2018 Rd 5 - Manly v Titans: - Pre-Game Discussion.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

winnyason

Bencher
Would never trade him out completely mate. Just thinking about whether to be tricky and put him into my team while everyone else sits him out.

My other options will likely only score 20 to 30 points so its worth the risk I think.

First world problems haha
Well i thought i be smart i pick on in 17. However brett morris got concussed tackling dust and scored a big 2. Last week i got 1089 i got bad feeling about this week

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Manly Daily

Barrett gives new five-eighth ring of confidence
image.ashx

Sea Eagle Lachlan Croker.

SEA Eagles five-eighth Lachlan Croker feels his confidence is growing every week playing in the NRL and he gives a of credit for that to coach Trent Barrett.

“I can’t tell you how good Baz (Barrett) has been for me,” said the 21-year-old signing from the Raiders.

“He tells me what I’m doing well and what I’m not doing well.

“Obviously, being the half he was and knowing the faith he has in me makes my job a lot easier.”

Croker said Barrett and skipper Daly Cherry-Evans were both calm heads who helped his transition to the big time a lot easier.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Manly Daily

Api’s happy with deal
Star Sea Eagle confident on future at club
image.ashx

Manly hooker Api Koroisau has agreed to remain at the club for three more seasons, Picture: Gregg Porteous

SEA Eagles hooker Api Koroisau does not believe the salary cap dramas that have engulfed the club will have an impact on his new contract at the club.

He has agreed to a new three-year deal with Manly which could not be lodged while the NRL investigation was taking place.

“I’m really confident that it (the contract) will still go through and I’m not too worried about it,” said the livewire forward widely touted as the possible NSW Origin hooker this year.

And Koroisau said he had not been distracted by the situation.

“Everything has been focused on playing good footy this year and the week ahead, to be honest,” he said.

“I haven’t heard anything from the club so I am assuming it has all gone through.”

Koroisau said the club’s salary cap saga and the subsequent heavy sanctions imposed by the NRL had not affected the playing group.

“It’s been business as usual,” he said.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Manly Daily

Run, Tommy, run
‘Turbo’ has found the path to legendary fullback status

TOM Trbojevic just needs to keep running to join Graham Eadie and Brett Stewart as the greatest fullbacks to play for the Sea Eagles.

“Turbo” put away any attempt to kick in general play to produce a master class at Lottoland last Saturday against the Raiders. The result was four try-assists and a try in a display that had the experts drooling.

Eadie and Stewart rarely kicked during their amazing careers in the maroon and white number one jersey.

Eadie won four premierships in his 237 games and Stewart two in his 233 games.

At just 22 Trbojevic has scored 31 tries in just 59 games. But it is obvious he only needs to escape serious injuries to join Eadie and Stewart in the legendary class of fullbacks at the club.

By his own standards Trbojevic had a slow start to the season. That all changed last Saturday when he used his size, speed, strength and ability to use to the ball to bury the Raiders.

In the opening rounds he had unsuccessfully tried to introduce kicking in attack

— something he does not need to do.

Trbojevic was using the ice bucket for long periods this week in an attempt to make a quicker than expected return from the ankle injury he sustained 10 minutes from full-time last Saturday.

TERRIBLE LOOK

A NEW report has revealed an extra 120 sporting field are needed in Sydney’s north over the next 20 years.

Unfortunately, the northern beaches is not included in the report, covering the council areas of Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Kuring-gai, Lane Cove, North Sydney, Ryde and Willoughby.

Sporting grounds on the northern beaches are generally below standard and in need of work.

The so-called pride and joy of the beaches — Lottoland at Brookvale — continues to be an embarrassment.

What a terrible look on national TV last Sunday when injured Sea Eagles forward Curtis Sironen had to go through a long limp back to the player tunnel because there is no access to the ground for a medical cab.

In this day and age of player welfare, that is simply unacceptable.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Manly Daily

Matt’s Wright for No.l

Jon Geddes

IMG_20180407_105128.jpg

SEA Eagles back Matthew Wright made an impact when he arrived at training this week with his hair dyed maroon. He hopes to make another statement if he replaces Tom Trbojevic at fullback for tomorrow’s game against Gold Coast in Gladstone.

Trbojevic was included on an extended Sea Eagles bench on Tuesday after injuring his ankle in Saturday’s win over Canberra and was back running on Thursday, with Wright named at fullback.

“Turbo” was travelling with the team, with a decision on whether he plays made closer to kick-off.

As for the possibility of playing in the No. 1 jumper tomorrow Wright said: “It will be a good challenge and I can’t wait. It will be good for me to get out there and show what I’ve got.

“He’s been performing well but I’m happy to step up and fill his shoes until he comes back.

“I like to get involved, to get my hands on the ball.”

And Wright will look to play what is in front of him tomorrow if he ends up at fullback.

“If I see something, just take it,” said Wright, who has played on the wing and in the centres for the Sea Eagles.

As for his hair-raising new appearance, Wright said: “It was just for fun, to get a few laughs. It was my missus’s leftover dye.”

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Is this going to be an impossible task this weekend? Jeez I badly need a win to lift my spirits. Manly always normally come through for me !

We'll flog them ... all the experts at the table of "Unreliable memoirs" this morning gave us no chance ... given the track record of these numbnuts, we are a shoo in ...

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Manly Daily

The so-called pride and joy of the beaches — Lottoland at Brookvale — continues to be an embarrassment.

What a terrible look on national TV last Sunday when injured Sea Eagles forward Curtis Sironen had to go through a long limp back to the player tunnel because there is no access to the ground for a medical cab.

In this day and age of player welfare, that is simply unacceptable.
I wish the humiliation of having to call Brookie Lottoland was at least compensated by the Lottloland company putting in bug bucks to upgrade 'their' ground.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I wish the humiliation of having to call Brookie Lottoland was at least compensated by the Lottloland company putting in bug bucks to upgrade 'their' ground.
I don't buy this ZtC story.

Somehow the grass gets cut each week and it's too big to be done by goats :p

Brookvale Show manages to have trucks, so a medicab should be able to squeeze through

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14