1 Million a season for one player wont break the bank explained

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe not, however their team has a lot very young talent coming through on minimum wage. Inglis is a freak player no doubt, but in a team with a good fwd pack, solid halves (one with an 80-85% conversion rate) and very solid players all wanting to play for one another Souths would have won last yrs GF with a player rated at half his value. The thing money can't buy is the team spirit they have.

I think if these other players that are on minimum wage had upgrades even a club like Souths would struggle to justify $1M for Inglis. I wouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him but he would be a great asset to any team

Souths poached Inglis back in 2012 when he signed a 5 year contract worth 800k a season taking up 15% of the total salary cap (the same as signing DCE for 1 million now) What's the difference? Titans are trying to buy a premiership winning side like Roosters and Souths have. Souths also signed Sam Burgess on big money and have continually been active in player recruitment. Same as when Roosters signed Jennings, Maloney and SBW on good coin to win a premiership.

Bulldogs, Souths, Roosters have all recruited heavily over the past few years. Most of their star players have been recruited from other sides.

But your right, Souths are a well managed, well coached side with plenty of spirit which goes a long way to winning a GF

The key being recruited over the past few years with plenty of astute buys which we have been unable to do due to the amount of our cap being tied up by several players. Each club bought a Marquee player such as SBW, Inglis and Graham. Perhaps focusing on one of our halves would have been good but that didn't pan out.

On a side note, do you think Zorba leaked out our Manly spirit to Souths!!!!!

For all those saying we'll have to pay overs cause no one will want to play here, don't forget it's not so long ago that no one would go to the Roosters or the Rabbits either.
Having said that, I imagine there's still plenty who want to experience our culture.

I get your point but I do honestly think money was the primary factor.

With a changing of the guard in the board room there is no more bickering, at least that which is reported in the media. I can only think the Penns have good intentions for the club when one considers the amount of money they have invested for which their return would be minimal. It can only be assumed they have an alternative vision or direction for this club which may have resulted in stricter negotiations rather than bowing to the players wishes. It takes time to build a house, brick by brick, and at the moment they are laying down the foundation. You would think what would have happened with the previous board is no longer which can only bring more stability......you would think.

Having both halves eat up a significant part of the cap will continue to see us struggle in the forwards when other successful clubs have focused on their forwards, Souths, Dogs and Roosters. This is why the money offered by Manly was lower by $200,000 to $300,000 each for Chez and Foz respectively and perhaps why they opted to leave.

I would have thought the strongest foundation would have been to sign one of these two. I do think management have good intentions, but I can't imagine they are sitting back now thinking how astute the decision to undercut these two by 200-300k a year was in hindsight. I bet my bottom dollar if one of these two guys walked into Kelly's office and said "produce another 300k a year and I'll renege on my deal", they'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

I am not overly critical of the current administration and believe they need time to clean up a lot of mess, but the best start to this clean up process, would have been to snare one of our halves.

Sadly I feel DCE is a lost cause. Joke Kelly and the Penns have moved on.

Paying Cherry 1 million is totally acceptable. Paying anyone else on offer today 700k+ to replace him is an absolute backward step.

Joke Kelly to the rescue. Not.

It's a real shame how the NRL are playing God with our competition.

They want a successful franchise on the GC, so they step in and use money generated by the game "as a collective" (of which teams competing against said franchise have helped generate); how is this fair?

All of the sudden the Titans have the money and resources to put together a premiership winning roster?

Maybe we should encourage our players to go on cocaine benders, boycott our home games, and we'll borrow 130 million to build a new Brookvale Oval, and just when it looks like we're going belly up, we'll reach out to the NRL for help, and they can make us a force again. It beggars belief.

I'm saying no players want to live in Manly because the house prices are over inflated
Foran could buy a house in Rouse Hill for 500k and have change.
If we bought a mid tier player from say Penrith on 200k, where are they going to live????
You are right again Chief eel . Foz could buy a house like this for 500k in the great west suburb of rouse hill and live close to a dick head eel supporter like you LOL
run_down_house.ce_.jpg

I'm saying no players want to live in Manly because the house prices are over inflated
If we bought a mid tier player from say Penrith on 200k, where are they going to live????
Fark you are seriously a knob. Truly in a league of your own. An elite farkwit.

The way you work out if a player is worth 1 million dollars a season is if a club is prepared to pay it, he's worth it. Pretty simple.

Personally I think in the current climate, this was the kind of offer it was going to take to keep DCE. It's a lot of money but think of the knock on effect of not offering him what he could get elsewhere. (Unfairly, I believe, but that's another story).

We now have to replace him. And one thing's for sure. He will be a worse player and won't have the ability to attract other players to the club. For mine, we shot ourselves in the foot. Bit our nose of to spite our face.....or any other appropriate cliche you want to use.

Listen derp heard, it would be almost impossible for a young an up and coming player to move to Manly and buy a property.
What would you know about property . Just go back and crawl in the hole you came out of you pathetic eel LOL
Hole_In_The_Ground.JPG

Hey knuckle head, I really don't like to boast, but you asked..

I Own a 4 br hm double garage 2 bathroom and second lounge and rumpus.
Run my own business, so I don't answer to knuckle heads
Nice Ve commodore Sv6 sporswagon.

Now if that's living In a hole, you must be 6ft under !! :flogger:
As I said you are an A grade dimwit. A colossus among dills and extremely transparent.

Now if that's living In a hole, you must be 6ft under !! :flogger:
Where you live is irrelevant as you are only a pathetic eel and it does not matter LOL
download (1).jpg

If I was an Eels supporter I wouldn't be complaining.
They've just signed the best number 6 the rugby league world has seen bar none. :talking:
You mean your team that is desperate for success who have only won wooden spoons in the last 30 years the pathetic Parramatta eels have signed the most overpaid no 6 in the world who cant even kick goals or has the individual brilliance of Johnathan Thurston .
You are no Chief Eagle . Every one on this sacred Sea eagle site knows that you are a fck wit that is full of sht LOL
imagesUUZFJP1O.jpg
imagesUUZFJP1O.jpg
imagesUUZFJP1O.jpg
imagesUUZFJP1O.jpg

Now if that's living In a hole, you must be 6ft under
Wonder how your employees feel about answering to a knucklehead?
Bull**** like the rest of your posts and WTF is a sporswagon... some sort of cart full of fungi and bacteria perhaps?

Wonder how your employees feel about answering to a knucklehead?
Bull**** like the rest of your posts and WTF is a sporswagon... some sort of cart full of fungi and bacteria perhaps?
That's it Moondog...go psychedelic on his ass! OK maybe not his ass, but you get the point.

Manlyfan76 replied - " It's an standard wagon"

Excellent grammar there manlyfan76, well said you imbecile.
Fair dinkum, like I've always said I've always loved the Eagles, but if it means being in company with morons like this, I might actually start following the Eels!:banghead:

Go Manly
Once again you come out with diarrhea sprayed all over your face. Proving once more that you are an international grade farkwit!

Fair dinkum, like I've always said I've always loved the Eagles, but if it means being in company with morons like this, I might actually start following the Eels!:banghead:

Go Manly
Just wipe your mouth there champion....you still have a little bull**** on your lips.

Dee Why

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6