• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only problem I see is if Tom gets injured, who plays full back (especially if injury happens during the match)

Also, who kicks goals?? Also see Lane as an impact bench player to replace Vave. Same as Parcell if they go the 2 hooker option.

If Manly cannot sign Gillette, would love for them to offer Vaughn a deal for a regular first grade spot and put the Mead offer back on the table rather than Uate as Mead is great cover for full back.

Team could look like this

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: S Matai
5: D Mead
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: P Vaughn
9: A Koroisau
10: D Lussick
11: M Taupau
12: J Trbojevic (c)
13: J Buhrer (c)

14: Parcell
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: S Lane
17: W Meehan
I just can't have APi as 9; however, it would not surprise me to see Barrett do exactly that - he seems to love him. Utility, yes, starting 9 - not for me. As mentioned, Jamil will be in there somewhere I feel.

Buhrer is ideal as lock in my opinion and the up and coming Jamil Hopoate could also fill that position. Hopoate was almost picked this week as centre because he has quite a bit of pace and distributing nous. Is also a good defender. Buhrer and Hopoate in the same team gives me goose bumps in anticipation

Buhrer is ideal as lock in my opinion and the up and coming Jamil Hopoate could also fill that position. Hopoate was almost picked this week as centre because he has quite a bit of pace and distributing nous. Is also a good defender. Buhrer and Hopoate in the same team gives me goose bumps in anticipation
Could see jamil as the matai replacement definately

2017 is when our new era starts. Lyon and Stewart will be gone and Matai is highly likely to retire means our new leaders will have to stand up. Firstly our coach Barrett is in many ways an unknown, if you think he is crap have a look what he has had to deal with. He has been forced into some selections which have been poor e.g. Dylan Walker. If you think he is good look at his team structures which have been pretty poor. I'm on the fence with Barrett but if he gets a good year with injuries and a good draw we will be a top 8 force. If we keep Trbojevic, Green, Cherry-Evans and Parcell on the field for the majority of the year we will make the 8. If those 4 get injuries a lot we will experience another 2016 season. Let's look at things that have been positive from our 2016 season that will go on into 2017.
-Jake Trbojevic and Jamie Buhrer have become our new co captains
-DCE has developed good combos with key players Buhrer and Tom
-Tom has become a superstar and will be the future star of the comp
-We have a great pack with Lussick, Taupau, Buhrer, Trbojevic, Fonua-Blake all in form and it's starting to take shape with Meehan, J Hopoate and Knight coming through meaning we have one of the best packs in the league with possible additions of Gillett and Asofa-Solomona
-Everyone now has a full year together knowing each other's strengths and plays
We have many more but they are the main ones which will have a 2017 impact we will be top 8 as long as our spine stays together cause that is one of the best spines in the NRL. Here's our possible team line up and squad where it is at now.

4:
5:
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: J Trbojevic (c)
9: M Parcell
10: D Lussick
11: M Taupau
12:
13: J Buhrer (c)

14: A Koroisau
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: N Myles
17:

Backups:
Fullback- T Wright
Wing- M Wright
Centre- B Williame, B Parker
Five-Eight- C Cullen, N Hynes
Halfback- P Godinet
Hooker-
Prop- L Knight, W Meehan
Second Row- L Brown, N Green, F Winterstein, B Bainbridge
Lock- J Hopoate

That's our squad without any of our rumoured signings as yet, if you add Gillett, Roberts, Asofa-Solomona and possibly Uate it's a top 8 team and if we can get less injuries and a good draw we will possibly be top 6. We just need to buy some quality backs preferably a centre, winger and some back ups in the backline, a back rower maybe another prop and we will be set. A new goal kicker would also be nice and we will have heaps of cash with Lyon, Stewart, Matai and all the dead wood leaving we should have some good cash to spend but no waste, Roberts is a must if not 2017 than 18.
Put tom wright at centre. I reckon he could become our future centre with walker. Brad parker will be our wing. Put meehan in that # 12 spot. Heard knight has signed with roosters, hope not. Return turbo to 13 but play him as a third prop instead of only uisng him for defence, it was so annoying this year how he wouldnr take much runs because of how tired he was. Bhurer to bench with fonua blake to 8

Put tom wright at centre. I reckon he could become our future centre with walker. Brad parker will be our wing. Put meehan in that # 12 spot. Heard knight has signed with roosters, hope not. Return turbo to 13 but play him as a third prop instead of only uisng him for defence, it was so annoying this year how he wouldnr take much runs because of how tired he was. Bhurer to bench with fonua blake to 8

I would nurse Tom Wright into first grade like Manly did with TT. Put him on the wing where his speed and evasiveness can be used without having him belted by big forwards this early. Buhrer or Jamil would be perfect locks. If Matai is unavailable, Parker to centre.

