2017 Tipping comp week 26. Winners!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Welcome to the:
"Woohoo - finals footy" round.

Dedicated to:
Silvertails tipping members.

Hello everyone!

It's the final weekly wrap up of this years tipping competition (thank goodness). After a great game against Penrith where Manly really ripped in, we are back in the finals! Woohoo!

tenor.gif

But (and some would say more importantly) we have to wrap up our season.

Firstly; we had some people tip a perfect round this week. Thirteen of you in fact! (sheesh).

The bakers dirty dozen are:

Eagle1188 Picked the closest margin of 2.
Boofhead Also picked a margin of 2 so these guys ruled week 26!
OneEyedEagle
Mals
jwaa
castle eagle
Bradza
rmd
Roger
eagle66
Moondog
Jock
Go manly

Well done guys. A full card is never easy to get, a full deck is harder (esp for some).

The "Handing over of the crown."
Last year @Stuey Davis Socks was our illustrious winner with @Eagleheart second and @Andrew.. third. BUT their reign of terror is now over and the new era of bragging is now upon us.

All Hail....

With 155 points @Eagle1188 is our new and most deserving champion of 2017! Massive congratulations. You took the lead very early and just could not be run down. Smashing a perfect round this week (and also getting the closest margin) you showed strength under pressure and also won the swimsuit round.

Well done mate, a really good effort. May your boasting be plentiful and sweet.

The rest of the podium:
We have a tie on points for second! (Of course...why should this be easy). On a very respectable 150 points each we have:
Pommie Eagle: who got 133 correct of 192.
Tragic-Eagles: who got 129 correct of 192 (so got a couple more bonus game points.)

Brilliantly done guys. You chased really well and this should hold you in good stead for next year.

The "Honourable mentions" Leader Board.
Eagle1188: 155 - Again, very well done to the new champ!
Pommie Eagle: 150 - Probably tipped a couple of long shots last week. Respect!
Tragic-Eagles: 150 - Very solid all year. Great job!
Wombat64: 149 - The 'best of the rest' is a good result for a busy guy.
Clint: 147 - A great charge to the top. Took some good tipping to beat you!
globaleagle: 147 - After last year, I'll take it. To equal Clint is totally awesome!
ALinda: 146 - Top 10...nice one! Hopefully even better next year.
Manly To Win!: 146 - Always in the hunt in this competition.
Eagleheart: 145 - 3 good tipping years in a row. I'm copying you next year.
Moondog: 144 - Steadily improving year by year. Look out 2018!
Andrew..: 144 - Probably want your podium place back next year. Fair enough.
The Insomniac: 144 - A good year results wise. Can now rest easy.

Well done everyone!
If you're not listed above, then click below for the full list:
"Silvertails tipping list of heroes"

This week's FINAL random member mention!
The random number this week is...51!

And the lucky member it corresponds to is:

nightster 125 points.

What a bonus for @nightster to score the (probably) last ever random member mention! It would be tough to chose between this honour and Manly winning a GF for sure.

Nightster arrived at Silvertails front door in January of 2016. He kicked in the door, called himself a grumpy old bastard, stomped into the living room, parked himself in front of the fireplace and hasn't moved since. He claims he is 66 and now lives in Byron but who can believe what old people say these days? He may be a young girl from Melbourne for all we know!

However, after 2000 plus posts we've learnt (learned) that he's not that scary, he just doesn't want to suffer fools (lol, welcome to the internet). That said, we enjoy having him as a member. He's earnt (earned) his stripes and I just hope they are the flavour grumpy old people like.

So congrats on this (dubious) honour nightster and thanks for joining silvertails and being a part of the tipping competition. Keep on posting!

Well Manly faithful,
We are in the finals and doesn't it feel great! I tipped a GF win and so guys still have some work to do. Do we yet dare to dream?

Thanks again to everyone for reading these threads throughout the year I hope they either cured your insomnia or gave you the occasional chuckle whilst being informative.

Good health to you all.

globaleagle signing off.

Go Manly! :)

@lsz haha no mention for you ...yet!
@Isz/@isz/alizzard/@lizzle/ (@l to the izzle)/@elle...s...z
@l freezing over/@geislongsuffering/@Iszitoveryet?/@lsz-beth Taylor
@l....ongway to the top if you wanna keep this up
@lzs-ights out.

