2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
manlyfan76 said:
How good if brisbane get none of their signings!

voicefromthehill said:
bones said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I read a brief story yesterday that suggested Jason Robinson has had some sort of incident, involving Badgers wife, and it is likely he is on his way out of the NRL

I wonder if it involved a beaver as well as a badger?

Was Snake in or out?

I think the hooker was caught off side!

Apparently Robinson was third man in.

MadMarcus said:
manlyfan76 said:
How good if brisbane get none of their signings!

voicefromthehill said:
bones said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I read a brief story yesterday that suggested Jason Robinson has had some sort of incident, involving Badgers wife, and it is likely he is on his way out of the NRL

I wonder if it involved a beaver as well as a badger?

Was Snake in or out?

I think the hooker was caught off side!

Apparently Robinson was third man in.

He's lucky beaver wasn't in the blood bin.

Whispers Jayden Hodges who will debut this weekend for Cowboys has signed for Manly for next season

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys NYC hooker Jayden Hodges has been called up to the NRL squad for the first time for Sunday afternoon’s round 25 clash against Cronulla at Remondis Stadium.

The 19-year-old will come off the interchange bench in his debut game with Rory Kostjasyn promoted to the starting hooker role, replacing Ray Thompson who is out for up to two months with a broken jaw.

A junior with the Cairns Kangaroos, Hodges has played 30 matches in the under-20s competition for the Cowboys, including all 22 so far in 2013.

He leads the NYC in most tackles made, highlighted by 58 against the Brisbane Broncos in round six, and is also top three for the Cowboys in try assists, linebreaks, linebreak assists, tackle breaks and offloads.

eagles2win said:
Rambo1987 said:
Sam Tomkins staying with Wigan

:(

Thought he might have went well here.

Mind you Wigan might be able to do the double this year.

That's a much better outcome than him going to the Bulldogs. They are fast running out of options to replace Ben Barba with. :)

bones said:
eagles2win said:
Rambo1987 said:

That's a much better outcome than him going to the Bulldogs. They are fast running out of options to replace Ben Barba with. :)

I'm not sure why the Warriors wanted him. Tomkins might be a very good player, but Kevin Locke is also a gun and a local. Really scratch my head sometimes as to how clubs look at their recruitment. I think we'd be in the top few clubs for recruitment.

I have noticed a distinct lack of threads on Manly's recruitment for 2014. Talk about Rose possibly leaving but not much in the way of signings. For next year we have signed that bronco D.... Lui, the cowboys rake, any others?

Masked Eagle said:
bones said:
eagles2win said:
Rambo1987 said:

I'm not sure why the Warriors wanted him. Tomkins might be a very good player, but Kevin Locke is also a gun and a local. Really scratch my head sometimes as to how clubs look at their recruitment. I think we'd be in the top few clubs for recruitment.

Locke is extremely up and down and has a huge ego, off the field have heard plenty of things about him

manlyfan76 said:
I have noticed a distinct lack of threads on Manly's recruitment for 2014. Talk about Rose possibly leaving but not much in the way of signings. For next year we have signed that bronco D.... Lui, the cowboys rake, any others?

Also signed a prop from the Queensland Cup, Tyson Andrews. And a winger from the Queensland Cup, Delroy Berryman.

bones said:
manlyfan76 said:

Also signed a prop from the Queensland Cup, Tyson Andrews. And a winger from the Queensland Cup, Delroy Berryman.

It is a good indicator of how good we are going as a club that we can be so settled in the player ranks
#UpYoursDes

bones said:
manlyfan76 said:

Didn't we also sign Josh Starling from the bunnies ?

Andrew.. said:
bones said:
manlyfan76 said:

Didn't we also sign Josh Starling from the bunnies ?

I think you are right Andrew.

Brisbane prop Dunamis Lui poised to leave Broncos to join Manly Sea Eagles or Cronulla Sharks

Peter Badel
The Courier-Mail
August 28, 2013 12:00AM
THE Broncos are set to lose their third topline player in five days, with Dunamis Lui to quit the club.

Manly and Cronulla will vie for the promising front-rower as Brisbane shake up their roster, with veteran halves Peter Wallace (Penrith) and Scott Prince (retirement) announcing their departures in the past 48 hours.

Lui is the latest NRL squad member leaving Red Hill after being offered a downgraded second-tier contract worth an estimated $75,000.

Facing a drastic pay cut, Lui explored his options by touring the Manly set-up last week and the 23-year-old could sign with the Sea Eagles before Friday night's clash between the Broncos and Newcastle.

The quick-stepping prop has caught the eye of Sharks coach Shane Flanagan in the past 48 hours, giving Lui added bargaining power as he decides which club can extract his full potential.

Broncos coach Anthony Griffin wants Lui to stay, but only a beefed-up offer would stop the Brisbane Brothers junior heading south.

“I don't want this to drag on. I've got an offer from Manly on the table and it's superior to Brisbane's," said Lui's manager Simon Mammino.

Dunamis Lui

Dunamis Lui charges at a Penrith defender. Photo by Brendon Thorne/Getty Images
. .
“Anthony (Griffin) has a high opinion of Dunamis and wants him to stay, but at the moment the planets haven't aligned with his contract value and the game time he is getting.

“It looks like he will get more opportunity at Manly.

“Dunamis doesn't really want to leave. Brisbane don't really want him to go either but at the end of the day they have made their mind up on where he sits in the pecking order of front-rowers and I base that on the deal they have offered.

“I have asked Brisbane to consider a two-year deal to keep him here, but it looks like they are sticking to a one-year deal.

“He's been at Brisbane for a few years and they know what Dunamis can do, but now Martin Kennedy (Roosters signing) is on board for next season.

“Dunamis isn't shying away from a challenge but when you have your salary cut in half, it doesn't leave him many options."

Money aside, a sticking point is Lui's lack of game time. From his first eight games this season, the 108kg Samoan World Cup hopeful tallied 111 minutes of action at an average of 13 minutes a game.

Griffin has given Lui greater exposure in the past three weeks, averaging 32 minutes, but it may be too little, too late.

“Manly have indicated Dunamis will be a regular in their 17-man squad and he isn't getting that certainty at Brisbane," Mammino said.

“He feels he needs more game time. He's done his apprenticeship at the Broncos, but the fact that's he's going back to second-tier money is an indicator of where he sits at the Broncos.

“He loves the Broncos but he is ready to go to the next level as a first-grader."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-prop-dunamis-lui-poised-to-leave-broncos-to-join-manly-sea-eagles-or-cronulla-sharks/story-fndv2w3r-1226705224909

That's possibly why George has no offer from us. How bad is Badel's journalism? He just copies what the manager says word for word, including the same point repeated over and over. I guess it fills column space.

23 is about when a prop matures, right?

Courier Fail aside, I do hope that the article is just manager talk. I'm not a big fan of Lui & was under the impression that he'd be coming here to fight for the 4th prop spot. The bloke hasn't shown anything in the NRL. I'd love to be proven wrong but he just seems like a bit of a plodder.

Have seen worse turn into solid players under the Manly system.
Have kept an eye out during Brocs games since this link weeks ago & he seems fairly rugged, but misses a few tackles & did not penetrate as much as expected in those particular games.

“I don't want this to drag on. I've got an offer from Manly on the table and it's superior to Brisbane's," said Lui's manager Simon Mammino.

Hmm surperior offer? No offence to Lui but I'm not sure about him, I hope we offered him him 2 peanuts a season as opposed to the Broncos offer of one peanut season.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10