For mine, our pack next year should look something like:

8 - Darcy Lussick
9 - Matt Parcell
10 - Jake Trbojevic (c)
11 - Martin Taupau
12 - Shaun Lane
13 - Jamie Buhrer (c)

On the bench should be Api (utility), Myles, AFB and probably Meehan or Hopoate.

As much as Jake has done a very good job at lock (which these days is used more like a front rower than a traditional back rower), the signing of Lane and moving Myles permanently to the bench would allow him to move back to the front row where he is at his best and Ferris to move to what I think is his best position at the back of the scrum.

Parcell at hooker should be a no-brainer, but as @pjayz said, Barrett seems to have a thing for Api so who knows? Hopefully he realises that we're better off with Parcell at dummy half.

As for the backline? The biggest question is Skivy.....will he be able to play or won't he? If he does, great. If not we're going to have to find a centre partner for Walker and right now that looks like it could be between Brown, Wiliame, Wright or Parker (unless we sign someone else but there aren't many quality three-quarters on the market this year). Brad Parker I wouldn't argue with really as I think (provided the club doesn't cut him as well) he will be a future long time centre/winger for us, and Wright we know will give his all like Skivy always has. But Brown or Wiliame? I hope we only see those two as injury replacements or during Origin.

1 - Tom Trbojevic
2 - Jorge Taufua
3 - Dylan Walker
4 - Steve Matai / Matthew Wright / Brad Parker
5 - Akuila Uate / Brad Parker
6 - Blake Green
7 - Daly Cherry-Evans

For mine, our pack next year should look something like:

8 - Darcy Lussick
9 - Matt Parcell
10 - Jake Trbojevic (c)
11 - Martin Taupau
12 - Shaun Lane
13 - Jamie Buhrer (c)

On the bench should be Api (utility), Myles, AFB and probably Meehan or Hopoate.

As much as Jake has done a very good job at lock (which these days is used more like a front rower than a traditional back rower), the signing of Lane and moving Myles permanently to the bench would allow him to move back to the front row where he is at his best and Ferris to move to what I think is his best position at the back of the scrum.

Parcell at hooker should be a no-brainer, but as @pjayz said, Barrett seems to have a thing for Api so who knows? Hopefully he realises that we're better off with Parcell at dummy half.

As for the backline? The biggest question is Skivy.....will he be able to play or won't he? If he does, great. If not we're going to have to find a centre partner for Walker and right now that looks like it could be between Brown, Wiliame, Wright or Parker (unless we sign someone else but there aren't many quality three-quarters on the market this year). Brad Parker I wouldn't argue with really as I think (provided the club doesn't cut him as well) he will be a future long time centre/winger for us, and Wright we know will give his all like Skivy always has. But Brown or Wiliame? I hope we only see those two as injury replacements or during Origin.

1 - Tom Trbojevic
2 - Jorge Taufua
3 - Dylan Walker
4 - Steve Matai / Matthew Wright / Brad Parker
5 - Akuila Uate / Brad Parker
6 - Blake Green
7 - Daly Cherry-Evans

Think about it, if we have lussick and turbo as our staring props, when will AFB or meehan beocome a starting prop. It wont be possible as lussick still has another 5 years in him. That means AFB will become a bench player until 25. He wont be able to become one of the best forwards in the comp if he comes off the bench. But we could push turbo to 13 but playing as another prop. Bhurer can come on for him in the 25 min. And come off in 60 minute. Bring AFB to number 8.

One thing I would love to see for 2017 from Manly is our bonding as a team.I thought this year was a little average as some players looked uninterested.Sometimes I question weather our side are even friends.I could be wrong, but we do need to start here with a healthy bond and I hope the off season will clear a few heads and we an come back in 2017 as a different team.I don't really care too much who is playing,just as long as we can play as a team and back each other up as this year I only saw glimpses of it.

Think about it, if we have lussick and turbo as our staring props, when will AFB or meehan beocome a starting prop. It wont be possible as lussick still has another 5 years in him. That means AFB will become a bench player until 25. He wont be able to become one of the best forwards in the comp if he comes off the bench. But we could push turbo to 13 but playing as another prop. Bhurer can come on for him in the 25 min. And come off in 60 minute. Bring AFB to number 8.

Totally agree. Jake doesn't have the size or impact to cart it up in the front row and bend the line. I would leave him at lock or backrow and encourage him to work on his passing as he has shown glimpses he can play before the line but has put that away for most of this year. If he can get that passing game back and tapau can get those off loads away to support we look more dangerous and not so one dimensional. Forwards have been very good of late though.

As said in another thread, I give Bob, Trent and the Penns a get out of gaol free card this year because of new coach, injuries, lots of new players. Next year the gloves are off. No excuses. Manly improves or all of you should leave the club and pass the baton on. Its a results based game and you guys are just as bound by that statement as the players and Toovey was.

AFB won't become one of the best forwards in the game until he can get fit

1 Tom
9 Parcell
10 Marty
11 Jake
12 Buhrer

14 Api
4:
5: