Zorba's version of events in relation to our recent demise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
SEA Eagles fans can rejoice in the fact that all major decisions regarding football will again be made by people who are experts in their field in a meticulously chosen off- field football department.

Manly’s demise from a powerhouse to a club that failed to make the top eight in 2015 was a direct result of outside influences dictating who was bought to the club and who was allowed to leave or were forced out.

Some of those decisions were a result of board factions. It had gradually eroded the winning culture that took the Sea Eagles to premierships in 2008 and 2011.

Because of changes 12 months ago, those inside influences no longer apply.

Above is a snippet from his column in the Manly Daily, outlining his reasons for our demise. I read this and my first thought is that this is vintage propaganda from someone who has openly been disruptive during the recent turbulence.

For him to say that our demise is down to outside influences dictating what was happening is breathtaking to be honest.
The facts of our demise are that a group of disgruntled players got upset when the board in 2014 made what was a hard call to cut a legend and then fail to communicate that to the player group. What we saw after that was a destruction of the team unity that was the core of the success the team had.

2015 was doomed the moment our halves started looking else where and our management botched it by allowing the circus to continue on till half way through the season. The club actually had DCE signed last October by David Perry only for the new board to null that deal. Foran was lost about the same time and the club chased its tale in vain trying to keep him.

The real reason for our demise was the record injury toll the club suffered in the first ten weeks of 2015 and the management of the club hanging out to dry a club legend and used him as a scapegoat for their inept management.

It really disappoints me that Zorba again looks to blame anyone connected with the Quantum group as the reason for our demise. I know he is the mouth piece of the Penns, but seriously look in the mirror Zorba. We had the season from hell when every day just about a negative article about our club was in the press and being fed by parties who had their own agendas. Our club coach faced this onslaught with pride and dignity even when the writing was clearly on the wall.

We need to start the preparations for 2016 free of the back biting and dysfunction that has been the real cancer at our club and its time for the likes of Zorba to put the club first cause that is the heart of the matter from here on in!

SEA Eagles fans can rejoice in the fact that all major decisions regarding football will again be made by people who are experts in their field in a meticulously chosen off- field football department.

Manly’s demise from a powerhouse to a club that failed to make the top eight in 2015 was a direct result of outside influences dictating who was bought to the club and who was allowed to leave or were forced out.

Some of those decisions were a result of board factions. It had gradually eroded the winning culture that took the Sea Eagles to premierships in 2008 and 2011.

Above is a snippet from his column in the Manly Daily, outlining his reasons for our demise. I read this and my first thought is that this is vintage propaganda from someone who has openly been disruptive during the recent turbulence.

For him to say that our demise is down to outside influences dictating what was happening is breathtaking to be honest.
The facts of our demise are that a group of disgruntled players got upset when the board in 2014 made what was a hard call to cut a legend and then fail to communicate that to the player group. What we saw after that was a destruction of the team unity that was the core of the success the team had.

2015 was doomed the moment our halves started looking else where and our management botched it by allowing the circus to continue on till half way through the season. The club actually had DCE signed last October by David Perry only for the new board to null that deal. Foran was lost about the same time and the club chased its tale in vain trying to keep him.

The real reason for our demise was the record injury toll the club suffered in the first ten weeks of 2015 and the management of the club hanging out to dry a club legend and used him as a scapegoat for their inept management.

It really disappoints me that Zorba again looks to blame anyone connected with the Quantum group as the reason for our demise. I know he is the mouth piece of the Penns, but seriously look in the mirror Zorba. We had the season from hell when every day just about a negative article about our club was in the press and being fed by parties who had their own agendas. Our club coach faced this onslaught with pride and dignity even when the writing was clearly on the wall.

We need to start the preparations for 2016 free of the back biting and dysfunction that has been the real cancer at our club and its time for the likes of Zorba to put the club first cause that is the heart of the matter from here on in!

Totally agree ..... reading his article this morning I was wondering when is that fat f*ck going to give it a rest?

Come on ZtC defenders ...... defend today's article.....

The 2015 season has reached the point of who gives a **** anymore. We are now in what looks like a pretty good place with a lot of freshness to the club. Why people, like fat **** especially, need to rehash it is anyone's guess...

MWSE will never achieve its full potential, and I don't mean just on-field success, until ZtH has shuffled off this mortal coil.

For more than a decade, they (MWSE) have had the opportunity to spread the club's appeal across to the North Shore and the Central Coast, via clever marketing and outreach. How much effort has gone into using Hugh Jackman, a world famous (and very likeable) actor (who grew up on the North Shore) to spread the word? Virtually none. Sure, lip service has been paid, but little else. And one of the speed bumps has been this clueless drone, laughingly 'employed' as the media manager for much of that period. He has acted as a lightning rod for hatred towards Manly, with his whiny, breathless, outdated, triumphalist tone in print and on radio, turning potential fans away in droves - by spouting his usual banal 'us and them' twaddle that has made it harder to widen the fan base, our sponsorship base and attract funding for Brookvale Oval. The previous CEO was on the right path, but of course he had to go because he crossed ZtH and demonstrated that the 'Emperor has no Clothes' back in 2011.

But let's face it - Arko, Fulton and the Penn family must think ZtH's approach is ok. Because somehow this dinosaur is still acting as a mouthpiece for the club, apparently blind to the damage he has done along the way.

Last edited:
This imbecile has as much respect and relevance as Phil Rothtool.

Its just very sad he is associated with this great club.

The day he is shown the door ( a wide one obviously) will be a great day for this club.

I guess when you rate your day by the amount of pies you've eaten, it's harder to look forward to a brighter future than it is to think about that pie that left a bad taste in your fat mouth.

I believe the term you're all looking for is: Drama Queen.

He's got to be close to a heart attack

Leave him be and let his fat slovenly body do the work

I'm not saying i wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, i would however actively avoid the burning bits
Zorba says Wha !!! ?????

latest

He's got to be close to a heart attack

Leave him be and let his fat slovenly body do the work

I'm not saying i wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, i would however actively avoid the burning bits
Every time the girl that carries the pies and junk food up to the box he sits in at Brookie I think you beauty give them to ZtC and let him eat a few more ...... one pie closer to the big sleep for him.

ZtH is a waste of life - Manly's cross to bear for some inexplicable reason :cool:

The first paragraph undermines the Penn's rebuild completely. Same old vitriole instead of celebrating a new era :sick:

In reality, how many everyday fans believe what he writes??

I have hardly ever spoken to a fan in recent years that doesn't think he's a waste of space.

No doubt the casual readers of the MD, with no affinity to the club, would read it (or might read it) and believe his tripe but otherwise everyone else knows that's what it is, tripe.

It's an awful situation really

I know he loves the club and probably wants it to succeed as much as the rest of us

He's just a blind vindictive c u next Tuesday who doesn't realise he's actually very damaging to the club he loves

If not for his lust for power and revenge he'd be hailed as a hero which is what he was pre sort-gate

Every time the girl that carries the pies and junk food up to the box he sits in at Brookie I think you beauty give them to ZtC and let him eat a few more ...... one pie closer to the big sleep for him.
I'm not a ZtH defender, but it makes me sick to think one Manly fan can be wishing for the demise of another Manly fan in such a way. I hate the filthy purple scum with a passion but I would never wish such an early demise upon them or any one else.

It's time people on here got some perspective.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8