2015 Tipping Comp Open

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
s'funny how I can't see the score that I picked for the bonus game. Should I be getting an email after I enter my tips like last year? Or yadda yadda yadda

If you know and your name is Dan.....feel free to say hi to your children, wife, and or have dinner first as it's not even 8pm there yet :)

edit: or not

Last edited:
Got my first email reminder about putting tips in, so that's working. :)

Just gunna assume I won last week and it blew c and c's mind out! :giggle:

When I look at the Week 2 leaderboard I see The Mid Dog on top.

Fair enough.

1) There's been no announcement so just kinda flying blind. Understand totally that people are busy.

2) We both got the same points last week and I'm pretty sure I picked the right margin mid dog may have even got the right score!....but as we can't see our margins we picked I could be wrong

3) Week 3 (overall) had me on top so I posted from that.

4) Can't use the pass anyway but it's Wednesday so guessing, if there still is a weekly winner, time is running out anyway.

listing things in point form sometimes comes across as demanding and douche-y. I'm not trying to be that, sorry if that's the inference I just enjoyed the weekly winners announcement from last year as I thought it kept interest up and as has been said, this is a good source of income for the site.

However,everyone carry on, as there's no such thing as week 2 tipping comp premiers!

Last edited:
Mate I just don't have time at the moment to do the weekly wraps, so I apologise for that. I will get it back up and running as soon as I can (i.e. when work and kids gives me my life back). Happy to accept volunteers for the task.

As far as margins are concerned, we are trying to iron out a couple of bugs with that. Given that we have gone with a new system this season there were bound to be a couple of teething problems. You could well be the weekly winner, as could Mid Dog or Sheridan Stand or Moondog. Dan is as equally under the pump, probably more so then me, so it's on the to do list

Stop being demanding and douche-y ;)

If there's a couple of bugs that could explain why I wasn't the weeks winner.
Or ...maybe just my inferior tipping. :thumbsdown:

Ok, Dan has ironed out the bugs in the margin calculations so I can now determine the Week 2 winner. Picking 7 from 8, and the margin between the Chooks and Rabbits was spot on, so a great effort

Congrats @globaleagle , you have indeed taken home the chocolates this week. The chocolates actually look like a double pass to Brookie and they taste a bit like cardboard, but chocolates no less.

The prize is transferable, or can be used at any home game this season if you are planning a trip back. PM (Convo) me and let me know what you wish to do mate.

Big up to @The Mid Dog , @Moondog and @sheridanstand78 , who also all managed to pick 7 from 8 this week.

Thanks and yet alas......I can't use the amazing prize of a double pass to brookie.

First deserving person to pm chip and chase wins it and a lifetime of my envy!

Thanks always to Mr chip and chase for his wonderful efforts. Edit: And Dan too of course.

I put some thoughts into this weeks tipping...so it'll be back to 1 or 2 points for me!

party on!

Last edited:
You will all notice that there is something awry with the scores. The week scores don't match up with your overall scores.

This is because I have just completed the code that displays the weekly scores and this has the bonus point if you picked the correct team in the bonus game. (you get an extra point)

however to do that for the overall scores is somewhat more complicated and I am still figuring that out. I should have it sorted by some time next week.

Dan

I had a brainwave and seem to have figured out how to do it all easily. Proof again that sleeping on a coding issue provides the answer.

Anyway keep an eye on it and let us know but it appears to be working correctly

Well....we better say 'you're a genius' in case you haven't had your coffee yet!

Good stuff!

GE you should have just got a nice frame for it and mounted it on your wall. Likely to be your first and last!! :rofl:@;):snooze:@:blush::banghead:@:p

Hardy har har! :p@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes::confused:

I didn't think of that though, sheesh. I know I've gotten at least one before...so ummm...so there!

I dunno if anyone has even claimed the ticket yet.

:alarmclock::anchor::hearnoevil::flagstick::microphone::moviecamera::key::orangebook::openlock::openlock::satellite::rugby::roundpushpin::roundpushpin::television:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8