2017 Starting Line Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Who I believe will be the top 25 ... assuming Snake & Skivy retire & B Lawrence is moved on (I hope not), .... again this is not necessarily my top 25 but who I think will be picked by the gods

1 T. Turbo

2 A. Uate

3 B. Kelly

4 D. Walker ( goal kicker)

5 K. Locke

6 B. Green

7 DCE

8 D. Lussick

9 Api Koroisau

10 N. Myles

11 M.Kapow

12 S. Lane

13 J. Turbo

14 M. Parcell

15 C.Sironen

16 AFB

17 L. Brown

18 W. Meehan

19 L Perrett

20. J. Hoppa

21 O Slimankel

22 B. Parker

23 M. Wright (goal kicker)

24 J Tafua

& here's my cop out

25. Select 1 from; - C. Cullen, Tom. Wright (goal kicker), P. Matele, R.Coorey, J Sila, Billy Bainbridge, Frank Winterstein, Jono. Wright

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Who I believe will be the top 25 ... assuming Snake & Skivy retire & B Lawrence is moved on (I hope not), .... again this is not necessarily my top 25 but who I think will be picked by the gods

1 T. Turbo

2 A. Uate

3 B. Kelly

5 K. Locke

6 B. Green

7 DCE

8 D. Lussick

9 Api Koroisau

10 N. Myles

11 M.Kapow

12 S. Lane

13 J. Turbo

14 M. Parcell

15 C.Sironen

16 AFB

17 L. Brown

18 W. Meehan

19 L Perrett

20. J. Hoppa

21 O Slimankel

22 B. Parker

24 L. Perrett

& here's my cop out

25. Select 1 from; - C. Cullen, Tom. Wright (goal kicker), P. Matele, R.Coorey, J Sila, Billy Bainbridge, Frank Winterstein, Jorge Tafua, Jono. Wright

I think Jorge's contract amount would see him firmly fixed in the top 25.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member

1 T. Turbo

2 A. Uate

3 B. Kelly

5 K. Locke

6 B. Green

7 DCE

8 D. Lussick

9 Api Koroisau

10 N. Myles

11 M.Kapow

12 S. Lane

13 J. Turbo

14 M. Parcell

15 C.Sironen

16 AFB

17 L. Brown

18 W. Meehan

19 L Perrett

20. J. Hoppa

21 O Slimankel

22 B. Parker

24 L. Perrett

& here's my cop out

25. Select 1 from; - C. Cullen, Tom. Wright (goal kicker), P. Matele, R.Coorey, J Sila, Billy Bainbridge, Frank Winterstein, Jorge Tafua, Jono. Wright
You must rate Perrett, you picked him twice.:D

1 T. Turbo

2 A. Uate

3 B. Kelly

5 K. Locke

6 B. Green

7 DCE

8 D. Lussick

9 Api Koroisau

10 N. Myles

11 M.Kapow

12 S. Lane

13 J. Turbo

14 M. Parcell

15 C.Sironen

16 AFB

17 L. Brown

18 W. Meehan

19 L Perrett

20. J. Hoppa

21 O Slimankel

22 B. Parker

24 J Tafua

& here's my cop out

25. Select 1 from; - C. Cullen, Tom. Wright (goal kicker), P. Matele, R.Coorey, J Sila, Billy Bainbridge, Frank Winterstein, Jono. Wright
No offence but that team lacks fg experience and leadership

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member

1 T. Turbo

2 A. Uate

3 B. Kelly

5 K. Locke

6 B. Green

7 DCE

8 D. Lussick

9 Api Koroisau

10 N. Myles

11 M.Kapow

12 S. Lane

13 J. Turbo

14 M. Parcell

15 C.Sironen

16 AFB

17 L. Brown

18 W. Meehan

19 L Perrett

20. J. Hoppa

21 O Slimankel

22 B. Parker

24 J Tafua

& here's my cop out

Good team - Enjoy the size, speed and though ppl can call inexperienced...there's key players in key positions with exactly that....plus, I reckon the enthusiasm from this young lineup could be exactly whats needed.
Only change for mine is Parcell in at 9 but really, Api is pretty good and they both bring different qualities to the table...and can see the merit of Parcell off the bench, to exploit the tired players after Api does the tougher 25 mins early on.

