2008 grandfinal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The 2 greatest premeirship achievements of any club in the history of the game. 1978 6 games to win that premiership. No team has ever come close to that feat. 2008 3 games 110-14 total score a record and a record GF win. Yet how much are they ever mentioned. Imagine if it was any other team. It'd be highlighted every year at GF time. It must suck to support anyone other than this mighty club.

Top thread @Cliffymagic - especially at this time of the year :clap: Wonderful memories of an awesome day and definitely one of the most extraordinary games in Manly's history. And being there is a special memory I'll treasure forever :inlove:

I had almost 300 there for the MWTS.

The day before I got a call from a couple in Perth desperate to attend , so gave away my own two seats in the hope the Eagles could help me out.

Rang the CEO and he said, “you’ll be right mate come to the pre game function we are hosting and I’ll leave you passes to get in and two tickets”.

I sat next to the Orford family, right on half way, about 8 rows from the front, Matt’s brother and Dad right next to me.

Surrounded by all the players families, it was indeed not only great seats but a fabulous atmosphere in that specific area.

What a day, what a finish **** the Drizzle!

The 2 greatest premeirship achievements of any club in the history of the game. 1978 6 games to win that premiership. No team has ever come close to that feat. 2008 3 games 110-14 total score a record and a record GF win. Yet how much are they ever mentioned. Imagine if it was any other team. It'd be highlighted every year at GF time. It must suck to support anyone other than this mighty club.

Agree, it’s never mentioned , almost like it never happened.

Of course we can’t belittle the next Immortal can we?

I unfortunately got stuck between Scumo Fans in Bay 108.:confused:

After Robbo's third try, I jumped around as I thought we had their measure for sure.:clap:

Scumo ' You have to be a f-ckwit to support Manly' :cool:

Moi ' I am that happy f-ckwit!' - then Manly scored 5 more tries -> happiest f-ckwit in Bay 108 :D

Scumos walked out after Bell's try and congratulated me (but I wasn't playing :giggle:)

Happy Days :inlove:

The 1978 Finals Series is still the most awesome Manly Premiership - actual blood, sweat and tears for their teammates, for three weeks of hell and ultimate glory :angel:

6 Games in 25 days to win the 1978 Premiership (12-17, 13-13, 17-11, 14-7, 11-11, 16-0) :party:

Last edited:
In '08 I was working in Arnhem Land, NT. Arranged with boss & chopper pilot to watch the GF.
I was a couple of hours from camp. Lat & Long got mixed up, pilot couldn't find me,
so I drove back, saw most of the 2nd half. A good day.

The 2008 win is still easily my most favourite. There are a couple of reasons.

1) we just breezed through the semi finals and every week the 'experts' wrote us off. Every game. It was hilarious. Week 1 we play the drags and they came 7th and us 2nd......they are faves?

2) revenge for 07.

3) I really just wanted us to be competitive. I thought it would take the perfect game from us, and a slip up from them for us to sneak home. How wrong I was.....yes we were pretty bl@@dy close to perfect, but we just annihilated them.

4) the score line. 40 nil.....I mean get out of here. Who would predict that? I still feel even now that score line is forgotten by experts when assessing the great teams of the last 30 years. To just put the cheating scum to the sword like that was off the charts.

5) it was against the scum. I cannot handle the deification of the storm. They have overseen the worst of rugby league....wrestles, captains refereeing games, salary cap rorts....but they are seen as the model club?

6) beaver. Nuff said!

What about sterling doing his best to ruin the moment - "Steve Menzies, who parramatta tried to buy early in his career". NFI about how to commentate - the best sports commentators know when to shut the **** up and just let the moment tell its own story. But he has to gibber on about some bull**** parramatta connection that no one but him gives a **** about. And that's after explaining how the ref took a while to award the try because he had to signal six again. So ****ing what you nuffty.
Yes, I remember around 1994, Stirling batching about how the Worms offered a certain player who had only played a handful of first grade games, $100,000 to sign on, and this player had the temerity to knock them back.
It was revealed later on that the player was Beaver, so the money they offered him was an insult, but they were still pissed that he didn't sign.

The 2008 win is made even greater considering how the team quickly rebuilt itself from 6 feet under in 2003. In comparison, Souths got re-admitted around the same time but took much longer to come good and only did so for a short period

Last night, Mr & Mrs Bradza watched the 2008 prelim final against the Warriors. That performance by Manly was almost as good as the GF victory.

32,095 there that glorious night.
28,908 there last night at the same stadium for a sydney team v an out of NSW team (at their regular home ground).

But Manly constantly cops it about poor crowds!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10