2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Can't we just do this year?
Hiku would do well with an offseason hanging off Joey's hip. That's what - 5 months of tutelage. Probably too late now. If Foz had spoken up about his cafe special when he'd actually agreed to it, Hiku could have worked on his ball playing in the offseason. Alas Foz screwed us so it will have to wait.

Personally, I'd like to see Hiku move to the 6 and excel just to **** over Foz's rep career...

For me i think we keep lyon at five eighth and put elgey at half, if we can sign a experienced half on the market itd be maloney. Hodkinson would do well as well i think you guys are playing him down a lot, but yes he wouldnt be first choice. Sezer could go alright as well but would rather put lyon and hiku at 6. May as well go in for jayden nikorima even though its unlikely. Elgey is a must though.

For what its worth, this was taken from LU (which means its worth nothing)

Maloney - Manly announcement next week.

Followed up by

Originally Posted by Captain Apollo
Your source for this? Maloney has been very public in his statements (to date) that he wants to stay at the Roosters.
------------------------------------------------------------
Just got a call from a client - a Manly sponsor, they are after Elgey, Sezer Or Hodkinson as the 7 & too. Tom Burgess just about a done deal as well.

Just putting it out there on a rumours thread.

Lovefooty mentioned previously that manly downgraded DCE's contract so that they could increase Brett Stewart's.

Comments yesterday on the roar seem to confirm this:
  • The real story will come out one day why DCE is leaving Manly and it has everything to do with a high profile official.
  • leave names out of it, but I cannot believe that DCE was asked to take a pay cut for other players when he was already on 50% of his worth
  • Will DCE stay? Not ganna happen unless a certain official leaves
Kelly or Zorba the unnamed high profile official?

2016 Team

Stewart
Gutherson
Hiku
Matai
Taufua
Maloney
Sandow ( to be announced 2y deal)
Lawrence
Ballin
Rose
Mateo
Symonds
Lyon

Buhrer
Lui
Sene Lefao
Horo

I'm hoping this would go close to at least a top 4 position.
I know I'm going to cop flak for including Rose, but he's heart is with Manly and played his best whilst in the Maroon.
So according to your genius logic we will spend 2M of cap space on Sandow/Maloney and George Rose, and top it off by shifting Buhrer to the bench?

I mean I get you're trying to rile people up by repeatedly saying Sandow is a done deal but can you come up with anything better? It's pretty weak sauce from a pretty weak source (FYI they mean different things)

Lovefooty mentioned previously that manly downgraded DCE's contract so that they could increase Brett Stewart's.

• The real story will come out one day why DCE is leaving Manly and it has everything to do with a high profile official.
  • leave names out of it, but I cannot believe that DCE was asked to take a pay cut for other players when he was already on 50% of his worth
So when they tabled the new offer to DCE it was lower than what he is currently on?

2016 Team

Stewart
Gutherson
Hiku
Matai
Taufua
Maloney
Sandow ( to be announced 2y deal)
Lawrence
Ballin
Rose
Mateo
Symonds
Lyon

Buhrer
Lui
Sene Lefao
Horo

I'm hoping this would go close to at least a top 4 position.
I know I'm going to cop flak for including Rose, but his heart is with Manly and played his best whilst in the Maroon.
Sounds like you have a really good knowledge of the game and I think you should be captain coach of a bunch of morons .
laughing_and_pointing_emoticon_312207.jpg

For what its worth, this was taken from LU (which means its worth nothing)

Maloney - Manly announcement next week.

Followed up by

Originally Posted by Captain Apollo
Your source for this? Maloney has been very public in his statements (to date) that he wants to stay at the Roosters.
------------------------------------------------------------
Just got a call from a client - a Manly sponsor, they are after Elgey, Sezer Or Hodkinson as the 7 & too. Tom Burgess just about a done deal as well.

Just putting it out there on a rumours thread.
elgey definitely, please toovs

So when they tabled the new offer to DCE it was lower than what he is currently on?
Yes that is the word. Hence why DCE said that he was all ready to sign a new contract last year but things chanced when Penns took full control and apparantly their offer was less than he was previous offered by Manly

sandow no. Big Georgey Rose cant play more than 5 mins, but if we have a spare 20k why not hahahah. I dont think we actually need any props if we're signing tom burgess, hes the marquee prop signing. Our props are:
T Burgess (hopefully we sign him)
Lawrence
Trbojevic
Sene Lefao
L.Burgess
-
Mason
Sao
Vave

looks good to me

Would not be surprised if any or all of this was actually true.

As much as I love Brett, he has had some attitude of late and I dare say he might have told Kelly give me more money or I leave. No doubt Zorba would have facilitated this also. The same goes with Matai.

There are still power plays going on and the club needs to take control, not the players....!! (And for Zorba to keep out of it....)

Penn and Kelly are meant to be running a business and at the moment I would not trust them to run a chook raffle.

So true, we must have faith. The only thing that will pull us down this year is if what i got told becomes a reality, and that is that Tooves may not last the season but will definately be gone for 2016 and that he WILL be replaced by Steve Kearney. I can't tell you where i got this info from but i can tell you it was the major reason that Matai re-signed for 2 more years, apparently he wanted Kearney. Im hoping this is not true otherwise we will be f...........d.
Bullsh1t!

So true, we must have faith. The only thing that will pull us down this year is if what i got told becomes a reality, and that is that Tooves may not last the season but will definately be gone for 2016 and that he WILL be replaced by Steve Kearney. I can't tell you where i got this info from but i can tell you it was the major reason that Matai re-signed for 2 more years, apparently he wanted Kearney. Im hoping this is not true otherwise we will be f...........d.

Hahahaha, Stephen Kearney, that is very funny.............! Great joke there.............!

there obviously must be more going down re dce and foran than we realise. The club couldn't be that silly to let both go unless there were some major sal cap restrictions etc so there maybe something to those rumours on the roar. Maybe Lyon matai Stewart and now ballin will take up a major chunk of our cap and we couldn't afford to lose those guys so club had to take a punt on foran and dce staying for way unders and sounds like they worked hard on foran but knew that there wasn't much hope with dce. Who knows just thinking out loud.

mateo at 6, no. He plays great as a ball playing lock like gifty was. Plus hes too big to permanently play five eighth. Maloney would be ideal at 6 and elgey at 7 should be definite
and yes, Carney NO and Sandow NO

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12