2023 fastest 20 players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Off season, gotta fill the papers with some BS, only tracks the top speed they ran, doesnt mean that the fastest they can run

Also would have thought the likes of Cobbo , Coates and definitely Koula would have been on the list somewhere .
Probably only a very marginal difference in plenty of the more speedier types in the comp in any case , even instances of say Crichton and Edwards .
Hard to contemplate that Sabb would not be the quickest in a straight out footrace however .

The best promotion the NRL could do would be to put on an athletics event for charity where players (men and women) could compete over various distances, and compete in throwing and jumping events. I'm sure it would be picked up by a TV network, and it would settle arguments as to who is the fastest, strongest, fittest etc.

The best promotion the NRL could do would be to put on an athletics event for charity where players (men and women) could compete over various distances, and compete in throwing and jumping events. I'm sure it would be picked up by a TV network, and it would settle arguments as to who is the fastest, strongest, fittest etc.
Tommy the Turbo tried that on the Corso remember? They had the crowd, the cameras, the competition, and against the odds small dude beat the superstar.
Tommy then slipped in the shower the next morning and the past 3 years have been ****e.
dangerous idea as much as i want to see it.

Top speed aint the best metric, you want timed sprints over 10m, 40m and 100m.

Someone like Walsh is so damaging because of his burst off acceleration. That first 10m is the most important.

Agree with an earlier sentiment about a footrace.

Part of the GF entertainment is all 16 teams putting a player forward. Two 8 man semis earlier in the day (pre womans gf) then one 8 man final at half time.

Get it sponsored, money to the club, player and a charity. (Say 150k with 50k to each)

And yes yes, possibility of injury blah blah, but players can get injured anywhere and nobody is forcing any paticipants.

If the club and player agreed you culd have Saab or Koula if not our representative could be Faulolo or......Toff 😂😂

Would be great fun.

And this probs goes without needing to be mentioned but you never know here....obvs the GF teams put up a player outside their gameday squad.

Also would have thought the likes of Cobbo , Coates and definitely Koula would have been on the list somewhere .
Probably only a very marginal difference in plenty of the more speedier types in the comp in any case , even instances of say Crichton and Edwards .
Hard to contemplate that Sabb would not be the quickest in a straight out footrace however .
Not once this year did I see Saab stretch out! Highly doubt Mulitalo would get close Saab in any race. Also Koula is definitely in the top 5 for mine!

I always marvel at this sort of ridiculous article…fastest players based on top speed. If I race someone over 10m and I run 35km an hour for one microsecond before dropping back to 33km/hr and someone else runs 34.9km for 2 straight seconds, who is faster I wonder? Haha.

Rubbish article...were they using one of those radars they use at roadworks where it says you're doing 10km/h difference to what you're really doing?

Sivo at 3, that'll do me ..

It’s just top speed and no indication given for length of time that speed is maintained. I would bet my house that Koula would outrun Mulitalo over anywhere from 10m-100m. It’s just measuring a burst of speed so naturally the list has some power athletes, but it will not translate to a foot race over a length of metres. I’ve seen Mulitalo get run down from behind before. Koula can run the hundred in 9.58s. There’s no way anyone on the list (other than maybe Saab) would get close to that time.

It’s a bogus article. It should read top speeds on tracker, not fastest players in the NRL. Like c’mon, Dylan Edwards is on the list?! He runs in quicksand after 10 metres.

Apparently Roger Fabri came out and called the telstra tracker as gimmickry to keep the fans interested, his top 5 and he's trained most of them
1 Saab
2 Young
3 Koula
4 Xerri
5 Hammer

On another occasion, Fabri said

'..... his (4 x 100) relay team, in order, was Manly's Tolutau Kola, Newcastle's Dominic Young, Tabuai-Fidow and then Saab. Addo-Carr missed out, but if it was over 70m, Fabri said he would have been in."

Fabri is yet to work Tabuai-Fidow, but would like to do so in future

"I would describe him as a silky type of athlete, very similar to the Saab mode, where they look like everything they do is effortless but in fact it is at high speed. The runs where they are looking effortless more likely are effortless for the simple fact that they don't need to go any faster - because there is nobody that can keep up with them when they are at 75 per cent."

Pretty sure I read that Manly stated there fastest players are
Jason Saab
Kolu Toula
Rueben Garrick
Turbo
Ethan Bullemor
Not that long ago, if my memory serves me correctly, DCE was our fastest or close to it. Then again with time flying, maybe it was some years ago.
In any case I'm surprised DCE isn't in the top 20 list. Imo he's always been fast despite his age. Also Moses is in the top 10...really?

Not that long ago, if my memory serves me correctly, DCE was our fastest or close to it. Then again with time flying, maybe it was some years ago.
In any case I'm surprised DCE isn't in the top 20 list. Imo he's always been fast despite his age. Also Moses is in the top 10...really?
I don't mean this as an attack but you know it's just a top speed statistic...if this statistic was an indication of a player's actual speed over any kind of distance, it would mean that we have 20 guys in the NRL, many of whom I have seen run down from behind on occasions, that could all break state sprinting records and run 100m in 10 seconds.

Bula is on that list and Koula is not, yet we all remember Koula burning Bula in 2nd gear at Brookie in the first minute of play in the final round.

It's clearly not an indication of the NRLs fastest player. It's an indication of a player's top speed at any given microsecond. There's been instances in games where they've shown the tracker and the fastest speed for the match was a forward. It happens all the time.

Can anyone actually see Mulitalo, Sivo, Moses, Gutherson, Edwards, Wilson, or Garrick outpace Koula in any context over any distance on any surface?

I don't mean this as an attack but you know it's just a top speed statistic...if this statistic was an indication of a player's actual speed over any kind of distance, it would mean that we have 20 guys in the NRL, many of whom I have seen run down from behind on occasions, that could all break state sprinting records and run 100m in 10 seconds.

Bula is on that list and Koula is not, yet we all remember Koula burning Bula in 2nd gear at Brookie in the first minute of play in the final round.

It's clearly not an indication of the NRLs fastest player. It's an indication of a player's top speed at any given microsecond. There's been instances in games where they've shown the tracker and the fastest speed for the match was a forward. It happens all the time.

Can anyone actually see Mulitalo, Sivo, Moses, Gutherson, Edwards, Wilson, or Garrick outpace Koula in any context over any distance on any surface?
You make some interesting points, thank you, and I certainly agree with you...Koula would outpace the lot of them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8