2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
foran and dce have caused a lot of trouble. They are great players but they have caused so much angst. Foran is potentially worse than dce - he almost went to the dogs and only Brent kite etc convinced him not to. Also demanded an upgrade from 400 to 650 as someone else posted once des left with the get out clause which ultimately helped end the career of kite and possibly Glenn Stewart at manly. Then took 6 months to tell the club he was going to parra when Ryan heard him say it in a cafe last year. If he told the club last year he was going when then we prob could have kept dce
Very well said.

any suggestions for 2016 halves?
realistically, i would like to see lyon at 6 and elgey at 7, maybe even hiku given a go at 6
other targets would be james maloney and maybe hodko but not too sure. jayden nikorima would be a great signing too but unlikely. there really isnt any gems on the market bar maybe elgey. hoping for a elgey-lyon halves combo or even elgey-maloney, and having jorge or gutho taking the number 3 if killer goes to 6

Bump.... Because this is what we should be discussing, rather than buying an inferior halfback.

Yes, he already announced he is leaving. We know his price. Just need a 3rd party deal that is better than the Titans offer before 30 June.

Crazy to be talking about anything else.

There rarely are gems of the quality we had, we have to get used to that. Hodko is my pick without a doubt he also brings an amazing goal kicking game with him so would be great addition to the team.

However I think hodkinson needs a creative 5/8 next to him or he goes missing so we need to look at Maloney at the same time or even possibly Carney

Hodkinson is useless and slow. Plus his knees are farked. If we sign him I see that as a massive step backwards.
he aint that bad, he can defend, he's played under our system prior, can kick goals, he aint that quick or crafty I agree, but he isnt that bad!!!

I'd give Sezer a go, he's only 23 and would flourish under Joey and Tooves. Sezer and Carney would be a very good pair. Hodko's knees are rubbish, and maloney will stay at the roosters.

Hodko is poo. I'd much rather we blood Rudolph. In fact, I implore the club to blood at least one new half so we can spend up big on the forwards. I think we need a creative half, and for that reason I am going to say Carney. He is the most dynamic of all the players on the market. We should concentrate on the pack, but one creative half is essential. I don't mind so much as long as we don't end up with Sezer.

Anyone that thinks Mateo is a permanent option at 5/8 based on one offload to Buhrer last week is kidding themselves. Yes, he played well, and I am a fan, but he not a long term solution in the position.

We will need one of the new halves to be experienced at NRL level. Of the available options Hodkinson is probably the best.

I think Maloney if available would be a sound signing and there is kicking in general play and goal kicking. I would like to see them go with a younger half back if at all possible. We dont want to spend overs like the whingers have done with Foran.

I think Maloney at 6 and hodko at 7 would be a gun combo. Than we should go sign Tom burgess and Sam kasiano . That would beef our pack up with the likes of the upcoming forwards coming through.

For me at least it's either:
6 Lyon (sometimes Hiku) with Rudolph Aldridge Littlejohn as backups
7 Elgey

6 Maloney
7 Elgey / Jayden Nikorima

6 Elgey
7 Hodkinson

I'd Like a manly scout to got to england and have a bit of a look over there one player would be the warrington 1/2 Richie Myler scores tries and kicks goals and has played for england just another to throw into the hat here

Let's sign a Toyota cup player from the titans over a guy that played in a GF last year and a winning state of origin team. Yeah that makes total sense.
If we held on to Hodkinson in 2011, who knows where DCE would be now, and if we would have taken the title with this snail at the helm?!

• 👍
Reactions: RWC
I've watched those Holden Cup highlights of Elgey a couple of times, and yes it's the NYC, but some of the things he can do are outstanding. He looks to be a real "creative" type half which is what we need. I think we should take a gamble on him for sure.

Give me a solid state of origin half over a NYC unknown any day of the week. If Elgey is so good why did they pay overs to sign DCE?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8