
Hope this new direction the club wants to go in does not cost us good ppl
If u know what I mean

Zorba's chat with Ben Fordham yesterday.
http://www.2gb.com/index2.php?option=com_newsmanager&task=view&id=10004

Mark from Brisbane said:

I find it hard to beleive a spot somewhere couldn't have been found for him......perhaps get a new young s**t hot go getter to handle the media duties and have Zorba as like a welfare officer for the players....I know they just love him!!

Anyway an end of an era....and almost for as long as I have been a fan he's been there!!

exactley mark there has to be some role within the team for him.

Good call Mark and lets just see what eventuates over next weeks

On the other hand, this might just give the team another strong motivation to win the Grand Final - to give their mate Zorba a farewell present and send him out on a high!

Mark from Brisbane said:

I find it hard to beleive a spot somewhere couldn't have been found for him......perhaps get a new young s**t hot go getter to handle the media duties and have Zorba as like a welfare officer for the players....I know they just love him!!

I just listened to it as well mark and yes he did sound down but its a credit to his character that he wasnt critical of any one involved in the club that he loves with a passion and he didnt spit the dummy and walk away. He will remain loyal to the very end just as he has for over the the last 40 years. A true Manly man a real Legend.

[/quote]I just listened to it as well mark and yes he did sound down but its a credit to his character that he wasnt critical of any one involved in the club that he loves with a passion and he didnt spit the dummy and walk away. He will remain loyal to the very end just as he has for over the the last 40 years. A true Manly man a real Legend.

[/quote]

Maybe he will wait until the season is over before he says what he feels, not wanting to disrupt the season. It's how the club should have operated as well.

I've had my say in regards to Zorba.
For the life of me though, I can not think of one good reason management would do this now FFS! Who ever's responsible needs a f@ckin smack in the head!:mad:

Check out Perry's interview on the MWSE site.

He say's there will be a place in some roll for Zorba in the club. Also say's the "good sort" call was not the reason but it was bad timing.

Whole club structure is being reviewed/changed.

I know the Marketing Manager also left a couple of weeks ago.

Sad day IMO. I think of him as a friend. Always treated me with respect.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2