2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's been the missing link from 2016, I expect us to do better in 2017 just on this.

How much better I don't know, but I'm hoping it will mean pushing up into the bottom of the 8.

Still a player or two short I reckon, we need a decent winger, and an intimidating forward to add to the mix we have.

AND, of course that is based on Skivvy still playing on, if he retires we are short a quality centre as well.

BTW, I'm factoring in Stewart being around but not playing a major role, if he's gone then some ( or all ) of his money can be used to front end some contracts so we can go hard in 2018.
Well said, personally believe that we will manage to make the pointy end of the ladder with Marty, Darcy and AFB providing that intimidation and power in our forwards, especially should Jamil Hopate and Willis Meehan, two hard running and intimidating forwards themselves, be coming off the bench.

If Skivy is indeed available to play then our backs will have plenty of points in them with Green taking the pressure off of dce who should return to his $10 million dollar best ;) as well as the strong backs like both skivy and Tafua being the bruising backs we've loved to see belting the likes of Jennings and Leilua, Uate could be quite strong if he lifts his game. I'm just really hoping the walker and Uate combo will defend decently seeing that they will have unstoppable strike in attack, Uate needs to fire...

Also surprisingly we had the best forward pack in the nrl statistically and also let in the least amount of tries under and around the posts area. I have great belief in what we can achieve in 2017, but 2018 should be the year... But you can never write off manly

I think we are well served in the front row but we need another option on the edge and I would be throwing big $$$ at Manu Ma'u if I were Manly.

We also need to make sure that Wright, Wright, and Williame are not part of the full strength squad. They are back ups only. At a stretch I think Matthew Wright could be a decent centre but he is too slow for Wing.

I think we are well served in the front row but we need another option on the edge and I would be throwing big $$$ at Manu Ma'u if I were Manly.

We also need to make sure that Wright, Wright, and Williame are not part of the full strength squad. They are back ups only. At a stretch I think Matthew Wright could be a decent centre but he is too slow for Wing.
Manu Mau should be the main priority...

Did you know Wayne Bennett is only 66 I am really surprised by this

Wow that was random.

Isn't Manu Ma'u contracted to the worms for 2017 ?
I can't see the Dalai Lama letting him go.

Well said, personally believe that we will manage to make the pointy end of the ladder with Marty, Darcy and AFB providing that intimidation and power in our forwards, especially should Jamil Hopate and Willis Meehan, two hard running and intimidating forwards themselves, be coming off the bench.

If Skivy is indeed available to play then our backs will have plenty of points in them with Green taking the pressure off of dce who should return to his $10 million dollar best ;) as well as the strong backs like both skivy and Tafua being the bruising backs we've loved to see belting the likes of Jennings and Leilua, Uate could be quite strong if he lifts his game. I'm just really hoping the walker and Uate combo will defend decently seeing that they will have unstoppable strike in attack, Uate needs to fire...

Also surprisingly we had the best forward pack in the nrl statistically and also let in the least amount of tries under and around the posts area. I have great belief in what we can achieve in 2017, but 2018 should be the year... But you can never write off manly

did I miss something ... have we signed Uate ..? I hope not if it means exchanging Ferris for him !!

Wright can kick goals though !!

did I miss something ... have we signed Uate ..? I hope not if it means exchanging Ferris for him !!
No but we are very likely to unfortunately.

As I said on another thread it may be the worst signing in the clubs history or one of the better ones, not sure if I wanna find out

Isn't Manu Ma'u contracted to the worms for 2017 ?
I can't see the Dalai Lama letting him go.
Yep. No way parra would let him go. Brad Arthur has already said main reason not resigning Hayne was that he wanted to resign key off contract players like norman, manu manu, gutho etc

What mystifies me a little:

Glenn Stewart made his NRL debut in 2003, but only became a regular first grade player in 2007. He later won 2 premierships with us, won the Churchill medal, and represented NSW and Australia.

Under our current club environment, this type of player will probably have been axed after the first year of his contract. We have cleaned out 14+ players in the off-season for the past two years now. This includes players we have recruited in that time, as well as juniors who made the U/20s final last year.

My concern is that some of the young players at our club (on not much coin) will be shown the door well before they reach their potential because our recruitment geniuses think that the money is better spent on current NRL players that other clubs do not want.

What mystifies me a little:

Glenn Stewart made his NRL debut in 2003, but only became a regular first grade player in 2007. He later won 2 premierships with us, won the Churchill medal, and represented NSW and Australia.

Under our current club environment, this type of player will probably have been axed after the first year of his contract. We have cleaned out 14+ players in the off-season for the past two years now. This includes players we have recruited in that time, as well as juniors who made the U/20s final last year.

My concern is that some of the young players at our club (on not much coin) will be shown the door well before they reach their potential because our recruitment geniuses think that the money is better spent on current NRL players that other clubs do not want.
It's a good point about Gift but we are in need of a total overhaul for two reasons.

First is that our champion team has had bits falling off for the last couple of years and has finally been towed to the wreckers.

Second, while this has been occurring, some unsavoury 'cultural' strains have developed within the camp, and these may have played a part in undermining the previous coach, and also may (or may not) have something to do with match fixing investigations. Personally I have no problem with a fresh start.

RLW just tweeted that Uate is a certainty for us in 2017.

I guess there's our vacant wing spot filled , BUT, it's either a master stroke ( he's rejuvenated at a new club) OR he's another Lewis Brown ( or worse ).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8