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
Yeah but Barrett saying they're smashing training means nothing. He praised players after we'd get flogged.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
we will have a salary cap top 25 .... that's the point

No, NRL teams having a top 25 is just an already known fact.

Dont take offense, but its just that to make a list and put numbers on them and then add some extras and then suggest we dont look at positions just seems to be pointless. Please dont take offense.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No, NRL teams having a top 25 is just an already known fact.

Dont take offense, but its just that to make a list and put numbers on them and then add some extras and then suggest we dont look at positions just seems to be pointless. Please dont take offense.

I'm not taking offence .... but do you know who our top 25 are ? seriously I don't .. so if you do would you mind posting ... in any order :)

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
I'm not taking offence .... but do you know who our top 25 are ? seriously I don't .. so if you do would you mind posting ... in any order :)

LOL at "in any order :)"

It all depends upon who will be the best man for each positional spot including the bench. And yes, noone knows all 17 (or 25 for that matter)

So you see its fairly pointless. I am very happy you didn't take offense

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Not much point to this then. Even if the gods picked them.
Point is he doesn't nessesarily think THATS the bench....maybe another front rower instead of a 2nd hooker or utility...unfortunately Brown seems to sneak in regardless of performance and though I prefer Parcell to API...both have merit at different stages of the game.
I think he picked a pretty solid side.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

I get your point Nightster.

@Jatz Crackers , only your top 25 highest paid players are eligible to play FG unless you get an injury exception later in the season. So whilst we may wax lyrical about Willis Meehan's, Locke's and Brad Parkers potential ... unless they are in the top 25 they won't be playing FG in 2017 without extraordinary circumstances.

This is why no team lists have been announced yet ... our top 25 isn't settled.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Disclaimer ... I have absolutely no idea what half these blokes are on, just guessing.

The follow list is based only on the assumed level of their contract and whether that places them in the top 25 highest paid players.

TOP 25 DEFINITES.

DCE
Snake
Matai
Tom
Jake
Kapow
Lussick
Walker
Api
Myles
Jorge Taufua
Lewis Brown
Lawrence
Green
Brian Kelly

PROPABLE

AFB
Sironen
Lane
Parcell
Perrett
Uate
M.Wright

That's 22 players and at the moment include both Snake and Matai. Of course that may/will change.

So that leaves just 3 spots to be found for the following.

Hoppa, Parker, Cullen, Sly-Angle, Locke, Wright, Bainbridge, Meehan, Winterstein.

Remember, it all goes on the value of their contract, so say they want Hoppa in the top 25, he will have to get an upgrade to place him above the current number 25. Good luck working that all out.

Who eventually makes the 25 is the biggest game at Manly at the moment and who misses out will be the biggest drama.

Ryan

Journey Man
Disclaimer ... I have absolutely no idea what half these blokes are on, just guessing.

The follow list is based only on the assumed level of their contract and whether that places them in the top 25 highest paid players.

TOP 25 DEFINITES.

DCE
Snake
Matai
Tom
Jake
Kapow
Lussick
Walker
Api
Myles
Jorge Taufua
Lewis Brown
Lawrence
Green
Brian Kelly

PROPABLE

AFB
Sironen
Lane
Parcell
Perrett
Uate
M.Wright

That's 22 players and at the moment include both Snake and Matai. Of course that may/will change.

So that leaves just 3 spots to be found for the following.

Hoppa, Parker, Cullen, Sly-Angle, Locke, Wright, Bainbridge, Meehan, Winterstein.

Remember, it all goes on the value of their contract, so say they want Hoppa in the top 25, he will have to get an upgrade to place him above the current number 25. Good luck working that all out.

Who eventually makes the 25 is the biggest game at Manly at the moment and who misses out will be the biggest drama.

Weren't they increasing it from a top 25 to a top 36 or something in 2017? I know the NRL were considering?
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...FIXVnwpXhUGW0ZUL--KUsA&bvm=bv.141320020,d.c2I

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 81 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15
13 6 6 26 15