• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm making the big call and not cause I'm a huge manly fan... Should we have a good year in the injury department and Green turn out to be the stabiliser at five-eighth then I see us a premiership threat with a finish in fourth. The only thing working against us is that bonding time with yet another half pairing and some additions to the side although I still believe we can do it. Lowest we will finish unless another injury crisis strikes again is 7th for mine.

Bold prediction but I'm liking it!!

So next year where looking at

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: S Matai
5: A Uate
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: J Trbojevic (c)
9: M Parcell
10: D Lussick
11: M Taupau
12: S Lane
13: J Buhrer (c)

14: A Koroisau
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: N Myles
17: W Meehan

I like the look of that team @Boxley , especially the part where I don't see L Brown or B Wiliame ;)

I guess Skivy is the biggest question mark. Hopefully he's got one more good year left in his battered body. If not.....well lets hope he does because the other alternatives right now (Brown, Wiliame and Wright) aren't all that pleasant to contemplate. At least Brad Parker is a ray of sunshine for the back up outside backs.

I didn't mention Snake because I don't expect him to be here next year if truth be told. I still think he'll end up a red and yellow Hulkamaniac.....er.....Catalans Dragon.

Only problem I see is if Tom gets injured, who plays full back (especially if injury happens during the match)

Also, who kicks goals?? Also see Lane as an impact bench player to replace Vave. Same as Parcell if they go the 2 hooker option.

If Manly cannot sign Gillette, would love for them to offer Vaughn a deal for a regular first grade spot and put the Mead offer back on the table rather than Uate as Mead is great cover for full back.

Team could look like this

5: D Mead
8: P Vaughn
9: A Koroisau
12: J Trbojevic (c)

14: Parcell
16: S Lane

Only problem I see is if Tom gets injured, who plays full back (especially if injury happens during the match)

Also, who kicks goals?? Also see Lane as an impact bench player to replace Vave. Same as Parcell if they go the 2 hooker option.

If Manly cannot sign Gillette, would love for them to offer Vaughn a deal for a regular first grade spot and put the Mead offer back on the table rather than Uate as Mead is great cover for full back.

Team could look like this

5: D Mead
8: P Vaughn
9: A Koroisau
12: J Trbojevic (c)

14: Parcell
16: S Lane
Looks like a decent team although I don't know how Jakey t would fair as a second rower id be more inclined to stick Vaughan there as that's where he started his career. And possibly switch Buhrer with kapow with the way the game is heading now. The lock / second 5/8th style play died out with gifty.

Hopoate and knight may push for a start in the 17 too. Imo I don't think we can carry both API and Parcell. With the interchanges dropping to six Parcell gets the nod for mine. Rotating players that can both play 80 seems a waste when an extra prop interchange up your sleeve would be far more valuable. If injury occurs Buhrer can cover

Hopoate and knight may push for a start in the 17 too. Imo I don't think we can carry both API and Parcell. With the interchanges dropping to six Parcell gets the nod for mine. Rotating players that can both play 80 seems a waste when an extra prop interchange up your sleeve would be far more valuable. If injury occurs Buhrer can cover
Jake plays 80, Buhrer plays 80, Taupau plays 65, Lussick plays 50. We can easily afford a utility. And we need one with all our injuries.

Jake plays 80, Buhrer plays 80, Taupau plays 65, Lussick plays 50. We can easily afford a utility. And we need one with all our injuries.
My original point was that both Parcell and API play 80. Why not have fresher forward stocks but in saying that imo Kapow can play 80 realistically but I believe 25-30 min stints is when his at his most explosive. I believe first 25-30 and last 25-30 of the game. AFB should play inbetween. I would do the same with Lussick and Meehan. Me personally I believe Buhrer should be on the bench he will be more effective that way when teams are tiring rather than slogging it out from the get go and has utility type value. Although this all depends on who we recruit and how our lineup looks rd1 but then you have one change for your backrow where Buhrer can come in and hit holes through tired defenders. And still have one up your sleeve to hold in case of injury or the last 15-10 where you could chuck another power player like possibly a Hopoate for eg. Again, depending on situation and teams versed

My original point was that both Parcell and API play 80. Why not have fresher forward stocks but in saying that imo Kapow can play 80 realistically but I believe 25-30 min stints is when his at his most explosive. I believe first 25-30 and last 25-30 of the game. AFB should play inbetween. I would do the same with Lussick and Meehan. Me personally I believe Buhrer should be on the bench he will be more effective that way when teams are tiring rather than slogging it out from the get go and has utility type value. Although this all depends on who we recruit and how our lineup looks rd1 but then you have one change for your backrow where Buhrer can come in and hit holes through tired defenders. And still have one up your sleeve to hold in case of injury or the last 15-10 where you could chuck another power player like possibly a Hopoate for eg. Again, depending on situation and teams versed
I think Parcell will be and should be starting hooker, but Koroisau if given a bench spot should be used as a roving lock-backrower with a licence to kick and also give Parcell a rest before the final 15 of the game. Not just an average hooker interchange otherwise it's useless, do what raiders do which is have them on at the same time.

Lane wouldn't be starting second row I don't think. I believe that's a great team but Jake Trbojevic is likely to stay at lock meaning Buhrer to stay at second row unless Gillett is signed, meaning Addin Fonua Blake in prop which he's looked great at and Lussick joining him. Brenton Lawrence, lane, Meehan and either Myles or one of our upcoming star forwards in Jamil Hopoate or Liam Knight.

I think Parcell will be and should be starting hooker, but Koroisau if given a bench spot should be used as a roving lock-backrower with a licence to kick and also give Parcell a rest before the final 15 of the game. Not just an average hooker interchange otherwise it's useless, do what raiders do which is have them on at the same time.
The good thing is we have the options like this to contemplate with. Both as good as another. I suppose it depends on game plans week to week. But I would like us to go hard for one or the other of hingano or Lolohea if green doesn't sign.Throw a contract at Vaughan and tagatese as Gillette will stay. Go for mead. Sign Henare wells, Tautau Moga and Matagi for depth. And end up with something like this which I believe is strong

1.turbo / lolohea / t wright
2.taufua / wright / Parker
3.walker / Williame / Moga
4.matai / turbo / Lolohea
5.mead / wells / Moga
6.green /lolohea / Cullen
7.cherry / hingano / Hynes
8. Lussick / Meehan / Myles / taga
9.koroisau / Parcell
10.taupau / AFB/ knight / Matagi
11.Tagatese / buhrer / green
12.vaughan / lane / brown
13.trbojevic / Hopoate

Looks like a decent team although I don't know how Jakey t would fair as a second rower id be more inclined to stick Vaughan there as that's where he started his career. And possibly switch Buhrer with kapow with the way the game is heading now. The lock / second 5/8th style play died out with gifty.
Jake at lock playing that 5/8 style has been working quite well I believe but I like him at lock because he is an outstanding defender and that freedom to move both sides of the field to help wherever we are lacking intensity in defence.

Jake plays in the middle as another prop.. He acts as a first receiver at times but is pretty predictable with his ball playing. You never see him on the fringes like gift did in attack

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4