2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
MK Eagle said:
Have seen worse turn into solid players under the Manly system.
Have kept an eye out during Brocs games since this link weeks ago & he seems fairly rugged, but misses a few tackles & did not penetrate as much as expected in those particular games.
MK, from what you have seen of this guy do you think he has more to offer than Rose ?

BOZO said:
MK Eagle said:
Have kept an eye out during Brocs games since this link weeks ago & he seems fairly rugged, but misses a few tackles & did not penetrate as much as expected in those particular games.
MK, from what you have seen of this guy do you think he has more to offer than Rose ?
Tbh I am a Rose fan - not the conventional build of the modern foward but ALWAYS adds go foward & replays of opposition tries rarely show him up - if its a supposed exchange for big George its thumbs down for mine.

BOZO said:
MK Eagle said:

and this should be important as Rose is desperate to stay and lui doesn't really want to leave brisbane

^ Yep, I'd much rather have someone who's said he "bleeds maroon and white" than someone from Brisbane who'd prefer to be somewhere else. That said, before we sign any other front rowers we should have Trbojevic tied up long term.

bones said:
Graham Annelsey is the new CEO of the Gold Coast Titans.

is that a quick exit because he has realised what a dud idea it was to have all teams in Sydney playing out of two stadiums. good riddance to bad rubbish. Guessing the attendance numbers at skilled stadium will be 30K plus for the next few years

Ron E. Gibbs said:
^ Yep, I'd much rather have someone who's said he "bleeds maroon and white" than someone from Brisbane who'd prefer to be somewhere else. That said, before we sign any other front rowers we should have Trbojevic tied up long term.

Trbojevic should be given a top line long term contract asap before someone like Sydney City grab him. He is something special, maybe our next Roy Bull. We cant afford to lose him. Same applies to Gutherson, who will be like Hiku a regular replacement in our three quarters within the next year I'd say. Icant believe Manly havent acted on these two by now. They have only one more year on their contract and vultures (dogs and chickens) are gathering

You're right bearfax, but it is difficult to contract players properly at that age. A 2 year contract at 17 (I think that's what they both got?) gets them to 19, i.e. holden cup cut-off. The kids & club were possibly unable commit for longer at that age because after 19 they would be on a different tier, and they'd want to renegotiate their worth at that time. Two years is a long time in a kid's eyes. I am sure the club has big plans for them and won't sit back for too long.

Barba officially signs with broncos. Dogs grant him release for next season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ben-barba-signs-for-the-brisbane-broncos-after-being-granted-release-from-bulldogs/story-fni3fbgz-1226705763998

Clint said:
Next announcement will be Folau to be a dog.

Not according to the SMH. They quote the dogs CEO who says "My understanding is that Israel Folau is going to sign for rugby and that's where it's at," Castle said. "There should be an announcement any day."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/israel-folau-likely-to-resign-with-rugby-any-day-20130828-2sqcc.html#ixzz2dFP1VCOp

Rambo1987 said:
Ferguson to Dogs

He will follow a fine tradition of bulldogs players that are upstanding citizens that respect females and the community as a whole - a neat replacement for Ben "I have serious issues (that can be fixed in a few weeks)" Barba

Rambo1987 said:
Ferguson to Dogs

Isn't he being guided by Anthony Mundine?. Mundine was the one who convinced SBW to walk out on the Bulldogs. Why would he tell Ferguson to go there?

RLW's Mole

Wolf Cops A Wage Cut

Manly have made David Williams an offer to remain at Brookvale - but it will involve a serious pay cut. The Wolfman is is on around $250,000, while Manly's current offer is around the $150,000 mark - leaving the popular winger with a tough decision to make.

Well....it's a hell of an effort for fundrazr if we wanna raise the extra 100k!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10