2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wouldn't it be good if the media had to name their sources.
It'd be only one of two options.
i) made up
ii) silvertails.

Hi Phil!

Sheikheagle said:
Good mail that Ben Hannant will be in maroon & white in 2015

I heard the same thing.

My source is the same as Rothfields, I was sitting upon the throne and in a moment of pressure I heard a voice say "Ben Hannant will be in maroon & white in 2015.";)

RiverEagle said:
Just reading through the last few pages of this Thread, could everyone actually say where they "saw" or "read" or even "heard" their rumour please.

Two recent ones I'd be interested in (the "source") were Dan Hunt and Trent Merrin from the Dragons.

Mary (McGregor) might genuinely be putting-his-broom through the place right now.

But knowing the "source" of one of our rumours does help a bit (as for how legit or not it may be goes).

Well, for me it does.

I agree but.....

ah hahahahahahaha.... but but but Mr RE that means most people would have to name their 'lame' errr I mean highly accurate sources!

Quite often we hear 'I've heard from a good source...or a source close to the club....' but when the news doesn't eventuate, no one comes on and says...well that was false. Actually I think womat gc has been the only one who has said...well my source...who was such and such was full of it!

Additionally people think just because someone 'close' has told them...that they haven't told a white lie, assume they are correct, or haven't gotten the info from another source.

Then again, calling people out on their sources usually leaves them indignant; "fine, don't believe me then", "what would you know champ", "I don't care if you believe me, I know what I know" etc etc etc.

Plus people make up stuff. I even said Hiku had signed pre-signing like I knew what I was on about. He did.....but I've heard from a good close reliable source that he read my posts and respects me that much that he signed on the spot.

Notice that Jax24 is his uncle....but he didn't post 'rumours' on a public forum....and he'd probably know what really was going on.

Wow...what a lot of waffle (mmmm waffles).

TLDR??

- Posters don't name sources because it's inconvenient to the substance of the post.

[attachment=887]

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1
I understand your point @globaleagle and agree it can largely be pointless, especially where "hearsay" is concerned.

To refine it further, I'm also referring to people who often say I "read" or "saw" (a rumour). Largely that would mean it's published and/or broadcast somewhere. Public knowledge or domain carries no conflict of interest there at all.

Now with this double-whammy of waffle-talk, luckily I'm going out for lunch!

(Not for waffles specifically though, lol)

Hannant wouldn't be a bad signing IMO. Still has good leg speed and tends not to get rolled on his back. If Matai must truly leave, then Hurrell is about as good a replacement as we could hope for. At least in attack...

Catalan Dragons scrum-half Sam Williams has signed a two-year contract to return to Canberra Raiders.

The 23-year-old joined the French club in June and had hoped to earn a permanent contract but the arrival of former Cronulla Sharks star Todd Carney has signalled an end to his spell at Stade Gilbert Brutus.

The Who said:
KaZa said:
Hoppa would be a great replacement if Matai leaves.

I disagree. I don't think he's been impressive at all this season. He obviously has the latent talent, but the two years away from the game have hurt his development.

Sounds about right, he should be in fire by the time he comes back to us in 2016. :)

The Who said:
KaZa said:
Hoppa would be a great replacement if Matai leaves.

I disagree. I don't think he's been impressive at all this season. He obviously has the latent talent, but the two years away from the game have hurt his development.

Sounds about right, he should be on fire when he comes back to us in 2016 :)

Harry said:
Zero Tackle: Latest rugby league news and rumours
www.zerotackle.com/
Foran going to the Dogs ???

Would be an absolute shame if this ever came to fruition. I see Foran as number 1 priority going forward.

Maybe one day some players will want to stay on the beaches.

I have a feeling that the one person who probably has the biggest reason to leave is the only one who won't. Brett Stewart.

Andrew.. said:
Harry said:
www.zerotackle.com/

Would be an absolute shame if this ever came to fruition. I see Foran as number 1 priority going forward.
I agree. Its not going to be pretty at the end of the season. I am hearing there are a lot of problems with Middle Management at the club and not so much at board level.

Andrew.. said:
Harry said:
www.zerotackle.com/

So they move the current State of Origin 5/8 where? Plus, they are still in the comp. If they beat us this weekend, they could well play in the grand final and win it.

Yeah, real smart to break up Hodko and Reynolds. Dumb. I hope they do. Would be moronic.

Give you a tip, they would NOT be happy thinking their positions are under threat from Foran, given their effort and heart this year.

What im saying is this is a dumb, player manager lead rumor that makes no sense.

Manly need to sit everyone down and get them to commit or negotiate a release fee in the off season :idea: Those that commit should hold a Presser and state it to the Fans.

Foz going to a control freak who fires people to make room for him sounds irrational :cool:

I have no doubt that every Manly Player wants to win another GF this year as they know the strength of this Team. :)

Ryan said:
Hannant is a like for like swap for Jason King. No better, no worse. We still need to replace Gift and Choc.

True that. Chee Kam for Watmough...? More of a runner/ball player than an enforcer though...

I think Buhrer has taken on the mantle of becoming the next Gift.

Funny how we have churned through a number of COO, CEO's etc (which have been the "cause" of the problem) but the only constant has been the board...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10