Well done everyone!

This week's FINAL random member mention!

nightster 125 points.

What a bonus for @nightster to score the (probably) last ever random member mention! It would be tough to chose between this honour and Manly winning a GF for sure.

Nightster arrived at Silvertails front door in January of 2016. He kicked in the door, called himself a grumpy old bastard, stomped into the living room, parked himself in front of the fireplace and hasn't moved since. He claims he is 66 and now lives in Byron but who can believe what old people say these days?
He may be a young girl from Melbourne for all we know!

However, after 2000 plus posts we've learnt (learned) that he's not that scary, he just doesn't want to suffer fools (lol, welcome to the internet). That said, we enjoy having him as a member. He's earnt (earned) his stripes and I just hope they are the flavour grumpy old people like.

So congrats on this (dubious) honour nightster and thanks for joining silvertails and being a part of the tipping competition. Keep on posting!

Well Manly faithful,
We are in the finals and doesn't it feel great! I tipped a GF win and so guys still have some work to do. Do we yet dare to dream?

Thanks again to everyone for reading these threads throughout the year I hope they either cured your insomnia or gave you the occasional chuckle whilst being informative.

Good health to you all.

globaleagle signing off.

Go Manly! :)

@lsz haha no mention for you ...yet!
@Isz/@isz/alizzard/@lizzle/ (@l to the izzle)/@elle...s...z
@l freezing over/@geislongsuffering/@Iszitoveryet?/@lsz-beth Taylor
@l....ongway to the top if you wanna keep this up
@lzs-ights out.

I quite often feel like one

Last edited:
Thank you ... I am truly honoured .... I think ... I think this was my best round only getting let down by the Illageorge chokers

Go The Mighty Sea Eagles

Last edited:
Congrats @Eagle1188 great tipping all year - well deserved. I had to go a couple of roughies this week to have any chance of closing the gap - as if the Warriors were going to win..!
Thanks also to @globaleagle for your very entertaining updates each week - outstanding!

Thanks mate. You said last week you had to go for a few roughies and you did to go all out for the win. I'm glad that didn't cost you 'a place'. (I'm sure you would have found a way to go on - lol)

That said.... I dunno about the prizes (if any).

LOL, way to go @hat.

Had to read that twice, read it as BALLLICKIN at first :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:. Aaarrgggh for old age and poor eyesight :party::party::party:

What flavour did hat have?

What flavour does a 400 pound gorilla have? Any one he wants!!!

- Hat's kinda the same. (chocolate - always).

I should also add my (our) huge thanks to [B]@Dan[/B] who kicks the competition in the nuts computer wise so it works, [B]@Chip and Chase[/B] who wanted to retire from it all but helped out when needed, [B]@lsz[/B] who gave the first few weekly wrap ups before he went crazy and was institutionalised and all the mods (pre me) who worked at getting us to join.

This comp plus premium membership are the big big big ones to get money in to pay for the site and fight all the legal troubles you guys get Dan into!

Living in a big ice cube (lol...listening to nwa as I type) I love having this site full of all you gibberers and so my personal thanks to those who throw some coin at it. (value of personal thanks...one drink, redeemable in Canada).

Here's a link to the start of this years...don't read post 97!
https://silvertails.net/threads/sign-up-now-for-the-2017-jan-davis-tipping-comp.51052/page-5

Thanks!

Manly for '17 premiers!

Thanks for all your efforts @globaleagle , your weekly wraps left mine for dead. We'll see you next year, same time, same bat channel.

Congrats to @Eagle1188 on the win. You need to PM me your name and address so I can send you your signed jersey prize.

Thanks to all who signed up again this year, your support is much appreciated.

Thanks Chip and Chase:) and thank you Silvertails for not only the tipping comp but also for the awesome forum.
CC would you mind guiding me as to how to PM you, (computers and me are a no go zone hahaha) Thanks Champ

Thanks Chip and Chase:) and thank you Silvertails for not only the tipping comp but also for the awesome forum.
CC would you mind guiding me as to how to PM you, (computers and me are a no go zone hahaha) Thanks Champ

Ah well, then your prize is forfeit! Lol

(I'm so tired my eyes are bleeding!)

global needs a wing clipped!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10