2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's all good saying we will find the next big thing...but there is the chance we don't find another play maker with as much talent as Daley for many years, and we might not even be able to recruit the big name forwards we so desperately need either.. only time will tell. Of course, history shows Manly will probably be back to the top sooner, rather than later, and although I'm bitterly disappointed about losing our DCE, I'm not going to rip into the kelly's and CEO just yet. I want to see what there plan of attack is to ensure Manly stay at the top..so will just be hopeful success and some big name signings are just around the corner, if they're aren't, well then we are in a bit of strife as a genuine premiership contender.

Point I've been trying to make is, 1 million a season for one Marquee player in your team is not that crazy with the current salary cap (which keeps going up - and will continue to go up) Can't compare Inglis, Smith and Thurston who signed a couple of years ago. Times are different now, players payments are going up all the time, the cap will continue to grow. DCE is Manly's best player and with Snake and Lyon to retire at the end of next year - Manly won't have any top Marquee players on their books at this rate. Will be interesting to see what offer's Maloney, Trent H etc receive from clubs when they go on the open market this year....not even half the player DCE is, so I hope we don't offer these guys 700k plus - that would be a huge step back wards.

Bye, bye DCE, Manly have been down before but we will bounce back. The club shouldn't be held to ransom by players. They are employees and if they don't like it well piss off!

Wouldn't say ransom..more like market value.
Nope I'd say ransom..... Is daly better than thurston? I think not.
1.1mil out of a 6.5 mil cap? No thanks.Management has got this one right 100% all the way!
Anything above 750-800k is overs!!! Plus the wanker holds us to ransom every other year!!!!! Whose to say he won't demand 1.8 mil in 18 months?

I think they'll stay for the year, fulfil their obligations with pride and passion, and move on. And they should do it with our good wishes. While that's going on, recruit replacements and spend the salary cap wisely. Most importantly out of all this, do not have two vital contracts finshing at the same time. That's the BIG lesson, I reckon

Would pay Cherry 950k - 1 million, Foran 650-700k. Who said anything about both for 1.2 million. Thats way too much!
Agree on DCE. His market value would have to be one million or close to a season. He is certainly worth more than $750,000 a season on current value. Not to mention what his staying with Manly brings in crowd numbers, memberships etc. He never said he didn't want to stay at Manly. He Just tested the market to see what he was worth, and had his contract offer withdrawn.

Now that Foran has left I think we need to reconsider our position with DCE. In my opinion Daly is a one off type of talent. A game breaker, with a great kicking game. His defence is also top notch. I would table a new offer for him around 900k to 1 million. I would use Forans cash to buy a prop along the lines of JWH and use the rest to pick up a number 6. Don't care if its Maloney, Sezer or Carney. All can do the job alongside DCE and I think we become a better side.

Third party deals are risky. i.e If any team who has lots of players on these type of contracts and the third party reneges on payments then the player could lose a lot of money.

just so we are clear 1 mil to DCE leave 5.5 mil to cover 24 other players, that's $229.000 for the other players. Not smart , not smart at all.
Again management got it 100% right.
For the record, I'm not thrilled with management on a few things.

Apparently Daly is only getting 450K at thte gold coast out of the 6.5 million cap

Add 300K for marqeut player.

the other 400K is TPA, apparently not arranged by the club or the NRL.....

Now he has 400K of TPA he should resign with up for 600K

Sadly, I would pay Cherry. I don't like him, but can win a team a GF.

I love Foz, and wouldn't offer him a cent more than he knocked back.

Oh the irony.

just so we are clear 1 mil to DCE leave 5.5 mil to cover 24 other players, that's $229.000 for the other players. Not smart , not smart at all.
Again management got it 100% right.
For the record, I'm not thrilled with management on a few things.

Come on Foz, don't be ridiculous. If we use your theory and pay Chez 750k, thats leaves a total of 239k for the rest, a whole whopping 10k more each!! Could offer chez 950k to 1 million, have plenty of cap space for the rest of the team, especially with Foz's money, players retiring in 1 to years, Mason will finish up, could move Horo and hasson on etc. I just feel Senior management dont want him here as much as Toovey, and Toovey has no say in player retention/recruitment apparently.
Anyway, looking forward to another great game from DCE on Friday, going to be a tough one!

Who's foz?
I get what your saying Simon, I guess I just don't see DCE as a million dollar player. Anyway onwards and upwards!
Hopefully a big win fri night!

And let's be honest, DCE has had one good game out of 10. Talk to me after he plays great for 26 games straight and wins the dally m by 10 points. Then maybe he'd be worth close to a mil.
All is only my opinion of course.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8